• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man Lemon Footstool combo?

Unix

Smash Cadet
Hi! I am a new user on this community :D

I have been searching a Mega Man lemon footstool combo (Something like that)

I'm making a playlist on Youtube with Mega Man combos, but I can't find the vídeo of this combo.

Does it look like this:
https://gfycat.com/SoupyFrequentHalicore

But...

3 walking shots, footstool, ledge, and quickly footstool again.

If you know the video, please share!

Sorry if my English is bad. I will improve.

EDIT: I finally found the video.

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
You've seen a video of this before or you are asking if one exists? I've never actually seen that before

Unix

Smash Cadet
You've seen a video of this before or you are asking if one exists? I've never actually seen that before
Is a tutorial on Youtube. The last time I saw the video was a long time ago.

I remember was searching much about "footstool"

I saw the video and ignored it, was looking for a different combo.

Later I got the idea to create a combos playlist. I went back to try to find the video and could not.

I cannot remember the title, but it was a tutorial on this combo as I describe.

The leafstool combo is everywhere. But not the lemon footstool combo.

It was interesting because it was so fast. I need the video.

Thank all for the effort.

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
This would be a great way to followup a lemonlock too close to ledge. I shoud keep this in mind. What if you followed up with leaf shield? Lemon-> footstool-> leaf shield-> doublejump/walljump to ledge/stage

Unix

Smash Cadet
SOLVED

I finally found the video.

It has more techniques, more than I wrote.

I found it in a public playlist, but the video is set to private. Is another video of James Doob.

Fortunately Google is a good friend.

PseudoPac

Smash Rookie
While it looks cool, is a footstool the optimal follow-up from a forced ledge slide. By itself, lemon to footstool offers nothing but an ledge guarding opportunity. While this is nothing to stick your nose up at, the risk/ reward ratio doesn't seem favorable. Considering that it's fairly difficult to confirm a footstool off a prattack, it'd be easy to trade stage position in which you are the one being ledge guarded. I suggest that we consider finding a better punish out or an aerial footstool to possibly lead to an early kill (same risk with better reward) or simply abandon the footstool for a safer option (lower risk/reward). While we are at it, let's consider a follow up for bair prattack off the ledge as well. To start, knowing the total frames of tumble from a footstool and a forced ledge slide would be helpful.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Nice videos!

This is probably the optimal move against characters that are dead after the footstool, or at least really easy to edgeguard after the footstool (that is a pretty large list tbh, characters with no / bad hitboxes on their recovery all should fear this).

Otherwise, nair at the ledge sends them at an angle where you can edgeguard them as well. Whether you prefer them at the distance for projectiles/ metal blade gimps, or directly below the stage for more dair / sawblade / footstool / leafshield play, probably depends on each MU.

FWIW, this is a nice video of what you can do at the ledge. I like the fact it can come from a f-tilt, which makes it much easier to confirm.

Character's I think I'd prefer directly below me to gimp, include but are not limited to (just listing from the top of my head right now)

Little Mac, Robin, Kirby, Diddy and Donkey Kong, Bowser, Rosalina, bowser Jr, Wario, Mac, Link, Ganon, Toon link, Pits, Marth, Ike, Duck Hunt ,DDD, Fox, Falco, Lucario, Jiggles, greninja, Rob, CF, Villager, WFT, Shulk, Dr Mario (might outright die from footstool if you rob his jump) Sonic, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayo....

So, like most of the cast. Especially on a stage where you can guide a dair into them because they are forced straight up, like a lot of solid wall omegas. Good finds, I think exploring Megaman's footstool options is an important next step in our meta. Much like Greninja, we have a dair that can hit immediately after, we have mobile jab resets on a lot of characters with pellets, and we have all kinds of unique ways to force the footstool. I'd not be surprised if we find some nasty gimps.

For example, the reason I say bayonetta is that once she panics, 99% of bayonettas are going to up B immediately to try and make it back to the stage before anything bad happens, you should be able to force a quick bair right after the footstool and catch her for the stage spike.

Unix

Smash Cadet
Some of my old video's show casing Lemon > Footstool stuffs
Impressive! IMPRESSIVE!

You know exactly what I wanted!

You says "Some of your old videos" ¡You are James Doob? O.O Awesome! I knew your videos, and I practiced a lot. Later I came up the idea of creating a Mega Man Playlist, and never found more their videos, so far only 0-death combo and Footstool to Jab (Pure luck).

Thank you for your Ledge Snap video.

I would not share their videos without your consent, you have set videos to private.

Greetings.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
awesome videos. i was wondering. is the footstool guaranteed on floaties after they fall offstage from the lemon hit stun? can they act out before the footstool?

Megamang

Smash Lord
Hmm. The lemon definitely doesn't have enough hitstun for that, but the animation for falling off the ledge might not be interruptable right away. I'd either ask in the mechanics thread, or do some quick testing with anyone that can push you off the ledge + Mario's nair / Anyone's jump, but I know footstool can inturrupt jump. Maybe test with m2's frame 2 airdodge.

Unix

Smash Cadet
Hmm. The lemon definitely doesn't have enough hitstun for that, but the animation for falling off the ledge might not be interruptable right away. I'd either ask in the mechanics thread, or do some quick testing with anyone that can push you off the ledge + Mario's nair / Anyone's jump, but I know footstool can inturrupt jump. Maybe test with m2's frame 2 airdodge.
Super Glide Toss Seems another way of doing footstool in the ledge. It's time to try the JD techniques Azazel Azazel

By @Dezmu

awesome videos. i was wondering. is the footstool guaranteed on floaties after they fall offstage from the lemon hit stun? can they act out before the footstool?
I think that is guaranteed, in fact Felix defines the next combo as an easy option to Spike:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Thats a pretty cool, easy setup that is hard to tech once you get hit due to the multi hit nature of bair, especially since if you miss a slash or two it still works and changes the timing significantly.

I feel like you could mash jump and come out alright, but maybe not...

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Seems like people could make it back from some of those but still very impressive. Anything to make getting the KO easier.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I love that tech, I use it allllll the time. :D

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
Body Rock is very important for getting jab >footstools

edgeslip makes the footstool guaranteed

Basically it's only practical on floaties. In my vid demonstartions i manage to do it on bowser jr., a fastfaller, but the window is very tight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom