• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see my Mii dressed as baby peach

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Made a silly mock-brawl HUD-type thing:

Just... kind of assume the character portrait changes with your Mii. Also, boring logo.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
:glare:Well theres no other Mii logo. I wonder if they'll be dressed in the typical Mii clothes or maybe something different

:phone:

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
I think Nintendo should do what Midway did for their custom characters in Mortal Kombat Armageddon, earn coins from 1P modes, (We already get coins from classic so thats done.) then use them to buy moves, costumes, maybe even taunt phrases or something. I think most of the moves that you can buy should be moves from other characters though and only some be made for Miis, Miis could start with a set moveslist and you can add on other characters moves, like Link's arrows, or Fox's reflect, or maybe even Kirby's inhale. And they should have it so that each name can have a custom character. Then the names and smash coins will be useful. (Finally.)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think Nintendo should do what Midway did for their custom characters in Mortal Kombat Armageddon, earn coins from 1P modes, (We already get coins from classic so thats done.) then use them to buy moves, costumes, maybe even taunt phrases or something. I think most of the moves that you can buy should be moves from other characters though and only some be made for Miis, Miis could start with a set moveslist and you can add on other characters moves, like Link's arrows, or Fox's reflect, or maybe even Kirby's inhale. And they should have it so that each name can have a custom character. Then the names and smash coins will be useful. (Finally.)
Pretty much this. Hopefully the end result is close to this, if there's a Mii character.

D

Deleted member

With the Miis having Nintendo based costumes in Nintendoland, maybe if the end up in Smash, they can also get custom costumes based off of other characters?

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Would the costume be similar to the Olympic games/Tennis Open or Nintendo Land?(Nintendo Land are yarn like costume)or the Street pass hat?but in costumes,I can't wait to see what Kirby looks like..........No.:c nvm...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd personally like see the Miis get some costumes based on other Nintendo characters a la Mario Tennis Open and the Olympics. Maybe even a "Smasher costume" with more realistic fighter look?

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'm on the fence for this. I don't know why, it might be good or bad, but I do like the idea of being customizable.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really don't like the idea of a playable Mii, but I do acknowledge their importance to Nintendo nowadays and their more than decent chance. I just find very little appeal in the Miis, and I probably wouldn't play as one. The only thing that would generate some interest for me is a partially customizable moveset, which is the only character I think it would work for.

I also wouldn't mind it if their alt costumes were the plumber outfits, tunics, Samus's armor, etc. that they have worn in previous games, sort of like what Opossum brought up, though I'm not betting on it.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
They better not have the voices that they had in MK7, because those were just terrible. They sound like Yoshis on drugs!

jigglover

Smash Lord
As opinionated as you and your friends might be, that isn't a large enough sample size to negate the fact that Mii-oriented games sell very well and keep showing up, indicating large popularity with the Wii's main demographic (the ultra casual gamer).

I just used me and my friends (and their friends) as an example that casual gamers also don't like Miis. There are a lot more people who do not like them. Mii-oriented games keep showing up, because there are so many good games that include them that they are bought. Though it is a fairly large factor in smash, the characters in other games like wii party do not matter at all. People will buy the mii-oriented games for the game, not for the mii. of course, nintendo is taking this the wrong way and thinks that the majority of people like miis.

Also, I very much doubt Miis are more popular with the hardcore than the casual, as pretty much the vast majority of "hardcore" gamers think either indifferently or unfavorably about the Miis, and for the most part Mii games aren't generally directed at the more hardcore audience. If you have something that proves otherwise though, I'd love to see it.

Just personal experience. I also have a few friends who are very much hard-core gamers, and they actually like miis.

Personally I could care less if Miis are playable, but there's very little argument against Miis being deserving. They are the third best selling Nintendo series (which is very impressive considering the series is six years old), have played an important part in the current and future generations, and do have both potential and an audience.

What!? Miis have their own series? You mean games with Miis in them is a series!? So Mario kart Wii is a Mii series game? This is news to me! For the record, Wii sports and wii sports resort is one series, wii fit and wii fit plus is another. There isn't one group of games called the mii series. They have potential (I take it you mean move-set) because Nintendo has squashed them into so many games they can use elements from that. The problem is, is that their move-set potential, while great, is bland. I mean, a side+A could be hitting them with a tennis racket since they were in mario tennis open (who might already have that?) and a side+B could be a kart due to Mario kart wii. That's all great. Is it exciting? No. Is it new? No. Will it be popular? Absolutely not. By your facts, adding up every single game with Miis in them only just has more sales than LoZ? Well, I can tell you for a fact than if you add up the amount of sales each game in the series has, and then divide the total by the amount of games the series has, LoZ will have a higher average. Therefore making it's series more popular.

And yeah, there might be Miis with ****s on their faces, but that's not really new, plus it already happened in Mario Kart, and at this point I'm not sure how many people that regularly play games online will be affected by it. However, with the apparent tight monitoring and moderating of the Miiverse, perhaps some form of censorship will be brought along with it to the Miis themselves. Just speculation though.

Though it won't affect the gamer, it may affect some of the parents of younger kids. One of the worries that has been openly stated about the Wii U is whether the Miis in the Miiverse will be appropriate. If Miis are included on the Wii U with faces like ****s, it will make the head-lines in the newspapers and the popularity for the Wii U will go down. Lets face it, Nintendo is more popular among younger kids than with teenagers or adults, and some parents supervise their kids while they play. If they see quite literal dik-heads playing on SSB4 then they could very well sell their Wii U.

However, this is the Krystal thread, so if you want to continue discussing this, we should probably take it to the Mii thread.
Ok, I'll just answer in the quote this time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just used me and my friends (and their friends) as an example that casual gamers also don't like Miis. There are a lot more people who do not like them. Mii-oriented games keep showing up, because there are so many good games that include them that they are bought. Though it is a fairly large factor in smash, the characters in other games like wii party do not matter at all. People will buy the mii-oriented games for the game, not for the mii. of course, nintendo is taking this the wrong way and thinks that the majority of people like miis.
Yes, perhaps I should've specified that not every casual gamer likes the Miis, and not every hardcore gamer dislikes the Miis (I thought it was obvious that no character has absolutely unanimous popularity from one demographic), but on average, Miis have larger popularity with the casual audience, who their games are targeted towards and who cause the vast majority of their success.

What!? Miis have their own series? You mean games with Miis in them is a series!? So Mario kart Wii is a Mii series game? This is news to me!
:rolleyes:

The Miis' series is the Wii series. That's pretty obvious. When did I ever say every game they have appeared in was part of their series? Just because they appear in other games, doesn't mean those games are part of their series.

For the record, Wii sports and wii sports resort is one series, wii fit and wii fit plus is another.
Wii Sports and Wii Fit are both part of the Wii series in the same way Mario Kart and Mario Party are both part of the Mario series. They are sub-series.

They have potential (I take it you mean move-set) because Nintendo has squashed them into so many games they can use elements from that. The problem is, is that their move-set potential, while great, is bland. I mean, a side+A could be hitting them with a tennis racket since they were in mario tennis open (who might already have that?) and a side+B could be a kart due to Mario kart wii. That's all great. Is it exciting? No. Is it new? No. Will it be popular? Absolutely not.
This is entirely subjective. The Miis' have so much to work with moveset-wise, that each one of their attacks could implement a different item/object that they've previously used. In addition to tennis rackets and karts, they can use swords, bows and arrows, jetpacks, golf clubs, boxing gloves, frisbees, magic, ride cows, and even use tanks, among other things. While the characters themselves are fairly bland, I fail to see how this moveset potential could be seen as bland. If a wide variety of these were implemented into the moveset, it would definitely bring something new to the game. Each original character (even most semi-clones) brings something new to the table.

Plus by your logic of existing "weaponry" making all future uses of that same "weapon" unoriginal and unexciting, we shouldn't have received more than one sword-user. There's more than one way to use a tennis racket in Smash.

Also the Mii is popular with a large audience of people who would play Smash (the casuals), you've yourself admitted people like playing as themselves, and the moveset (even if it doesn't offer a wide variety of different types of attacks) would be original, which sounds to me would make for an at least semi-popular character. Not every attack or playstyle has to be flashy and dynamic for the character to find popularity.

By your facts, adding up every single game with Miis in them only just has more sales than LoZ? Well, I can tell you for a fact than if you add up the amount of sales each game in the series has, and then divide the total by the amount of games the series has, LoZ will have a higher average. Therefore making it's series more popular.
Once again, I meant the Miis' series, which is the Wii series.

