• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Toon Link (1.0.4)

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Sadly, all of us Toon Link players lost BLC, which imo, is a HUGE blow. So huge that I am still considering dropping him.

I've been playing a lot of For Glory to try to adjust to the new TLink. Basically, here are my findings:

1. I have found to rely more on spamming and running. Before, i could take risky plays such as Dair and be ok since i could cancel the lag. Now i can't Dair to Fair or Zair to Fair, etc. So looks like Dair, Zair, even ArrowBomb being gone really limits my options.

2. Due to the reliance on spamming projectiles, i have found it a lot harder to KO opponents. Which has now led me to change TLink's Hit n Run style to a more passive aggresive type. Where i try to follow up on every single boomerang and bob hit to a fair possible. Before, it wasn't necessary as much since you still had other kiling options. But now, its a must.

Now, something i have noticed in the update that is Unconfirmed:

1. TLink's Fsmash is better. How? His first hit has either less knockback or it sends the opponent more vertically. Before, you had to delay the second hit in order to hit your opponent or else you would whiff it. Now, since the update, i have done fsmash very quickly with no delay and have landed the second hit 100%. So this is good news :)

So overall, i would also like thoughts on how to play him again. Do you guys also feel limited with him now? Do you guys think he is fine? Will you drop him? :)

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
It was a very big blow, but he is still usable... I've learned that Jump Cancel Bomb Throw is actually good, and a kind of good replacement for Fair Cancelled Bomb Throw, you can Jump Cancel Bomb Throw, catch with Fair and land with Bomb Throw. Also instant throw by r-grabbing and inputting throw is good, specially on Platforms where you can leave bombs for later use. The way to use him seems to be running and projectile spamming, then follow up when you get a hit. No guaranteed Zair follow ups is very sad, specially losing that BnB of Zair > Bomb > Fair :c

D

Deleted member

BLC being gone definitely hurt TL a lot, and has even made me consider picking up a secondary. I don't see how it being gone makes it harder for us to kill now, though. It just hurts our combo ability slightly, makes zairing with a bomb less useful, and hurts our camping ability. While BLC being gone has severely hurt TL, it certainly hasn't hurt him in every way like that.

1. TLink's Fsmash is better. How? His first hit has either less knockback or it sends the opponent more vertically. Before, you had to delay the second hit in order to hit your opponent or else you would whiff it. Now, since the update, i have done fsmash very quickly with no delay and have landed the second hit 100%. So this is good news :)
This has been deconfirmed. The one and only thing about TL that changed in the update was BLC being removed.
:170:

Last edited by a moderator:

deech

Smash Cadet
With blc gone, I've been practicing with double bomb throws and my ledge game insta throw techniques.

Top Bottom