• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mastermind Behind the Charitable Event, Smash the Record, RagingCherry!

Smashboards is continuing its video interview series and talks to one of the most influential and well known tournament organizers in the united states, Alex "RagingCherry" Chiricosta!

Smashboards' Texan correspondent, Josh "1PC" Olalde, is back conducting video interviews and recently had the opportunity to talk to one of the most well known tournament organizer's in both the Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Melee community, Tempo Storm's Super Smash Bros. team manager, Alex "RagingCherry" Chiricosta. In this interview, Cherry talked to 1PC about his smash beginnings, first events, how Smash the Record got started, the future of Smash the Record, memorable moments and many other topics!

Smashboards interview with RagingCherry

For the unitiated, Cherry is a smasher from Florida that currently resides in So-Cal and is one of the most well known tournament organizers in the Smash Scene. Cherry is known for running successful events such as Smash the Record 2014, Smash the Record 2015, Paragon tournament series and CEO 2014. For people who are not aware of Cherry's well known event, Smash the Record, Smash the Record is a donation Smash tournament/speed run event that takes place in Orlando, Florida that attempts to break the Guinness World Record for Longest Video Game Marathon Playing a Fighting Game. All of the donations to Smash the Record go towards the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. In total, Smash the Record donated $13,902 in its first year and $50,637 the following year. No prize money is given to the winners and the competition/environment is much more on the casual side compared to an average tournament.

For more updates on Cherry or of the Smash the Reocrd event make sure you follow them on Twitter @RagingCherry and @SmashForCharity. If you enjoyed 1PC's work and want to see more of it, be sure to check him out on Twitter and his YouTube channel Houston Smash Network.

Last edited:
Josh Olalde

Comments

I remember having a blast last year staying up all night watching random speedruns on the STR stream. And then going on YT afterwards to watch the runs I missed. Really entertaining event.

Smash the Record is one of my favorite events. For a great cause as well, thats what makes it even more awesome.

The intro animation cuts off too soon. The video fades out too quickly and the audio doesn't at all. Good interview though. The quality is much better than some of the other interviews that I've seen.

Last edited:
The intro animation cuts off too soon. The video fades out too quickly and the audio doesn't at all. Good interview though. The quality is much better than some of the other interviews that I've seen.
Thank you so much for giving feedback. Will take these things in mind for the next interview!

Top Bottom