• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness (NBR)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Why am I not in yet then? (just joking I read the rest of the stuff)

Oh and I've given plenty to the Ness boards...if that is something that needs to be an important thing to get in...
Yesheh. Why isn't _clinton in? Must be h4x or shenaniganz.

Luigi player

Smash Master
NBR? Well I'd like to be in it. :)

You should help european Ness' too... I wouldn't mind doing some Ness dittos although it would probably lag :/

Neon Ness

Alright, considering what Clinton has done for the Ness community he's in.
Cheeaaahhh boyyy.

@ Luigi Player: I think from now on, new members have to pass a test to be in. Or you can take mah challenge and take on the EB360/Chrono team by yourself and win 2 matches out of 3.

That's right. Ness mains can have high horses, too.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Cheeaaahhh boyyy.

@ Luigi Player: I think from now on, new members have to pass a test to be in. Or you can take mah challenge and take on the EB360/Chrono team by yourself and win 2 matches out of 3.

That's right. Ness mains can have high horses, too.
Um, okay, I think I'd rather do the test than the team match lol.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Actually, there are three ways to enter. I just forgot to put this down...

1. You have to play against two members OR EB360/Chrono and win 2/3 battles.
  2. You must have contributed to this board for at least one week
  3. You must receive a 70% or higher on the Ness qualification quiz...(pending).

Don't worry, I'm just about finished with it. Anyone who wants to will receive the quiz and read: must PM me within 10 min. of receiving it. If you pass the 10 minute mark, then you're automatically disqualified. But of course, if you know Ness well enough, this is actually the easiest path you can take.

EDIT: Changes to the original quiz
  • Changed quiz time from 5 min to 10 min

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
I would attempt to join, but my brawl connection is being really screwy on me today. ): I failed to recover 6 times in a row because of lag.

Maybe it was just my friend's connection, I hope.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I would attempt to join, but my brawl connection is being really screwy on me today. ): I failed to recover 6 times in a row because of lag.

Maybe it was just my friend's connection, I hope.
Wifi isn't Ness' friend, I learned that myself also.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
What happened to you? Whenever I used PK Thunder, it wouldn't give me enough time to loop it around Ness, and instead would hit him downward, to death. D: Also one time I was recovering low on the stage, and it lagged, making me miss my PK Thunder.

I was doing Ness dittos with a friend, so it didn't make me look good, at all. ):

Neon Ness

Actually, there are three ways to enter. I just forgot to put this down...

1. You have to play against two members OR EB360/Chrono and win 2/3 battles.
  2. You must have contributed to this board for at least one week
  3. You must receive a 70% or higher on the Ness qualification quiz...(pending).
I still encourage people to do the first method. :p And le's make it 80%. Get a B-, at least.

Also, to clarify, don't join just to say you're in a Backroom... It's a place to discuss stuff intelligently for the most part, so be prepared to do just that: discuss. Not to say that we don't have fun in there on occasion, but it's not some Ness playground...

Meheheheheh.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I still encourage people to do the first method. :p And le's make it 80%. Get a B-, at least.

Also, to clarify, don't join just to say you're in a Backroom... It's a place to discuss stuff intelligently for the most part, so be prepared to do just that: discuss. Not to say that we don't have fun in there on occasion, but it's not some Ness playground...

Meheheheheh.
Fine, a solid C (73-77%) is the lowest you can get. I will PM the results (and the calculations) to show that no cheating was done. On top of that, you will be put to test your knowledge upon entering. With that said, if you don't post something contributing, you get the boot.

Neon Ness

I gotta go to bed in like half an hour. Almost Christmas, y'know, gotta wake up early for presents spending the day with ma famille. Maybe Gaussis, will, though, his Ness is crazeh.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, I still think it's not good that every characterboard is now making a characterspecific backroom, because then everyone who isn't in it will be left behind in Ness knowledge or whatever you discuss there.
Unless of course you make your research public, which means you could just discuss everything in a normal thread anyway.

I wouldn't mind trying all of those requirements, although I don't really know what I could possibly contribute...

Neon Ness

Well, I still think it's not good that every characterboard is now making a characterspecific backroom, because then everyone who isn't in it will be left behind in Ness knowledge or whatever you discuss there.
Unless of course you make your research public, which means you could just discuss everything in a normal thread anyway.

I wouldn't mind trying all of those requirements, although I don't really know what I could possibly contribute...
No, no, we're not trying to leave anyone behind. It's just easier to discuss stuff without people asking questions between. Not that that's wrong, it's just things flow a lot easier when we can talk about stuff and don't have to try and explain acronyms, terminology, reasoning, etc. Just like the Smash Back Room could make their discussions public, but have reasons for not doing so. Also, to an extent it blocks other character boards from our devices. We'll definitely let other Nesses know if we find something groundbreaking.

Luigi player

Smash Master
No, no, we're not trying to leave anyone behind. It's just easier to discuss stuff without people asking questions between. Not that that's wrong, it's just things flow a lot easier when we can talk about stuff and don't have to try and explain acronyms, terminology, reasoning, etc. Just like the Smash Back Room could make their discussions public, but have reasons for not doing so. Also, to an extent it blocks other character boards from our devices. We'll definitely let other Nesses know if we find something groundbreaking.
Well if that's the case it's alright I guess, and understandable.

Of course every Ness wants to be in it though. ^^

I'll try to get in, every piece of information is useful and I want to help Ness to improve =)

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Just for any clarification, you only need to do 1 of the 3 tests above. I'll play anyone, although my Wifi Ness hasn't been feeling well.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Ok, Luigi Player wins. Seriously though, there is no ledge on the flat area?

Luigi player

Smash Master
GGs ^^ I hate FDs edge with Ness XD this happened to me once and I thought it will never happen again now that I know how to avoid it but oh well lol.

Do you mean the part that always comes first with the water at the sides? There's no ledge =P

_clinton

Smash Master
Ok, let's play.
Ok...I'll be on ASAP ^_^

BTW 3 stock, no items, fair/counter stages, 8:00 timer...are these ok with you?

GGs...I'm thinking the lag might be my fault (I'm wireless now) although I have had a few matches were I was lag free pretty much

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
GGs...I'm thinking the lag might be my fault (I'm wireless now) although I have had a few matches were I was lag free pretty much
GG, and naw, I've been wireless as well ever since I've come home. It's probably not you.

Top Bottom