I did those calculations though:
Wii series (not counting Wii Sports) = 113 million ÷ 7 = ~16 mil per game
Zelda series (not counting Link's Crossbow Training) = 68 million ÷ 18 = ~3.8 mil per game

Perhaps you should check your facts.

I don't really consider it to be impressive, considering that most of those sales are attributed to Wii Sports being bundled with the Wii itself.

But that's for the Mii thread.
Even not counting the packed-in Wii Sports, it's still the third best selling Nintendo franchise.

D

Deleted member

I don't really see how.
I'd really like it if you were to show me that the series would still be the third best selling without Wii Sports sales.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't really see how.
I'd really like it if you were to show me that the series would still be the third best selling without Wii Sports sales.
Wii Sports Resort: 30 million
Wii Fit: 22 million
Wii Fit Plus: 20 million
Wii Play: 28 million
Wii Play Motion: 1 million
Wii Party: 8 million
Wii Music: 2 million
Total: 111 million
(Wii Sports is 79 million, which makes the complete total ~190 million)

The next closest, Zelda, is at 68 million.

Source 1
Source 2

D

Deleted member

Hmm.
It appears I stand corrected. It was more than just Wii Sports pulling the weight after all.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehe, I wonder, if the Miis are implemented, if Sakurai might pull something clever and portray them as if fans were actually in the game. You see that kind of thing all the time. Like in One Piece, Usopp usually acts how the readers might feel during certain situations. Imagine if the Mii's idle animation was to stop and admire the scenery. Maybe when it grabbed another character, it would look all giddy as if it wanted to ask for an autograph.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I seriously hope Mii's do NOT became a part of the roster, it would ruin the meaning of Smash. Mii's are just avatars, not their own characters. And they don't really have any deeper origin than that, and aren't even that relevant to Nintendo's legacy. Nintendo really likes the Mii's nowadays though, i was fine with their inclusion in MK Wii and 7. They are just spin offs, but the fact that they are playable in the upcoming NSMBU, a Mario PLATFORMER. Really bothers me...

They are better as icons/avatars, and they are better muted. Their voices in MK7 were horrible.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wii Sports Resort: 30 million
Wii Fit: 22 million
Wii Fit Plus: 20 million
Wii Play: 28 million
Wii Play Motion: 1 million
Wii Party: 8 million
Wii Music: 2 million
Total: 111 million
(Wii Sports is 79 million, which makes the complete total ~190 million)
I'll try and make a move-set out of that which isn't bland.
A: He hits a bowling ball in front of him.
A-Side: He holds a Wii balance board behind his head and swings it forward when you let go of the button.
A-Up: There's a game on Wii fit which has you balancing and throwing up the Wii remotes to juggle, so I thought that Mii could throw up 3 juggling balls up over it's head.
A-Down: I can't actually think of anything for this.

Neutral-B: Gets a baseball bat in each hand and spins around 3 times.
Side-B: Like Ike's side B, Mii puts boxing gloves on and charges to whichever side you chose and begins running.
Up-B: A music note comes from all 8 sides of it, practically shielding it.
Down-B: Can't think of anything.

Final smash: Mii jumps on a cow a charges around the stage.

This seems so fun, and it took me like 30 minutes to come up with it, not much set potential there at all.

D

Deleted member

A-Side: He holds a Wii balance board behind his head and swings it forward when you let go of the button.
A-Up: There's a game on Wii fit which has you balancing and throwing up the Wii remotes to juggle, so I thought that Mii could throw up 3 juggling balls up over it's head.

Side-B: Like Ike's side B, Mii puts boxing gloves on and charges to whichever side you chose and begins running.

This seems so fun, and it took me like 30 minutes to come up with it, not much set potential there at all.
Yes because Captain Falcon's running into people with his car playstyle was so interesting in Smash.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The context may be different, but in Wii Sports Boxing, in order to throw a punch you literally have to throw a punch. Once you have kids physically punching eachother via their miis, it's hard to justify not using them in a fantasy beat em up setting (one with minimal physical motion input).
Actually, your analogy alone would justify not including them into Smash. I could make a Mii of my sister and just constantly beat up the Mii version of her. It reminds of how Perfect Dark was to have a feature where you could upload your face on to the characters for multiplayer, but it was scrapped due to the Columbine concerns.

