• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Ganondorf Video Archive: New vids from Spider Sense!

n0ne

Smash Ace
Is my Ganon legit? U said my Mario was. (Ive uploaded Falcon vids but still gotta up with my other characters.

edit G&W upd too. just need Fox and Y.Link matches to keep spending time with my Ganon.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Is my Ganon legit?
Yeah bud, you're legit. I just watched all those vids. You just have a few kinks to work out in your decision making (mainly concerning how you deal with approaches). Try to get those wavedashes a little bit longer; the ability to do so will help you in the long run. Overall you have great combos (Your opponents need to learn some combo DI and choose smart tech options) and good edgeguarding. Pretty flashy too so I really enjoyed the videos. Pantera is pretty fitting for Ganon lol.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Yeah ok thx. The wavedashing,landing part i got down... and i have no problem on that.. its just i was getting some wierd video response time on my tv card.. like i did an action on the controller and like half a second later it actually happened on the moniter , i couldnt even moonwalk properly, lol. Anyone know what could be the problem?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
lol NONE plays like me. :p So obviously I'm gonna say he's the ****. I wanna see other matchups though.

(Posted on the second vid...lol tried posting it there but I kept getting an error message, I like posting on the actual vids cause the player can actually see what I mean while re watching their matches again)

I know this is going to sound hypocritical of me to say it, but you move around a little too much with the wave dash (in between inputs Ganon can't really do anything while wave dashing making you completely vulnerable) his normal run is fine if you're trying to get around. Make sure to use wave dashing for spacing/mind games. Edge guarding was very good, along with strong mix ups and you have a pretty strong ledge game. I especially like :27 - :33. gave me a boner of gargantuan proportions. But be careful with the drop off edge uair. Sometimes a simple uair on the ledge gets the job done and is primarily safer in those situations. All and all very nice Ganon. =)

n0ne

Smash Ace
I WD like u said and altho it is true i cannot do anything in between inputs, i just CC to jab or grab. No pain no gain, especially with Ganon.
But yeah u are right sometimes it does not work , i just mix it up once in awhile. I think that logic works against Falcon.

EDIT: yeah, Ill up some more vids. especially since i found the answer to the no sound conflict (Dorf N64 sounds. Yay.)

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I WD like u said and altho it is true i cannot do anything in between inputs, i just CC to jab or grab. No pain no gain, especially with Ganon.
But yeah u are right sometimes it does not work , i just mix it up once in awhile. I think that logic works against Falcon.

EDIT: yeah, Ill up some more vids. especially since i found the answer to the no sound conflict (Dorf N64 sounds. Yay.)
lol Don't take it the wrong way, I just meant you should wave dash more in order to compliment the spacing and mind games.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
No pain no gain, especially with Ganon.
Yikes. This is far from the truth. Ganon is usually in deep **** as soon as he's hit, especially against a character like Falcon. CC jab and CC grab are great but they can't always save you (you also don't want to get predictable with them). Winning exchanges might not be everything, but in some matchups it is VERY important, especially when you're playing a top player.

n0ne

Smash Ace
yup ure right... but wht i meant was... for example in those vids i practicly abuse a techchase... so to get into it i da to sacrifice a bit of damage... but it was the 1st stock so i didnt really mind... but yeah i know what u mean.. i gotta back up some time in the fight and play distantly.

Top Bottom