• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Main Characters" thread

LightWarrior

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0645-6857-2681
Hey! :)

I'm curious about your mains...and i thought it's a good idea to make a thread just to talk about them

So...who are your mains? And...why? Why did you choose them?

Also, how many mains are suggested, or "appropiate" to have? 1? 3? 5?...i ask this because there must be a certain point where having too many mains lose that "special" touch xD...you know what i mean.

That said, i'll tell you mine:

-Lucario :4lucario:

Was my main in Brawl, which was the first smash bros. game i had, and i remember i was so hype when i knew it was gonna be there!...it is one of my favorite Pokemon ever :)...love it!

-Pac-Man :4pacman:

Since Nintendo told us about Namco being part of the new smash...i thought "man, i would love to see pac-man there"...and when it was announced i was like.."f*cking yesss!" Haha...i really like this character, much like Megaman, Mario and Sonic, the greatest video game icons of all time!...also, i remember playing a Ps one game called "Pac-Man world" or something like that, and i loved that game some much!

-Palutena :4palutena:

This case is somewhat curious...i decided to use a character from a franchise that i've never played before, thought it could be interesting and fun...i thought on Shulk, Fox, Little Mac, and even Lucina..but, i dont know, i took a better look at Palutena, and wow...that character is so "majestic", i love the way she looks, that "Angel" look.. and i am a big fan of mythical creatures and legends, you know...so, when i knew she was a "Goddess of light" i thought..."yep, shes the one :D"...and now i wanna play Kid Icarus: Uprising because of that :)

What about you? Hope you enjoy the thread!

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
In order

Lucario- Brawl Main, ZeRo says he's been buffed significantly

Lucina- Not for novelty, I just like the idea of Rush-Down Marth.

Link- 64, Melee main, buffed significantly.

Captain Falcon- See Link

Dark Pit- I like new Pit, and I like midspeed characters.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
Honestly it's getting hard for me to choose exactly who i want to main, as almost every character seems to have something unique lol. I think I'll only have 1-3 mains, but still play a bunch of the cast.

New Comers:

Greninja: My first starter in X/Y, and I love his addition.
Pac-Man: After watching him on VGBootCamp, he seems amazing.
Robin: Fire Emblem Awakening was my first FE game, and it's still one of my favorite 3DS games.
Lucina: I main Marth, but again I loved FE: Awakening so it makes sense.
Shulk: Interesting character with the buff idea. Never played his game, but I love JRPGs.

Returning:
Kirby: This is my #1 main, and he's seem to have gotten even stronger.
Marth: #2 main, I started getting into Project M after I played FE: Awakening, and I wanted to main him since he came from the series.

shaneknows

Smash Rookie
Well I plan on trying everyone, but right now these two are my mains for sure.

Falco: Melee/ Brawl/ Project M main. He looks terrible so I feel the need to represent him.
Little Mac: Looks like an insanely fast ground based character. Looks more like a lot of fun to play if I can keep myself from SDing.

Villager seems really fun based solely from the demo. I may explore him more deeply when the game has been out a little bit.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I plan to main Rosalina in Smash 4, no question. With any luck I'll achieve competence with her, I have a bad history trying to manage puppet characters.

Last edited:

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Primary: :4pikachu::4charizard:(Jigglypuff):4lucario::4greninja:

Secondary: :4kirby::4yoshi::4sonic::4pacman:(Duck Hunt)

Honorable Mentions: :4zss::4mario::4palutena::4link::4zelda:

MixMasterMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
MixMasterMudkip
3DS FC
5241-2232-9791
My main three are going to be :4peach:,:4wiifit:, and Duck Hunt

after that :4pit:/Dark Pit, :4lucario:,:4sonic:, and some other newcomer (whoever I grow fond of.)

I they were back :popo: and :wolf:, but sadly that wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom