• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Main Theme

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Question: How would you like the main theme to be this time?
Music only like in SSB 64 and SSB Melee, in latin like in Brawl, in Japanese, or in English?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Something that starts off magical and touches me deep within my innards. Then tears them out of me with an abrupt transition into a metal as f@#$ guitar solo. Finishing with a spectacle performed by the trans syberian orchestra.
EDIT: Oh yeah and it better end with

SUPER

SMASH

BROOOOTHEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something mixing orchestral and rock, not different from Brawl's Final Destination theme.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well, Melee had a pretty strong purple/red/black Theme, while Brawl had a lot of blue, white, and grey tones throughout. If I had to describe the theme in Smash 64 it would more than anything maybe be yellow?

So a green or orange theme seems the most likely, unless the themes of the other games return.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, Melee had a pretty strong purple/red/black Theme, while Brawl had a lot of blue, white, and grey tones throughout. If I had to describe the theme in Smash 64 it would more than anything maybe be yellow?

So a green or orange theme seems the most likely, unless the themes of the other games return.
"Theme" as in Super Mario Theme. Not the graphical one.

D

Deleted member

I know Final Fantasy staff won't do the music this time. I think Clint Mansell is the possibility. Who knows who will compose the main theme for new Smash Bros.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I know I'm probably the only person that thinks this, but I kind of want the theme to be more serene. Something that feels calming to hear, but conveys a sense of some sort of epic tale ahead of you. Kind of like the main theme for Xenoblade.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
I would like it to be quiet than gets epic-er and louder going more to the end and then yells out the name like MELLE or the name that its gonna be than gets quiet.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The main orchestra theme must stay there, but I would love to hear some remix. The JOE! one is awesome.
Maybe some electronic... But not cheesy like in PSABR, it must stay badass.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I would love it to be more like Melee- the cinematography really went along with the music playing. It was really beautiful D:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Eh, it's a nice piece, but it's too... soft.. It works well for the main menu, for sure, but opening themes of Smash Bros. have more oomph to them in composition.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think it'll go something like this:

BA DA BA DUM BAAA DAAA DAAA DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. DO. DO. DUH DO.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think it'll go something like this:

BA DA BA DUM BAAA DAAA DAAA DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. DO. DO. DUH DO.
I can totally see that happening.

The music posted above, while good as its own, wouldn't work very well as a theme if you ask me. Too calm.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I like the theme above, it would be excellent for the menu music, or a recurring theme in the cinematography of the full theme when there are quieter/more elegant parts.
But, I would love to have something like. . . Dang, I don't know. OH WAIT! Latin wasn't enough last time, it should have full blown CHANT in it, I'm talking GREGORIAN CHANT, like, for real dog, like monks and jazz, those guys you know, if done right it can make some good transitional music/recurring theme.
But for the actual epic part, something symphonic and brassy, don't be afraid of the softs and strings/woodwinds though, and don't forget the marimbas and percussion.

D

Deleted member

Like for the Brawl's one which was composed by Uematsu, I only wish the new main theme will be composed by the God of VGM : Yasunori Mitsuda.

It's still a dream of mine of course

D

Deleted member

I want the new theme to be epic as Brawl's. I don't want to sound like this Rickroll song. Otherwise, I'll go crazy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wasn't so crazy about the latin in Brawl's theme, in general I'm not so crazy about video game music having lyrics. I liked Melee's theme a lot, it had good energy and got you pumped, something in that regard might work again.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I'd like a theme that sounds eighties. Uncaring if it has lyrics or not. Maybe a parody of a medley of the best official themes of those years.

Sample: Mario and Link appears and there is a parody of the Superman theme as BGM. Then the images switch to Fox Mc. Cloud and Samus and the music shift to a Star Wars theme parody. Samus loses her armour, Snake appears and the musics becomes 007 like. Then we see Pacman against thge ghost and hear a Ghostbusterish theme. We see Little Mac training and the music resembles the Rocky Theme. Sonic and Captain Falcon racing against each other and the music is NANANANANANABATMAAAAN!!

To understand better the concept I mean see this again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElxXUByrNSY

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As long as its Epic but doesnt try to hard to be Epic something cool that doesnt get overly annoying within the first 10 times you hear it and from then on makes you turn your volume down when you ''Press Start'' at the title screen...

And above all..something that isnt OVERPLAYED...and Renixed more times than Lil Wayne's - A Millie....

Thats all i gotta say in this thread...
PeAcE....

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something epic which also feels magical and whimsical. Melee nailed it pretty well to me.

Animated opening akin to Project X Zone wouldn't be half-bad either.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Something different than Brawl's, not because it was bad but because I'd like to see something different. Honestly if we could get some throwback to 64's whimsical style that would be great.

I remember reading an article a while back that said that the guy who did Brawl's theme (that FF guy, I forgot his name) wouldn't mind coming back to do Smash 4's theme. I think I left a link to it in the Directory thread, I don't remember.

Top Bottom