• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
this is the part where i distance myself from threats to ban people cause whoa that's an escalation

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
There was?
yea actually there was. the post ended up getting deleted after customs got turned on but there were two guys who complained a lot about it
"customs are the future of smash 4"
"the community as a whole is beginning to gravitate towards customs"
"no customs = fraudulence"
etc

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
You come across as an ******* to be honest. It's pretty douchey to attack people who are throwing an event that is in no way for their personal benefit.
Dude, I'm not trying to attack you and I'm not saying you're hosting this for selfish reasons. I'm sorry for coming off that way. I know you're putting a lot of work into this with little to nothing in return and I'm truly thankful. But you keep ignoring my issue. The whole entire reason for everything I've posted was to convey that I really like doubles and so do a bunch of other smash 4 players and in the future I feel like you guys should take that into consideration when hosting a tournament that has doubles in every event accept for the event that you came to play there will be salt.

BSP

Smash Legend
yea actually there was. the post ended up getting deleted after customs got turned on but there were two guys who complained a lot about it
"customs are the future of smash 4"
"the community as a whole is beginning to gravitate towards customs"
"no customs = fraudulence"
etc
Oh ok. Personally, I could go either way on them. Firm "no" unless there's something like Evo's system in play though, otherwise time could end up being too much of an issue.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
"Dude, I'm not trying to attack you and I'm not saying you're hosting this for selfish reasons."

"Because I've officially made it my mission to figure out whatever smash he plays and purposely go out of my way to beat him in the gayest/most disrespectful methods available in said game. I'm so sick of Melee and PM getting spotlight treatment at something called the "smash" club."

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
"Dude, I'm not trying to attack you and I'm not saying you're hosting this for selfish reasons."

"Because I've officially made it my mission to figure out whatever smash he plays and purposely go out of my way to beat him in the gayest/most disrespectful methods available in said game. I'm so sick of Melee and PM getting spotlight treatment at something called the "smash" club."
If you actually answered my question you'd know why I said that because Melee and PM ARE getting spotlight treatment. What do you want from me? Do you want me to ignore that fact? That has nothing to do with you not doing this for the community or working really hard. It is what it is. You hosted a tournament and Melee and PM are getting favored treatment and YES I have a problem with that. That's it.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
There isn't time for every event. Something has to be cut. Mr Esports just showed that Sm4sh might have less entrants in a payed tourney, and the folks putting on the tourney seem to want Melee/PM more anyway. I don't understand the outrage. I'm a Super Smash Flash 2 pro (hypothetically for the purposes of this rant). If I complain that my community isn't getting represented fairly at this one tourney, is that justified or ridiculous?

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
There isn't time for every event. Something has to be cut. Mr Esports just showed that Sm4sh might have less entrants in a payed tourney, and the folks putting on the tourney seem to want Melee/PM more anyway. I don't understand the outrage. I'm a Super Smash Flash 2 pro (hypothetically for the purposes of this rant). If I complain that my community isn't getting represented fairly at this one tourney, is that justified or ridiculous?
Heck yea your complaining is justified. You could argue "just be happy that smash 4 is even there" well that's not good enough for me. Until equality is met I will not be silenced!!!!

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
"Smash" and "Esports" should never be in the same sentence, imo.
Slow your roll, V. I was calling Howard Mr. Esports. Has nothing to do with the inclusion or exclusion of Smash under the Esports umbrella.

Heck yea your complaining is justified. You could argue "just be happy that smash 4 is even there" well that's not good enough for me. Until equality is met I will not be silenced!!!!
You need to take it easy too. I didn't say "just be happy Sm4sh is there". Didn't even imply it. What I said was an event had to be cut, and the one with the most likely lowest turnout had to take the bullet. You saying PM/Melee should be cut? And before you say "include them all", just remember how time works.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
Slow your roll, V. I was calling Howard Mr. Esports. Has nothing to do with the inclusion or exclusion of Smash under the Esports umbrella.

