• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth-Sheik Matchup in PAL.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
So what does everyone think of this match up?

Both characters have had one or two significant nerfs to them (Marth's dair is now a meteor smash and Sheik's dthrow sends you at a more horizontal angle and up air does 2% less damage) so how major do you think this is to the match up?

Looking at previous European smashers, I'd argue it's an even matchup, but I'm just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Dair is surprisingly irrelevant for the sheik matchup due to how you can rinse and repeat edgeguard sheik. So it's better for marth than it is in ntsc. But even without the amazing dthrow because Marth is pretty ass in the corner the dthrow nerf also doesn't hurt as much as you'd think. So it's roughly even, ntsc is also roughly even nowadays I think.
(unless we're talking fd, fd is stupid for sheik)

Last edited:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Honestly, I'm kinda surprised by how the dair nerf doesn't hurt Marth as much as most people would think. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

Top Bottom