• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Meaning of life, Comic books, And quantum mechanics.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Your life is a characteristic of organisms that exhibit certain biological processes such as chemical reactions or other events that results in a transformation. Living organisms are capable of growth and reproduction, some can communicate and many can adapt to their environment through changes originating internally.

Religion is only commercial.

A book is a set or collection of written, printed, illustrated, or blank sheets, made of paper, parchment, or other material, usually fastened together to hinge at one side. A single sheet within a book is called a leaf, and each side of a leaf is called a page. A book produced in electronic format is known as an e-book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kind of hard for me to wrap my head around. The suggestion of different dimension.

But then, what are the limitations of these dimensions? How many are there? If there are an infinite number, I see it sorta like a cup up water; sooner or later, the number of these dimensions should overflow and problem should occur. I mean, what happens when 2 dimensions intersect? Can they? >:S

I haven't even read the wikipedia article because when I started, I farted. I brain, that is.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Okay.

1. There are theoretically infinite dimensions.
2. The properties of these dimensions could be anything, literally. An example can be given in this theory: Take a magnate, pull something off the ground. No what you just did? You over came the earths gravitational force with the force exuded by something as small as a magnate. Surly you can see the imbalance of the power of the forces in relation to their origin. Why? Well, the theory goes, (hopefully I got this right, its incredibly complicated) that gravity doesn't exist at all in our universe, but is leaking from another universe made entirely of gravity through the strings.
3. When two universes collide with each other, the clash between their energy forces cause a new universe to be created in a 'big bang' like event. Furthmore, if the Holidon Collidor or however you spell it were to somehow create a new universe, that universe would first cause some large damage in a ball of energy, but would then displace itself from our universe into its own defined space. Sound familiar?
Well, it should to anyone who has seen Akira, as that's what Akira does at the end of the movie, creates his own universe

At least, that's how I understand it. If Einstein couldn't get this down, I don't think we have a hope.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The way I want to see this is that these dimension run about horizontally.

Okay. So, if two dimensions collide, they just, essentially, make a single, new dimension. Same goes for if a multitude of dimensions were to collide?

In any case, the reason I bring up a horizontal thought is for something I thought of for my story. Not original, since this idea is verily much like Zonic from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. But there's another dimension that pretty much intersects ours, and all others, keeping balance as best as it can be. But that's just a belief. I also has a similar conversation with someone I work with. He said there's alot in our history that doesn't add up and is under the belief that an outside source has aided in our advance in technology. He mentions the oddly perfect placement of the Pyramids, their seemingly pointless design, and how those pyramids were placed right under Orion's Belt at the time they were built. He's suggesting outer dimensional beings not limited to our dimension's laws of physics, or these UFOs that can make turns and go speeds that are unheard of.

A belief, sort of like my putting a restriction between time travel and Dimensional travel. One can only do one or the other, not both at the same time. I can't remember why I put this restriction up.

But anyway, I'd love to read what is said here, cause it could only help be build a better story.

Top Bottom