• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new lubbock thread!

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
=( Super lame. I hate lag in brawl on those t.v.'s its terrible. When we had our tournament i think it costed some of my buddies games. Oh well though part of it i suppose. You ready for FS8??!!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Yep, can't wait to go get slaughtered..haha I'll try and make at least one event, if not singles then I team up with an RGV guy who my friend says is pretty legit.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I know that him Pax, my friend and another guy visited here and I played Pax for a few games and that's it but idk his name I think it's Mani??

Hey have you hacked your wii before? I'm thinking of using bannerbomb..

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Alex, every thread i go to i see you posting!!!:laugh:

Happy new year to you as well.

Man seems like smash is dying here... So sad:( It is up to you Alex

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Copy pasted from my SRK post:

There's a new FREE version of Quake that's completely browser based and online. It's called Quake Live. Quake it one of the most competitive FPS games on PC of all time and now they pretty much made a new version online and will (from what I hear) be having online money tournies, etc.

You can grab it at http://www.quakelive.com/#home

Played it, it's pretty much like exactly like Quake 3 Team Arena except you have new maps and a matchmaking system.

Give it a try, even though I know you guys hate PC games, lol.

David I think you played this at one of those big *** LANs I used to throw at my house, but I'm not sure.

It takes about 15 seconds to download as it's 3.8 MB, lol, basically a free game. I think it downloads the rest while you are playing the game.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Nono, that hating PC games was for the Shoryuken crowd. I know you're down for PC games, you let me play Portal man =D won't forget it either.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
We still play Melee with our small group. No one plays Brawl. People end up falling a sleep when we play Brawl. It's so slow.

IF ANYONE IS UP FOR MELEE/SF4/TEKKEN 6 no Ryan, you're not allowed, you'd just beat us all and make us cry, we should all get together and play sometime. Our friend owns a card game/tabletop game store and we always are out there with our systems playing video games to pass the time if anyone is down.

The name of the store is jasco games on 34th. it's where the old video store next to the gym is at.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Why yes I am, Serg bought it and I have played it with him a couple times. =)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Fun smash fest @ sneed with Kyle and people, played brawl and 64... *sigh* back to class tomorrow tho

Whoever still checks this thread and is currently at Tech, there will be a game night friday night in bledsoe and sneed, look for a smash set-up I'll be going for sure...

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
So how is Lubbock treating everyone? I'm guessing the Smash scene is still the same? Hopefully not any worse. I am going to Phase 5 like UTD Zac posted ^^^ 2 posts. I think quite a few melee players are going. The Phase tournaments are always really fun regardless.

Anyways i hope all you guys are doing really well and all is good.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Yeah it's pretty much the same, brawlfests here and there..how's San Angelo Tyson?

So this friday another chance to play smash at the REC, they're hosting a bunch of fun events like slam dunk, hypnotist act, I forget the rest but I think there is also a video game room. Anyone (@ Tech) wanting to go, I'll prolly go to it just for the video games and food.

2D is Forever

Smash Rookie
Summer - Colleyville Fall/Spring - Texas Tech
Yeah it's pretty much the same, brawlfests here and there..how's San Angelo Tyson?

So this friday another chance to play smash at the REC, they're hosting a bunch of fun events like slam dunk, hypnotist act, I forget the rest but I think there is also a video game room. Anyone (@ Tech) wanting to go, I'll prolly go to it just for the video games and food.
The Rec All Nighter and the hypnosis show, which is the main attraction. I also got to go scubba diving my first year during this event, don't know if they will have it this year though. Sometimes someone brings an Atari,original Nintendo or even DDR. God I miss college....

Anyone getting Tatsunoko vs Capcom? My cousins who I'm living with own a Wii and I'm tempted to buy.

Oops I used my SRK name instead of Yum_Cha, oh well.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Scubba? I don't think there was anything like that my first two years but that would've been awesome to do! :estatic:

YES!!! No class today! Snow day again!! :bee:

And the all nighter is cancelled, I thought so..

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Got Tatsunoko vs Capcom, haven't been able to play it very much yet though, actually just a few minutes. =[

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I miss my Lubbock Brethren.:(

Alex, San Angelo has been great. I am really loving it once again. The smash is amazing, getting to play with Dojo anytime i want ( best player in texas) But hes a best friend, so even without the smash everything is wonderful.

How is everyone doing?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Went to the job fair today hoping to try and get an internship for this summer.

Really, must be great practice, have you beat him yet?

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Internship where???

Oh iv'e always been able to beat him here and there, but when he goes all out it gets pretty difficult and mentally draining. One down thrown can mean my stock cause i get off stage.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Quick Info
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263756

When?
February 20th, 2010

Where?
Phase 2 Clubhouse at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
Click here for a campus map.​

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Example Achievements
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).

Oh... and there's a good chance there will be Free Pizza!

:smash:

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Lubbock not alive.....:(:(:(

Alex, maybe you should try to run another tournament, i know my buddies that i brought last time will come, and probably bring friends themselves. I can think of at a minimum of 5 other people that would be interested. I bet you could even get it for $1 this time.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Nice, I tried it out & it's pretty neat, now all I need are announcements and a date! I talked to Kyle and he's willing to help me out. We'll have to have prizes or something to give away for extra incentive!

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Yeah prizes will definitely help your outcome. Add that in with last time was a success ( and we lost about 10 people due to not having enough set ups.) So if you can eliminate that you should be good to go. I wont be able to let Ness loose on this one but im sure you wouldn't mind picking up my slack;)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
:( Yeah I wanna post flyers all over campus and I definitely want to have more set-ups this time too. I can already see people asking where's 'Felix' and the 'Ness guy'? Lol I gotta practice mu's...

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Doooooooooooo it!!!:):):):):)

You did a great job last time, and this time i bet you can even do better;)

Yeah, i wish i could be there, but the chances of me being there a random weekend would be slim. I guess you never know;)

I'l make sure i get my buddies there to go again once you get a date, i predict a Peach in the top 3:)

Top Bottom