• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
God, those last two tournaments made me want to get back into Melee/PM sooooooooo bad. **** college, **** real life.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
According to Facebook, Reflex is confirmed for Wintercon. Hope you guys have been training hard. I want to see you guys win.

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
Dude has a beast Wario in PM as well, but I haven't kept up with him much. Top 8 is definitely my goal for wintercon, but with some Texanites coming as well it's looking to be a really tough goal lol.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Reflex is the most technical person I know. He knows an incredible amount of information. I swear he knows all frame data for his characters by heart. He's practically a Smash Scholar to best put it. That's what makes him so good. He's one of those cool and calculated style players. Either way, I'd love to see Louisiana dominated the top 10 for all events this year.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Reflex knows the different sounds your character makes when jump/roll/climb/attack from the ledge

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
Here are melee results taken from fb. I dunno what PM/Brawl/Smash 4 results were.

Singles:
1: Jake13
2: Lee
3: TaylorHJ
4: Dope
5: Brzz
5: Jnig
7: Magi
7: Pawl
9: RJ
9: Kenny
9: V01D
9: Xin
13: Hunter
13: Feroz
13: OGG
13: Rhyme
17: KingOfSpaghetti
17: Eli
17: Pop$
17: Tferg
17: CathonLuck
17: Tama
17: Citrus
17: DF
25: Ricky
25: Sneak
25: LoyalSol
25: Cuddles
25: Grace
25: Swordply
25: Koala
25: Paige
33: Vice
33: TRC | Matchews
33: Noah

Doubles:
1: Lee and Taylor
2: Jake13 and Pawl
3: Dope and V01D
4: James and His Boy (JNig)
5: OGG and Magi
5: RJ and DF
7: Pop$ and Tferg
7: Kenny and Ilich
9: Fruity Pebbles
9: Rhyme and Eli
9: V and Grace
9: Astronaut and Flux
13: Hunter and CathonLuck

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
LSU Monthly 5 is happening!

When: Saturday Feb 7, 11:30am - 11pm

Where: Vieux Carre Room in the Student Union

Games: Smash 4U 1pm, N64 3pm, PM 5pm, Melee 7pm. Singles only

Entry is free, but there are no prizes. Essentially a smashfest. I will be going.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1474668466089093

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So will grudge have an actual tournament for smash 4, or is it just a bunch of money matches?
I was starting to wonder that. I had no plans on going due to work though.

Are there any upcoming Smash 4 tournaments in NOLA?

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there's a Smash 4 tournament because the Grudge was primarily focused on MMs and there just weren't hardly any Smash 4 MMs requested/announced.

And yeah Anther/Axe are your best bets there, although Axe hasn't played much Pikachu in 3.5 and Anther mostly plays Netplay.
Watching Axe's techniques in Melee will get you far though.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I only found like 3 tourneys they entered since November (those two and Esam). Found a guy named File that doesn't look too bad. I was looking for more 3.5. My ultimate question is why aren't there many PM Pikas? Is there something wrong with him?
Edit: Her?

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I only found like 3 tourneys they entered since November (those two and Esam). Found a guy named File that doesn't look too bad. I was looking for more 3.5. My ultimate question is why aren't there many PM Pikas? Is there something wrong with him?
Edit: Her?
Yes, there is.

What happened was, in an effort to "curb burst movement" they butchered QAC and essentially made everyone have to be able to play Pika like Axe to get anywhere with him. QAC was never something that caused the match length issues due to easy stage recovery/punish avoidance (some call these "gimmicks"), which is why they were trying to curb burst movement in the first place among other things like making it close to Melee. However, they somehow determined that QAC was a threat to the Melee balance they were trying to achieve, despite the common knowledge in Pika MUs that QAC is easily and quickly punishable if spammed. In the process they destroyed everything that was fun about him. As much as I am loyal to Pikachu, I can say that it's actually painful to me to play him as he is currently. The exact question that burns in your mind is "Why don't I just play Melee?" There is no advantage to Pikachu now over virtually every other character (besides the other few characters who were also butchered) and if you want to do well in PM and your name is not Axe or another seasoned Pikachu vet, you probably aren't playing Pikachu.

Top Bottom