Sorry, but that sounds awfully bland still and possibly even generic.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh the irony.
Kuma, I was pointing out that Miis can't have a move-set that isn't bland and generic. I spent about 30 minutes coming up with 9 moves, that is not good. The move-set isn't even very good! Oh wait, I couldn't manage an A-down or a Down-B, 7 moves. Anyway, glad to see your on board!

@Golden, I love playing as Captain Falcon, and I love his playstyle! It's not because I like the character, I didn't know who he was before melee, I did own 64, but at that time I didn't know who Kirby was! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

The point
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Your head.

I'm saying that Captain Falcon had nothing to work with, but was GIVEN things to work with. Same can be done for the Miis, although they have much more to work with that can be intersting.

And it took you 30 minutes to come up with...THAT....yikes.
I can make a better moveset in half the time, though I'm not going to be able to actually take 15 minutes solely on making a moveset until later, as I have to go back to class very soon.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wow, what part of: 'Yes because Captain Falcon's running into people with his car playstyle was so interesting in Smash.'
Leads to: 'I'm saying that Captain Falcon had nothing to work with, but was GIVEN things to work with.'?

Anyway, I was watching TV at the same time (it was about 6 here in the UK, just got home) not to mention the research I did to try and get Wii party and Wii music in the set, I just got the music note for Wii music and I know literally nothing on Wii party...

D

Deleted member

I don't know, maybe it's the fact I was making a sarcastic comment in regards to Captain Falcon only driving a car and had a car based moveset. (You SERIOUSLY didn't get that? Does it LOOK like Captain Falcon drives a car for his moves other than a Final Smash?)

I mean really, with what Miis have in comparison to Falcon, they would be easier to make an interesting moveset for.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
I don't thin its a good Idea because first how will you unlock it
and second if you are battling it to unlock it, what Mii will you battle.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't thin its a good Idea because first how will you unlock it
and second if you are battling it to unlock it, what Mii will you battle.
Does it matter which you fight? The game will probably just choose a random Mii from your Mii channel.

Also, Mii seems like it would be a starter character.

Junahu

Smash Ace
The Miis are THE representation of Nintendo as its current brand. If I asked you what the Wii was, you'd immediately think of Miis. It's a powerful franchise all in its own, and has become synonymous with the Wii. As characters, Miis ARE Nintendo, which makes it very likely that something will be done with them in SSB4.
Perhaps Sakurai will see the Miis as mere branding tools (like Diskun was for the Famicom Disk System) rather than characters in their own right, and not include them as a playable entity. But they WILL still appear in some form or another.

Regarding character and personality, the Miis are instantly recognisable. They may not have a defined set of principles. They're not out saving the princess or avenging their father. They have no dialogue. But they absolutely have a sense of character in the way they animate and react to things around them. You could strip all the customised elements from a Mii, and it would still definitely be a Mii.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
The Miis are THE representation of Nintendo as its current brand. If I asked you what the Wii was, you'd immediately think of Miis.
I think of Brawl, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, Galaxy, and DKCR.

Mii's dont appear till I've extinguished the rest of Nintendo's great games (Including Prime 3, Epic Yarn, Radiant Dawn)

Oh yeah the Miis exist, that's right.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that Miis games take precedence over other franchises on the system. And I'm certainly not saying they're the Wii's best games. I'm talking about Miis as a brand. Their unique aesthetic is striking and consistant enough for people to begin associating them with Nintendo's hardware as a whole.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Regarding character and personality, the Miis are instantly recognisable. They may not have a defined set of principles. They're not out saving the princess or avenging their father. They have no dialogue. But they absolutely have a sense of character in the way they animate and react to things around them. You could strip all the customised elements from a Mii, and it would still definitely be a Mii.
They don't talk much? I wonder who that reminds me of?
Oh yeah!
and
and
and
and
and
and

Do I need to continue?

Here's a Final Smash. IT may be a litltle bad.Final Smash- A large group of Miis drops down on the sides of the stage.They start to play their instruments in the background. They each randomly send out music notes which gives about 6% damage. The harder players button mash they more music notes that fly around the stage.

Top Bottom