• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Massive Link Combo Video.

AoZora

Smash Rookie
What's up guys! I'm AoZora and I make combo videos, that's not why I'm here. I'm posting this because I want to make a combo video for a good majority of Link players. I've done most of my work alone and I'd like some help from the community for this one. If you have sets you want me to look at please post them and I'll look at them. Thanks! :linkmelee:

P.S Here is my YouTube channel if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXgYdWsYKXxiuuua2mHuT9Q

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
While your enthusiasm for mastering our favorite Smash character is laudable, I think the lack of responses here says for itself that to get the attention of your peers you'll need to do one thing: practice. Play against good opponents, record your matches, win, and post your highlights. New smashers like Team Plasma N have gotten respect in the community for doing these things, and it's possible for you too. Also I watched some of your matchup analysis on Sheik, in the future focus on dissecting the match specifics and how the choices to use the tools given to both players determined the outcome. You can use the general characteristics of the mu in your video to an extent, but cover the video too!

While I won't berate you for choosing a high tier main to deal with Shiek, stating that you do so implies two things: first, using another character means learning an entirely different set of strategies- everything is different with another character like attack setups and timings, so you'll be diverting a lot of time and energy away from your main to another character for one matchup. I don't know about you, but I'd feel a lot better about my chances with Link trained to a high level vs. a high tier with cursory knowledge. If the Sheik is any good she will destroy a less than high-level character regardless of tier anyway so my choice is to master one character and stick with it. The second thing I want to mention is that saying to pick a high tier vs. Shiek can make sense, but it's not helping us Link mains to fight her effectively. We are here for a reason, and if we wanted to play as a sword user who's better but has an annoying voice we would have picked Marth lol. Link has the tools to deal with Sheik, and it's up to us to work together and find the best ones to use.

P.S.: for video topics please use the pre-designated video thread, thanks.

AoZora

Smash Rookie
While your enthusiasm for mastering our favorite Smash character is laudable, I think the lack of responses here says for itself that to get the attention of your peers you'll need to do one thing: practice. Play against good opponents, record your matches, win, and post your highlights. New smashers like Team Plasma N have gotten respect in the community for doing these things, and it's possible for you too. Also I watched some of your matchup analysis on Sheik, in the future focus on dissecting the match specifics and how the choices to use the tools given to both players determined the outcome. You can use the general characteristics of the mu in your video to an extent, but cover the video too!

While I won't berate you for choosing a high tier main to deal with Shiek, stating that you do so implies two things: first, using another character means learning an entirely different set of strategies- everything is different with another character like attack setups and timings, so you'll be diverting a lot of time and energy away from your main to another character for one matchup. I don't know about you, but I'd feel a lot better about my chances with Link trained to a high level vs. a high tier with cursory knowledge. If the Sheik is any good she will destroy a less than high-level character regardless of tier anyway so my choice is to master one character and stick with it. The second thing I want to mention is that saying to pick a high tier vs. Shiek can make sense, but it's not helping us Link mains to fight her effectively. We are here for a reason, and if we wanted to play as a sword user who's better but has an annoying voice we would have picked Marth lol. Link has the tools to deal with Sheik, and it's up to us to work together and find the best ones to use.

P.S.: for video topics please use the pre-designated video thread, thanks.
Thank you for the tips! I will take them to heart and follow through. I will also study the MU more and see if I can find new ways to deal with Sheik.

Top Bottom