• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Slept On Character In Smash History

D

Deleted member

Okay, so maybe this title is kinda clickbaity, but It's somewhat true. Pac-Man is a god in Ultimate, with some of the best projectile game, spacing and edgeguarding, I'm shocked more tier lists don't have him ranked in the high tier.

1. He has one of the the most versatile projectiles in the whole game. His neutral B has tons of uses for different kinds of combos, and they can even be caught mid-air and used a 2nd time!

2. His down-air is one of the greatest edge guarding tools ever. Not only does it come out fast, but it sends at a disgusting angle, completely negating any poor-average recovery. And with Pac's great recovery distance, there's little risk in edge-guarding.

3. His recovery is arguably among the best in the game, Pac-Jump is pretty exploitable, but power pellet is fast, travels far, and has super armour. That one move can practically recover from the depths of hell. It's like Meta Knight's Side-B on roids.

4. Forward Air. Just Forward Air.

5. His crawl animation makes him one of the few characters who can taunt online.

6. Good tournament results

Now don't get me wrong, Pac has weaknesses. He still has relatively average mobility, a somewhat slow grab, his up-b is exploitable and his Neutral and Down-B can be used against him.

However, with all the strengths I mentioned, plus his fast normals, Pac Man is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
I agree that Pac is slept on.

But Wii Fit Trainer is the most slept on.

USA

Smash Rookie
I agree 100 percent. Pac man is such a unique character who is very technical and had great projectiles. More people now sre starting to use him.

D

Deleted member

I agree 100 percent. Pac man is such a unique character who is very technical and had great projectiles. More people now sre starting to use him.
He's getting more popular, now that ZeRo called him high tier.

I agree that Pac is slept on.

But Wii Fit Trainer is the most slept on.
I pity the poor soul that has to go against a japanese Wii Fit player online.

USA

Smash Rookie
I think Zero really understands the game. His sonic guide has helped me get better and level up my skills like crazy. He seems like a cool dude as well.

D

Deleted member

I think Zero really understands the game. His sonic guide has helped me get better and level up my skills like crazy. He seems like a cool dude as well.
No, he called Mario Mid-Tier so I hate him Boooooooooo ZeRo

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Man is a character I picked up because I thought, "Who would play Pac-Man?" That is one of his strengths though. No one has dealt with his moveset too often so you can do insane projectile plays. His hydrant is great because you can hit someone with it then throw your key to launch it. The key hits the player and the hydrant KOs them. He is definitely slept on while being one of the best characters in the game.

D

Deleted member

Another thing, his Final Smash is busted. I almost always get a kill, no matter what % the opponent is at.

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
Another thing, his Final Smash is busted. I almost always get a kill, no matter what % the opponent is at.
Srsly. I play casual SSBU, so I was hanging out with my friends, and I was at his house, so his siblings played as well, so there were a full 8 players. I pulled out Pac-Man because basically all of his specials penetrate. I got the Smash ball on Palutena's temple, which has a HUGE blast zone, and took out everyone with one swipe. It is a crazy FS.

D

Deleted member

Srsly. I play casual SSBU, so I was hanging out with my friends, and I was at his house, so his siblings played as well, so there were a full 8 players. I pulled out Pac-Man because basically all of his specials penetrate. I got the Smash ball on Palutena's temple, which has a HUGE blast zone, and took out everyone with one swipe. It is a crazy FS.
I hope they dont nerf it

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
EDIT: wrong thread my b

Last edited:

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
I hope they dont nerf it
They shouldn't. If they do that, then I don't get why. It's a high tier FS, which makes him cool. It's also one of his signature moves from his game, and it is already ok because once you eat them once, they have long term immunity.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Been a big advocate for the Wakkameister since he came hockey pucking along in Smash 4. He's easily one of the most fun and interesting characters to date. The variety of options his various projectiles offer, his insane recovery options (If somewhat predictable in nature but can be mixed up to get back from most ANY near death experience) and his now buffed mobility and frame data make him just as fun zoner/trickster as he does an outright boxer (going ham with his nair/fair/dair on people can be hilarious as they often aren't expecting it out of him nor the amount of shield damage you do). He's just FUN and most important, goofy. No one likes losing to the goofy character so it makes wins feel more delicious :3

Top Bottom