• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The many powers of Kirby

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'll go ahead and remove/fix the OP as soon as I can. I'm tired as hell right now though.

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
The 3.01 changelog appears to be incorrect about two of the Kirby hat changes

-Lucario Kirby hat properly stores the Aura Sphere charge when canceling it
-Storing blueballs freezes Kirby until he is hit
-Yoshi Kirby hat cannot grab from behind anymore
-Kirby can still eat people from behind.

Other Inconsistencies I noticed weren't in the OP (some are just aesthetic)

-Bowser Hat breath when fully decayed is nearly twice the size of Bowser's when fully decayed
-Captain Falcon Hat still has same hitlag as previous P:M demos
-Charizard Hat breath takes longer to decay
-Diddy Hat peanuts still have vBrawl trajectory; overcharge doesn't hurt Kirby
-Falco Hat laser damage doesn't decay with distance
-Fox Hat laser damage doesn't decay with distance
-Link Hat arrows have vBrawl charge time, vBrawl trajectory, vBrawl graphical effect
-Marth Hat lacks charging sparkles and dust clouds by feet
-Meta Knight Hat allows Kirby to mash to increase Tornado duration; has less vertical mobility than Meta Knight
-Ness Hat doesn't auto-detonate on ground, as the auto-detonate timer is really long for some reason (try using a fully charged PK Flash off the stage)
-Pit Hat doesn't use new Light element
-Sonic Hat bounce isn't as floaty as Sonic's, and/or Kirby's recover time is too long. Either way, Kirby can't really follow up after Homing Attack like Sonic
-Toon Link arrows have graphical appearance of normal arrows until they hit something
-Zelda Hat can't be land canceled as early as Zelda's NL; Kirby doesn't have as much priority/invincibility

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If something is better than the respective character's you can look at it as a buff. :p

The yoshi hat changelist should have said the grab box size was reduced. Falcon punch's hitlag wasn't reduced because I forgot about it and it doesn't really matter much because of how slow it is. Toon link's arrow matches TL exactly except for the starting point of the trail.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Just gonna throw this out there, because I feel this is probably the right place to post this, but I feel like Jigglypuff should give Kirby Side-B like in SSB64 instead of Neutral-B. I see Pound as a lot more practical than Rollout, and it would aid in recovery (dunno if Kirby really needs that.)

Not really a Kirby main, just wanted to post an idea here.

MarkJa-lapeno

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6826-4437
With Mr. G&W, Kirby's B is significantly faster than G&W's B normally is. I'd consider looking deeper into some of the ones you may have just said "same" to bc if there's that there must be others as well!

Top Bottom