• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Melee Netplay Community Build Is Out Now!

Jostar

Smash Rookie
Step 1: Install Homebrew Channel on your Wii (or Wii U's virtual Wii)
Step 2: Put Nintendont and the Melee ISO on your SD card
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

Why play on an emulator when you can play the real thing?
Because you can't play netplay on console.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
This article author seems rather uninformed. Settings for tweaking melee to be able to connect include only one thing: activating the Global Melee Netplay code. Community build requires you to build the iso which is obviously even more time consuming than downloading the iso and dolphin then activating the code compared to downloading the iso, dolphin, the build, building the build, finding other people that also have that build (Which requires more messaging) and then getting into a game. Not entirely sure how this is a more convenient means of playing when the steps required are more difficult and more time consuming. @ Popi Popi

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
This article author seems rather uninformed. Settings for tweaking melee to be able to connect include only one thing: activating the Global Melee Netplay code. Community build requires you to build the iso which is obviously even more time consuming than downloading the iso and dolphin then activating the code compared to downloading the iso, dolphin, the build, building the build, finding other people that also have that build (Which requires more messaging) and then getting into a game. Not entirely sure how this is a more convenient means of playing when the steps required are more difficult and more time consuming. @ Popi Popi
https://www.smashladder.com/netplay

Join the MNCB chat and done. Building the iso took like 10 seconds for me. For better performance and more stages it's very worth it. Don't exaggerate, m80.

NNID
MasterIcarus7

Generally around 1 frame, assuming it doesn't have to do any scaling.
Dumbass because online only works with an emulator.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
No, Wi-Fi Melee is heinous, among Melee players that wont even fathom to put themselves in a vicious cycle known as Net-play or (Wi-Fi which is Online btw). First players must work twice as hard to look fast and do great combo mix-up setups and so forth. Lastly I've tried Net-play, never will go back there again. Too much lag and delayed time frames, and if anyone dares mess up a Wave dash (Online) then they will be punished or even lose a stock if close to the ledge or getting back up from the ledge. Thanks.

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
No, Wi-Fi Melee is heinous, among Melee players that wont even fathom to put themselves in a vicious cycle known as Net-play or (Wi-Fi which is Online btw). First players must work twice as hard to look fast and do great combo mix-up setups and so forth. Lastly I've tried Net-play, never will go back there again. Too much lag and delayed time frames, and if anyone dares mess up a Wave dash (Online) then they will be punished or even lose a stock if close to the ledge or getting back up from the ledge. Thanks.
Christ, mate.

Sounds like you only played with people which required like 20+ buffer.

T0MMY

Smash Master
"The build automatically makes the player with the lower percentage win."

Is there an option to turn this feature off, because it's a deal-breaker for me if not since it actually impacts the game as it was designed.

I know it is found in some rules for prominent tournaments, but there are TO's who use alternatives to the %-based due to how ridiculously unfair it is to award wins this way (think Bowser with 50% vs Jigglypuff at 50% or how little a 1% lead actually matters to which player is ultimately going to win).
Loved the work overall, so hope that feature is optional.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
"The build automatically makes the player with the lower percentage win."

Is there an option to turn this feature off, because it's a deal-breaker for me if not since it actually impacts the game as it was designed.

I know it is found in some rules for prominent tournaments, but there are TO's who use alternatives to the %-based due to how ridiculously unfair it is to award wins this way (think Bowser with 50% vs Jigglypuff at 50% or how little a 1% lead actually matters to which player is ultimately going to win).
Loved the work overall, so hope that feature is optional.
It ain't m8

Kati

Smash Lord
set up was so easy on my wii and I got to put in a few hours with friends today. Such a solid mod!!!
: )

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Christ, mate.

Sounds like you only played with people which required like 20+ buffer.
No it was Brawl based connection (six frames delay) which was terrible since my moves were delayed due to the fact the button inputs are zero lag based as in offline reaction. Melee is not designed for Wi-Fi, if there is zero Wi-Fi lag then sure I will return. But just the slightest lag is enough to emulate the person's game-play. Thanks.

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Can you play this offline on a console? I'm using Dios mios and usbloader...anyone done this before?

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Yes, you can play it on console. :)
I'm having a little issue. I used DM lizard to get regular melee to work on my USB loader, but it seems i cant patch the file. Do i need the ISO as just one file to get this to work? sorry to bother

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
I'm having a little issue. I used DM lizard to get regular melee to work on my USB loader, but it seems i cant patch the file. Do i need the ISO as just one file to get this to work? sorry to bother
Are you on Windows or Mac, and are you using an unmodded vanilla Melee 1.02 iso? (20XX won't work.)

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Are you on Windows or Mac, and are you using an unmodded vanilla Melee 1.02 iso? (20XX won't work.)
MISSION COMPRETE!

I had an issue with my sd a while back and couldnt get my usb loader to work, so i got nintendont. I reformatted the ISO to be read. All good, and thanks very much for the release! got it purely because the character select is mint looking!

lil'tyrone

Smash Rookie
So you can get it on vwii and it'll work online?

Generally around 1 frame, assuming it doesn't have to do any scaling.

Top Bottom