• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new tier list discussion

Uffe

Smash Hero
Moo. Well, at least we now know what crazy German Smashers look like. :laugh:

Uffe

Smash Hero
If they can get more Snake's to play in tournaments, I could see that happening. In the mean time, I'm not so sure. I think DSF won first at TourneyPlay recently. Second would be FICTION, I believe, which is pretty hilarious seeing a Wario up that high. But yeah, if more Snake's start coming around and winning tournaments, I can see MK going down atleast one.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I say snake takes over next one for sure. everyone will adapt to mk's so-called "brokenness" and start realizing he is nowhere near snake. snake has nearly everything that makes a character well rounded, while mk is only great at close range, but even then he can't outrange most characters.

captain falcon for SSSSS tier! .... now onto ness.

if we could get more good ness mains to go to tourneys, he would be god tier.... with captain falcon.

i feel like i've gotten a lot better over the past... month? i can't remember how long, but i'm better than before. I got 17th in a tourney, being dragged down by a couple of bad mistakes... and tripping, but next tourney, i'm going to do well. if i don't, im going to beat everyone in the low tier tourney they're having there.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
@Uffe; Tyrant (MK) won TourneyPlay. Fiction was 2nd and M2K 3rd.

No way should MK even come close to dropping. He is unquestionably the best character (although he is disadvantaged to Snake, regardless of what random people on the MK/Snake boards say). Just because MK is disadvantaged to Snake doesn't mean Snake is better. MK is easier to play and has much better matchups across the rest of the cast. Playing Snake good is actually hard. Sure anyone can pick up Snake and spam tilts and Grenades but that's only enough to get them through pools matches; they aren't going to win any money because Snake is one of the hardest characters in the game to play at his fullest.

Don't let Ally's Snake fool you; it's not just the character that lets him make his opponents look stupid. Ally is just that good (the dude took character requests from his audience at one tourney and was owning people with Link, Bowser, and Luigi). MK is still better than Snake.

The more important issue is that Ness needs to go up. The SBR discussion described Ness as a 'low tier that can hold is own against high tiers' and that's just dumb - because a character who can hold their own against the high tiers isn't supposed to be in low tier.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Do UK tournament rankings count towards the tier list? I'm gonna be going to a few tournaments in London. (Ones on 27th June) And one in September a really big fighting game genre tourney and they're hosting SSBB too. I'm gonna be playing as Ness there, the tourney this week will be my first hopefully I'll see a few Ness players.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Tourneys are counted regardless of region in Ankoku's character tournament results ranking thread which is what everyone goes by when looking at tourney rankings, so...yes.

Top Bottom