• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The? Mind Game? Thread?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So I'm guessing that Sonic has the most mind games of all time, not just in Brawl, but in fighting games in general. So say we compile a list of usable (or not so usable) mind games while playing as Sonic.

Here's a few of my favorites:

- walking.
- random spring jumping.
- multi-dair spring jumping.
- spin dash cancelling.
- wrong way spin dashing.
- dsmash charging.
- uthrow to no attack.
- taunting.

Add as you wish.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
1. spin dash, jump and execute homing attack BEFORE you hit them..

2. and also the spin dash, pass once, turn around and punsh with combo.

3. when people are returning to the ground, act like ur going to juggle them with Uair, but instead go to the side of them in the air and hit them with Bair when they to their Dair.. this works well on chars that beat sonics uari with their dair.

Tenki

Smash Hero
-Run > side-B cancel > Roll

Something a little useless that I thought of putting in the non-obvious move thread, but decided was too useless for anything except mindgames:
RGRu-smash(lolwtf?):
-Run > Press Back > immediate U-smash (no sideways momentum at all)

Browny

Smash Hater
when the enemy is trying to get back on the stage, i face backwards and do lots of short hops, preparing for a b-air, then just before they get on, turn around a d-air off the stage and spring back up :)

Tenki

Smash Hero
I was just messing around, but give this a try:

Run > Side-B reversal shield cancel > ground attack

it's like an insta-turn/momentum cancel ._.;

Haven't put it to use at all yet, but just an option for now.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Knock the guy off, of they're not too high then do 1 jump and dair them then jump again into a homing attack then spring jump back. not too reliable due to homing attack but I think its cool

Aran

Smash Apprentice
i like to run straight at them into a homing attack just outside of their range every now and then to force them to commit.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i somtimes just start to cry mid-match, and once they start sympathizing with me, i sonic glove their ***** in teh faice! GO!

Top Bottom