• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Underdeveloped Characters

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
Character growth really depends upon the player. For that matter I believe every characters beyond Fox and Falco are underdeveloped.
Until I see consistent multishine shield breaks I'm not willing to accept that even those 2 are fleshed out 100%

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
I still respect people I am not impressed by there's a big difference between not finding someone's gameplay impressive and disrespecting them but seriously melee is the black ops 2 of ssb it means that there are lots of trolls and lots of people who take the game way to seriously
Overall I do like a good trolling video no matter who's doing it or what game their playing
Also I am just now realizing the changes from melee to brawl after a long absence from melee hence why falco has more potential than I initially thought marth and mr game and watch's animation differences and pikachu being slower but more powerful
My brother used to be a John against me in brawl thank goodness brawl is accommodating to everyone but he still thinks I am a bad gamer despite my brawl tournament victory at college last year I was 17 at the time and I am about to turn 19
Anyways that's how I knew I was one of the brawl pros
As a former mario main in n64 i lost an interest in finding a main particularly in ice climbers and marth
Also I play a really good mario link ness captain falcon kirby donkey kong pichu ganondorf roy zelda young link and Dr mario
Another problem I see is that everyone else hates pichu and I seem to be the only one who doesn't mind his recoil damage
Lastly I first failed to notice any flaws in most characters until someone brought them up such as marth and mr game and watch
Lastly jigglypuff may have the worst shield in the game as if it breaks jigglypuff instantly suffers a ko

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I still respect people I am not impressed by there's a big difference between not finding someone's gameplay impressive and disrespecting them but seriously melee is the black ops 2 of ssb it means that there are lots of trolls and lots of people who take the game way to seriously
Overall I do like a good trolling video no matter who's doing it or what game their playing
Also I am just now realizing the changes from melee to brawl after a long absence from melee hence why falco has more potential than I initially thought marth and mr game and watch's animation differences and pikachu being slower but more powerful
My brother used to be a John against me in brawl thank goodness brawl is accommodating to everyone but he still thinks I am a bad gamer despite my brawl tournament victory at college last year I was 17 at the time and I am about to turn 19
Anyways that's how I knew I was one of the brawl pros
As a former mario main in n64 i lost an interest in finding a main particularly in ice climbers and marth
Also I play a really good mario link ness captain falcon kirby donkey kong pichu ganondorf roy zelda young link and Dr mario
Another problem I see is that everyone else hates pichu and I seem to be the only one who doesn't mind his recoil damage
Lastly I first failed to notice any flaws in most characters until someone brought them up such as marth and mr game and watch
Lastly jigglypuff may have the worst shield in the game as if it breaks jigglypuff instantly suffers a ko
You're my favorite person on smashboards. Please post more

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
Since I got a wii u I haven't really wanted to play my Wii this is because my Wii which I got in 2008 has no internal cooling system another reason was for a while I used my Xbox 360
If they add melee to the Wii u i could play it without the constant overheating problems
With all due respect to the melee community I might have to take another absence from the game until I can get melee on the Wii u and my old save data
As a last minute fact look up major video game releases on October 6, 2004 which was also the exact day of my 8th birthday it was released by Activision on GameCube Xbox and ps2
I have only played the GameCube version of it

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
People know about that, it's just hard to perform. That's not lack of development in the character it's just difficulty in mastering the character itself. Underdevelopment means when a characters meta isn't fully discovered in the game yet. There were things we could do with Yoshi that we didn't realize we could do 5 years ago. That's called development. When you can discover new techniques in a character to make its meta better.
No, what you're getting after is called theorycrafting, not the point of the post. Underdeveloped means that there are things, known or not, that high level play does not usually incorporate. For example, people know that peach can double jump land, but it isn't used commonly at the highest level. Thus, something is there to develop, hence underdevelopment. Theorycrafting is good too, but it would be pretty silly to say "what characters have the most things that no one knows about" considering people don't know them.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
No, what you're getting after is called theorycrafting, not the point of the post. Underdeveloped means that there are things, known or not, that high level play does not usually incorporate. For example, people know that peach can double jump land, but it isn't used commonly at the highest level. Thus, something is there to develop, hence underdevelopment. Theorycrafting is good too, but it would be pretty silly to say "what characters have the most things that no one knows about" considering people don't know them.
Also, The thing about Techniques is that they also need to be really reliable & character pacific (like multi-shining or the Ken Combo) for the character to be viable.

pagedMov

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pagedMov
Also, The thing about Techniques is that they also need to be really reliable & character pacific (like multi-shining or the Ken Combo) for the character to be viable.
Not entirely true. Sheik has no character specific tech, but she's top tier. Meanwhile Yoshi has double jump counter and parry but he's still in B tier

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Not entirely true. Sheik has no character specific tech, but she's top tier. Meanwhile Yoshi has double jump counter and parry but he's still in B tier
I guess you do have a point...
but I guess that means I'm like most of the people that Ignore Shiek entirely

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
Oh my this thread is filled with some trolls lmao. Honestly I'd say Yoshi. I also really respect anybody that tries to push any character (especially low-tiers/underdeveloped characters) except Pichu. Pichu is a straight up troll character. I even respect Kirby pushers LOL.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Saying Sheik doesn't have character specific tech is a trap

Needle-cancel? Needle-turnarounds? AC nair/fair -> tilt? Her entire tech-chasing tree?
Meta developments don't need to be attached to funny techniques with cool names.
Ken combo is also one of the least relevant things that make Marth a good character IMO, no disrespect to Ken.

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
The most underdeveloped character of top tiers is probably Jiggs, just from sheer lack of player representation. Most underdeveloped overall is probably still Yoshi.

Top Bottom