• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lum has Landed

Lum_Beri

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lum_Beri
3DS FC
4656-6500-5607
So I really don't know if I'm making this thread in the right place (or if I'm supposed to be making this thread at all). If I'm not, I apologize.
My name is James. In-game, I go by Lum or Lum_Beri. To be honest, I haven't played most of the Smash games very much (I only played Project M once, hardly ever played N64, and it's been years since I touched Melee), but I became an avid Brawl player in 2010. I play Sm4sh on the 3DS when I can, and am looking forward to Sm4sh for Wii U. I generally play as PAC-MAN, although I can typically hold my own as Doctor Mario (relatively speaking; I kind of suck).
TL;DR: I play as PAC-MAN, and I'm pretty bad.

Lum_Beri at your service.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Welcome James,

I'm no expert on the subject, but I'd say you're posting this in just the right place.
That sounds like more than enough smash experience over time, hope you're enjoying 4... i'm lost in it.

I don't see enough Dr. Marios so gl with him, and a good Pacman makes for a really entertaining round so keep it up :D

Lum_Beri

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lum_Beri
3DS FC
4656-6500-5607
To oversimplify Doctor Mario, he's a combination of Mario and Luigi. He has more power than regular Mario, his DSpecial is actually useful (and can be used to recover, kind of), his dash throws are good, and he's not quite as particular as Luigi, which makes him a little easier to use.
PAC-MAN can edge-guard and gimp the hell (Can I use that word, or do I have to say "heck"?) out of anyone with his NSpecial. His recovery is amazing, and his DSpecial makes for interesting combos. I've been a little disappointed with his grab so far, since it must directly connect with the opponent to work (opponents caught in the beam will not be grabbed, as is the case in the original Galaga) and it leaves him very open if it fails. I'm also a little disappointed that his DSpecial doesn't meteor if it contacts an opponent in the air, although it might be a tad broken if it did.
In short, I've found PAC-MAN's game on the normal stage is decent if one can make up for his mediocre speed, he has very good edge-guarding potential and superb recovery, and he is overall a very unique fighter. Hopefully I can perfect my technique with him because, as you say, a good PAC-MAN player "makes for a really entertaining round."

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Solid experience explanation. I agree I am not a huge fan of his grab but his other options are so fun. If that DSpecial spiked... his gimp game would be absurd, it still acts as a really safe and solid vertical edge guard though and one of the few characters who has an easier time making it back to the stage. With many fighters this Smash feels very vulnerable in the juggling moments of battle for the one up top, Pac Dspecial is such a solid answer.

I'm always happy to talk about player mechanics and the like. There are character specific boards where this kind of information is welcomed by more people and you can find great info yourself. I'm new as well and this "meet and greet" is great in spirit but I think it's less frequented, so best you spend your typing efforts in a place you'll see more feedback :D

awesome stuff though,

Last edited:
Top Bottom