You need to take it easy too. I didn't say "just be happy Sm4sh is there". Didn't even imply it. What I said was an event had to be cut, and the one with the most likely lowest turnout had to take the bullet. You saying PM/Melee should be cut? And before you say "include them all", just remember how time works.
If you mean am I implying that if smash 4 doubles were cut PM and Melee doubles should be cut too...........yep. but I agree this conversation is getting old so I degress

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure the reason why sm4sh dubs isn't in is cuz the singles and doubles brackets would slow each other down, causing a really heavy delay for the other tourneys. idk why nobody has pointed this out lol. like pm/melee should be the ones to have dubs cuz the games are just quicker, if sm4sh had doubles and pm/melee just had singles it'd prolly take up the same amount of time lmao

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
The few times that we've had Smash 4 Doubles (one of the Monthly Godlikes and Wintercon) it ended being faster than most of the other events.

Last edited:

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
oh really? i wouldn't expect that, i was only going by the few tourneys that i followed that had singles/doubles for sm4sh and they ended up getting super delayed. the more you know

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
Hey, don't be mad. You clearly said that you were certain smash 4 wouldn't garner enough entrants to warrant doubles even though me and several other people argued and presented evidence against this fact. Sure enough with all the odds stacked against it and having the worst time out of all of the events smash 4 still had the most entrants. I hope this is hard enough evidence to warrant doubles in the future. I don't care that you're mad at me. I'm just glad that this situation happened so people can see that there is definitely an interest in smash 4 in our state sometimes even surpassing PM and Melee. Moral of the story: Smash 4 is worth having. Doubles and Singles. Will it last? That's up to us to decide but right now it's still going strong.

'V'

Smash Lord
Still a top character. Just not as easy to KO off the top anymore, though I hear that U-throw hoo hah is still really good now that U-throw got a knockback decrease.

AfroSkull

Smash Cadet
@ Magi_ Magi_ check this out. I am doing a game programming camp this summer and I thought you would be a great fit for my extended day instructor... It focuses on pm and mêlée "I am not a big fan of IV sorry but maybe I'll change my mind if I see something worthwhile in it..." getting the younger generation acquainted and technical with these great games. This is a paid position, let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

PK Aether

Smash Rookie
Is there anybody in Houma that would like to play PM? Any events? I've grown bored of Netplay, so let me know if you're in town and would like to play.

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
If it's mainly just me talking about the game, i'm 1000000% interested. I'm not that well informed about programming at all though, if that's a major part of what I'm supposed to be teaching. I'd def like to hear more details, the only thing that might be an issue is i want to go to mechacon, and i think the date overlaps with the camp. Either way I'm still interested and would like to hear more.

Edit: nvm about the mechacon overlap, i just read that the camp is only on weekdays, now I'm like 200000000000000% interested lol.

Last edited:

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Again my position is always that people can host whatever they want at their events. It's your choice to go or not. Now you could use the, "It's a subtle way to kill smash four by not hosting it argument" and the counter argument is this. Melee can be played on the same system as PM so getting setups isn't terribly hard. Smash four is strictly Wii U so planning in advanced is kind of hard unless you know you have committed setups. And lastly, host your own events and they will come. Slidell has a pretty active smash four scene. Why can't you get people together for an event? If someone hosts an event, there is 0% obligation to host a particular game. Arguing the name of the club is purely semantics, because if you take that approach they can change the name and everything you say is invalidated.

AfroSkull

Smash Cadet
If it's mainly just me talking about the game, i'm 1000000% interested. I'm not that well informed about programming at all though, if that's a major part of what I'm supposed to be teaching. I'd def like to hear more details, the only thing that might be an issue is i want to go to mechacon, and i think the date overlaps with the camp. Either way I'm still interested and would like to hear more.

Edit: nvm about the mechacon overlap, i just read that the camp is only on weekdays, now I'm like 200000000000000% interested lol.
Lol, I'll take care of the programming you take care of the gameplay. You teach the participants about smash(melee and pm) overall techniques and advanced. the commitment must be all 8 days and don't worry about mechaCon I will be there too.

Top Bottom