• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Newest Stage List

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
ITT I attempt to be productive. Moving on.

New ruleset, cheers all around. (Linky) Looking at the stage list, I noticed this:
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria (moved from C)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone (moved from C)
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit (moved from C/B)
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett (moved from C/B)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld (moved from C/B)
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Norfair and Luigi's Mansion have been moved to Counter/Baned, which means it's up to individual TOs to place them in the counter or baned list, and Corneria has been moved to Banned. Something tells me that not many people will care about Luigi's Mansion, but I believe it offers some advantages to Lucas. Maybe. <_< I was just looking to get some thoughts on alternate stages to pick in the absence of these three. Also other stage movements that you feel will affect Lucas, since I guarantee I missed something.

EDIT: Added link.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Awww.. why can't Yoshi's island just be moved to Starter/Counter already. It's terrible to have to play on. =(

heytallman

CTALL
Meteor Master - Agreed, Yoshi's SUCKS. I hate that stage. I always strike/ban it.

I expected that Corneria would be banned, but it makes me sad. Really, the only reason it's banned is because of that huge wall that the fin makes. The SBR should have done something about wall infinites rather than moving stages with walls to banned. In Houston, we have a wall infinite restriction, but our TO moved it to banned anyway. Sad day.

Also, Luigi's Mansion now being C/B doesn't bother me too much, I never really counterpicked it much. But I was starting to see it used as a good Lucas stage. So, while I don't have to worry about characters like Meta Knight taking me there, I don't get to CP it against others. So I guess also sad day.

Norfair is still legal in Houston, simply because our TO + Hylian thought it should be legal. So I'm going to take a big **** on people there, just because some of my other counterpicks are gone.

At least I still get Pokemon Stadium 2 as my Lucas CP :D

S.D

Smash Master
If there's only 4 starters you can always just strike Yoshi's, then the rest should be fine. (Stop whining Meteor XD)

Brinstar is a splendid Lucas stage pick that instead :)

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I know Brinstar is awesome for Lucas, but I have an irrational hatred for it and prefer Norfair in pretty much all situations. Come to think of it, the only Melee stage I would actually bother counterpicking as anyone is Jungle Japes. <_<

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
stages with walls are always banned cuz of king D. here in florida anyways. or is that list a Word wide kind of thing?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm assuming you mean "world," not "word." <_<

It's part of the new SBR recommended ruleset which I just noticed I forgot to link to in the OP. Fixing that now...

Top Bottom