• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new person who just moved into town

JasmineTx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-4346-9894
Hey dudes, new person in town here.
I'm JasmineTx, but you might know me as Jasmineteax from my deviantART or tumblr. (My name tag in Brawl is JasTx, and YES, I'm an artist! You see my avatar? That's something from ages ago. I'll be updating it soon, so if it's not there anymore I'll tell you what it is. It's a lineart thing of Young Link on a grey background.)
By the way, my name is NOT a reference to a restaurant in the US (how dare they!). I'm not this Jasmine Koo person, either (I don't have an Instagram). My name is a variation of Greenteax and nothing more than that, just to clear things up. Well... I do like jasmine tea as well. I mean, isn't that the point? :p

Keeping this straight and simple, I've played all the generations (Project M included, though it's a mod) except the currently latest WiiU/3DS version because I don't own a WiiU or 3DS. I've been playing the Smash games since 9 years ago, which means I started with Melee. I only played 64 in the recent years because of the power of Project64. Cool, right? :D
I've always mained Link but I also play Young Link, Toon Link, Zelda/Sheik (though I tend to use Zelda more because she's more fun), Falco, Mewtwo and Roy. Why do I play them, you ask? Well, they're fun characters to experiment with and blowing up people's faces is extremely fun for me as Link. After I blow them up, I dair them and hope they never return. >: )
As for the characters other than Link, I also tend to play relatively slow characters because it allows me time to think. I tend to have really slow reflexes (like, it takes me 1/4+ of a second to react to most things :p) so I can't really play fast characters very well, but I cope when I do such as the somewhat rare moments I play Roy.

I currently only play using Dolphin and Netplay, I have a GC controller but I don't have an adaptor so I use a keyboard and I've never attended a tournament even though I plan to in the future. If you bothered to look at my profile, you'll know that I'm an Australian Smasher. I'm not a professional by the way. I'm more of a novice than anything else. >_>

(oh, and have I ever told you that I've almost beaten my amazing Smash friends using a keyboard? lol)
...shhh don't tell them I said that

EDIT: WOAH YOU CAN CHANGE TEXT COLOUR? *changes to green immediately*

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Welcome to Smashboards!
pcvaM6x.png

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Thanks! To think you replied like a few minutes afterward... :O
You're welcome! There are sticky threads in the Welcome and greet center that will help you get used to the site. :)

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

JasmineTx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-4346-9894
Welcome! I just joined recently too, I hope you enjoy your time here
Thanks! Hope you enjoy your time here, too!

Cyn Cyn (your post is a bit flashy so I'm not gonna quote it, soz :/) Thanks! Will visit those and check those out. Also, thanks for clarifying what certain parts of the forums were for, such as the pool. Was wondering what those were! >: P

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks! Hope you enjoy your time here, too!

Cyn Cyn (your post is a bit flashy so I'm not gonna quote it, soz :/) Thanks! Will visit those and check those out. Also, thanks for clarifying what certain parts of the forums were for, such as the pool. Was wondering what those were! >: P
Also, if you commission art work or have art for sale you should check out Smash Connect.

JasmineTx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-4346-9894
Rage NF Rage NF : Thanks! :D
(but oh god, that's one hell of a seizure-inducing face... well basically, anything incredibly flashy like that induces seizures)
sorry I'm nitpicky, it's just that I have a friend who has epilepsy :/
oops this just got dark, soz

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Awfully late, but welcome to the boards!

Last edited:
Top Bottom