• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next 2GG Saga is Dedicated to ZeRo, Smash Wii U's Longest-Running Champion

The most dominant player in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U community, Gonzalo "ZeRo" Barrios, is getting his own 2GG Saga tournament.

On October 17th, 2GG Tournaments announced via Twitter that they will be celebrating their one year anniversary with a $10,000 pot bonus ZeRo Saga through December 17th and 18th that will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Rio Hotel.

For people who are unfamiliar with 2GG, it is a local tournament organization based in Southern California. They are also known for having one of the most popular Twitch streams and YouTube channels for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in terms of local tournaments for showcasing talented players such as James "VoiD" Tyson, Larry "Larry Lurr" Holland, Rich Brown and Shawn "K9s Bruce" Bruce and many more.

If you are interested in signing up for 2GG: ZeRo Saga, click here. Here is information regarding the dates for registration:
  • October 17th - November 21st: Early Bird Registration $40
  • November 22nd - December 5th: Normal Registration $55
  • December 6th - December 9th: Late Registration $65
For more updates on any 2GGT Saga or on their content, follow them on Twitter and subscribe to their YouTube channel to do so. Stay tuned to Smashboards for more future info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Olalde

Comments

Still waiting on this:
But anyway if ZeRo can't win his own 2gg, nobody probably can except maybe Ally, MK Leo or Kamemushi (Or Dabuz or Nairobut probably not). Can't wait.

Last edited:
Never played smash 4
Basicly the once-undisputed champion of Smash 4 who won 56 or 57 tournaments in a row, took a break for a few months, started losing for a while but has now won the past few majors he's been to again.

Damn, the pressure. I feel like he'll do it though, ZeRo looked amazing in his last few tournies. Making Diddy look broken.

I think you mean jv6 stocked. Or does smash4 only use 3 stocks lol
No, he meant exactly what he said, 3-0'd, being beaten three games to zero games in a best of five set.

The only game you can be jv6'd is Smash 64. And smash 4 only uses 2 stocks in the US, 3 stocks in Europe.

(*Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:
No, he meant exactly what he said, 3-0'd, being beaten three games to zero games in a best of five set.

The only game you can be jv6'd is Smash 64. And smash 4 only uses 2 stocks in the US, 3 stocks in Europe.

(*Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong)
LOL you're not trolling? Smash 4 players really play with 2 stocks? I honestly thought I was being trolled when someone told me that. Because melee dropped the stocks to 4, then brawl to 3, so I figured it was a joke.

LOL you're not trolling? Smash 4 players really play with 2 stocks? I honestly thought I was being trolled when someone told me that. Because melee dropped the stocks to 4, then brawl to 3, so I figured it was a joke.
looks like you don't know anything about smash 4. That other guy is right.

Last edited:
looks like you don't know anything about smash 4. That other guy is right.
Never cared to. I don't have a WiiU or 3ds. I played brawl for a few months when it came out then it got boring. The competitive scene was also very dull compared to the insane melee players. I imagine smash4 is as dull as brawl was.

Never cared to. I don't have a WiiU or 3ds. I played brawl for a few months when it came out then it got boring. The competitive scene was also very dull compared to the insane melee players. I imagine smash4 is as dull as brawl was.
As a player of both melee and smash4, I actually like smash4 better. I know melee is far more technical and fast paced, but smash4 requires a lot more reading opponents choices and baiting and punishing, at least for me, anyways. I agree brawl felt a little dull, but I feel like Sakurai went in a good direction with this one: lots of characters with lots of potential where a great many of them are competitively viable. I can't quite say the same thing for melee.

But hey that's my opinion. The whole thing is a great series, which is why I play all of them.

Last edited:
As a player of both melee and smash4, I actually like smash4 better. I know melee is far more technical and fast paced, but smash4 requires a lot more reading opponents choices and baiting and punishing, at least for me, anyways. I agree brawl felt a little dull, but I feel like Sakurai went in a good direction with this one: lots of characters with lots of potential where a great many of them are competitively viable. I can't quite say the same thing for melee.

But hey that's my opinion. The whole thing is a great series, which is why I play all of them.
Sounds like you'd love smash64. You can play it online over kaillera on a toaster.

Top Bottom