• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Falco lasers?

ShadowSmasher

Smash Rookie
So. Young Link's arrows autocancel in certain frames (usually out of a shorthop instant arrow but I think a bit later works as well). How much do you guys think this will buff him? To me it looks insane and that it will be a staple in his neutral. Your guys's thoughts?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So. Young Link's arrows autocancel in certain frames (usually out of a shorthop instant arrow but I think a bit later works as well). How much do you guys think this will buff him? To me it looks insane and that it will be a staple in his neutral. Your guys's thoughts?
He can't fire two in one short-hop so no, they're not Falco blasters.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Gonna have to playtest this, but it could be an important part of his game. They aren't the same as Falco's blasters but that's ok. The trajectory could make it better in some ways than the falco lasers. We'll see.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's nice YL can do that with arrows but he doesn't need to because there are better ways to camp. You shoot an arrow and get <5% chip damage. You hit with a bomb or boomerang, combo into Fair and get maybe 15% (IDK his exact damage). Link has always been great at projectile zoning because he has 3 that all work at the same time. I'm not saying don't shoot arrows but if that's all you're throwing out you're missing a ton of frame trapping/combos.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
YL can do shorthop arrow and can still b reverse. Boomerang almost is done by the time he lands as well, but arrows are fully done.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Arrows don't autocancel, they just have barely any recovery or landing lag. They're not as good as laser because they start with a kinda high angle if uncharged and you cannot FF in the middle of the move, so it's rough.

Top Bottom