• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The not-complete Comprehensive Ganondorf Guide

The not-complete Comprehensive Ganondorf Guide

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
The Full, Comprehensive Smash 4 Ganondorf Guide (nowhere near complete)

Here's the ultra-beta-bootleg version of the comprehensive Smash 4 Ganondorf Guide. For now I have the general format the guide will follow, covering Ganon's moveset, his playstyle, then branching out into techs and edgeguarding.

I'm obviously going to force people to be my slaves politely ask for the Ganon boards to assist in writing the guide to Ganon. We all have our little area of Ganon we specialize in, so it's time to put it together.

Also @ Vermanubis Vermanubis , if possible, it would be amazing if you could write an introduction for the guide, complete with mandatory red text.

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
You can't say it's "Full" or "comprehensive" because then I get my hopes way up.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I probably won't say a whole lot in this thread, but you are free to borrow anything you see fit from my edgeguard focused guide.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It didn't tell me I was tagged!

Anyway, I would be most pleased to write something damning... :ganondorf:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
This is fairly good. Reminds me of my own which I haven't updated since grad school is giving me a hard time.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Is this the place to suggest addable tidbits on the basic moveset? Or should we wait till it gets farther? There are some important little factlets about aerials, platforms, and auto-canceling.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
The guide is awesome but D Smash was changed in the last patch and that should be addressed. It's a pretty damned good move now.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I'll suggest some stuff later today. Gotta go to work. Blegh.
So specifically:

Bair: Auto-cancels when full hopped onto battlefield-height platforms.
Uair: Also Auto-cancels when full hopped onto battlefield-height platforms. Harder to perform than Bair because of the delay you need to put between the jump input and the attack input, but worth it. Hitting with the sourspot right at the ledge allows a ledge cancel which combos into other aerial followups, including Dair, or as Gungnir displayed, footstool>wizkick spike. (I believe in the Brawl days this was called a "Z1gman" combo??)
Dair: Auto-cancels when double-jumped onto most platforms and back onto the ledge. Can be frame-cancelled for ridiculous followups
Nair: Can be Frame-cancelled reliably using FH>Air dodge>FF Nair.

Neutral B: When launched high diagonally, this can be used double-reversed as a part of your recovery.
Edit: Incidentally, I think the aerial, reversed version of warlock punch is the strongest. The actual change in movement is negligible (I think it's the same speed as just gliding back to the stage) but the actual hit will come out right around when you start nearing viable edge-guard range, so unless your opponent knows perfectly the timing for warlock punch, they either won't approach or will possibly get a face full of murder fist.

WizKick: There is no aerial version of this in the guide currently. Can be used sparingly as a mixup/combo-breaker (or to punish predictable air followups). Can be used for recovery to beat the opponent to the ledge if launched. It spikes, which can either be used for style points or as a surprise anti-ledgeguard maneuver if you are recovering high (and still have your DJ).

There's my meager contribution. Feel free to question or re-test anything here.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm open to helping.

Jerbear9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerbs9
maybe add damage outputs for each move. the wiki may have most of them but it doesn't have the total possible for flame chain and having everything together would be a little more convenient if you can find a good way to format it. probably want to add a link to that one graph with all the flame choke follow ups as well. side note, WP/WB's super armor can be good for some reads (ex: an Ike trying to hit you with up/side b while recovering and lands on stage).
edit: forgot to say good work so far

Last edited:

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
It's worth noting that aerial Wiz Foot does incredible shield damage. Just damage the opponent's shield a bit and then go for short hop Wiz Foot. If they try to block, they get shield broken.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
It's worth noting that aerial Wiz Foot does incredible shield damage. Just damage the opponent's shield a bit and then go for short hop Wiz Foot. If they try to block, they get shield broken.
And if they powershield the first hit, they'll have to remember to hold it through the shockwave as well or they'll get popped up.

Top Bottom