• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Melee boards are way more helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
In Melee boards, there is a distinct lack of threads that have people claiming they discovered a new technique that has been around for ages. Also, there aren't nearly as many people who didn't even bother to read the stickies, much less use the search tool, and decide to make a thread asking how to grab the ledge/mortarslide/etc.

I could go on longer, but my point is, Melee boards are generally cleaner and more well organized.

Is it because the mods in Melee boards are stricter, or are there just that many stupid people?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I more guess that the Melee boards were like the Brawl boards back then when Melee was the latest Smash installation, and the fact Brawl is the latest one now of course makes all the noobs flood the Brawl boards, leaving the Melee cracks alone.
When a SSB4 comes out, they all will move on to there and leave the Brawl boards alone with the hardcore Brawl cracks.

Darkurai

Smash Master
In Melee boards, there is a distinct lack of threads that have people claiming they discovered a new technique that has been around for ages.
I haven't seen any of that in a while.

And...seriously, do you want to be flamed?

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Well, hopefully SSB4 will be a better game than Brawl, and there won't be as many people sticking to Brawl. The Melee boards are still pretty active for the most played, like CF, Marth, Fox, Falco, etc actually because they still cling to Melee.

But I just wonder why mods don't close pointless threads or threads that are going no where. Mic and crew are pretty friggin strict. Threads get closed in Melee if someone makes a thread in the Falcon boards just for the lulz, but threads like those THRIVE over here.

At Darkurai: mehh being flamed wouldn't be too fun. but i was just over in the snake boards and some guys like zomg you can vary how far the nades go up when you throw them down!!

And while I'm talking about Snake boards, every other friggin thread is about how broken he is...

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
In Melee boards, there is a distinct lack of threads that have people claiming they discovered a new technique that has been around for ages. Also, there aren't nearly as many people who didn't even bother to read the stickies, much less use the search tool, and decide to make a thread asking how to grab the ledge/mortarslide/etc.

I could go on longer, but my point is, Melee boards are generally cleaner and more well organized.

Is it because the mods in Melee boards are stricter, or are there just that many stupid people?

*Facepalm* The melee boards are bare because we're trying to deal with people like YOU

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
If and when SSB4 come out, people will still ***** about the lack of a character they wanted, ATs, stages, or whatever, and they'll all say its sucks. The cycle will repeat.
n00bs will always exist

superman969

Smash Journeyman
If and when SSB4 come out, people will still ***** about the lack of a character they wanted, ATs, stages, or whatever, and they'll all say its sucks. The cycle will repeat.
n00bs will always exist
It's not really the GBD boards and all that that I'm talking about, it's more the character discussion boards. People's extreme ignorance is just bothersome. I rarely come to GBD because of all the n00bs. and because half the threads turn into Brawl vs Melee. Actually just about all threads do.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
It's not really the GBD boards and all that that I'm talking about, it's more the character discussion boards. People's extreme ignorance is just bothersome. I rarely come to GBD because of all the n00bs. and because half the threads turn into Brawl vs Melee. Actually just about all threads do.
Do you know how that starts? Look at this comment.

Well, hopefully SSB4 will be a better game than Brawl, and there won't be as many people sticking to Brawl. The Melee boards are still pretty active for the most played, like CF, Marth, Fox, Falco, etc actually because they still cling to Melee.
Now, what you're meaning by this comment is that if SSB4 is better than Brawl, there will be less annoying N00bs here.

If someone merely skims over that post, however, they will see the bolded comment first and attack it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom