• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

saturday night smash

Smash Cadet
thanks man I'm trying to make my competitions bigger and yams I judging you on your love of the game if you were really serious about it you wouldn't down I tournaments from out of state because of the distance

'V'

Smash Lord
Zelda too pretty!!

If only Serena were playable. She could've been the next Pokemon Trainer. :(

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, we just had a Melee/PM tournament today in Gautier, Mississippi, and it looks like this is gonna start to be a monthly thing. I'm gonna call the guy who owns the venue and make sure that the date is set but it looks like the next one will happen on January 9th. The venue is great, we have a lot of space and food and the venue fee will probably only be $3 just like it was today.

Once I get the confirmed date I'm going to make a Smashboards thread but I definitely want the New Orleans/Baton Rouge crew to come out. We only had 9 entrants today but I think we can pull around ~25 if people are willing to travel. It's a brand new scene so I would love for you guys to try and make it next month!

Sudai

Stuff here
Tristate is better at brawl/smash 4 though
So, despite me not really caring, I'm bored and way too sober so I'm gonna do this.

The meta in melee/64 are far more developed than brawl/sm4sh. It's just a fact. So in terms of ability to get better at any smash game quickly, you'd still want SoCal as a deeper meta allows for more improvement at a faster speed.

If you're just talking smash in general: With Melee/64, you have to be able to think more quickly and through more mechanics than in Brawl/Sm4sh. Now this might change if Sm4sh randomly gets super technical (doubtful considering Sakurai's stance and the sheer absurdity of tech skill in Melee/64[And we're still finding more lol]).

Soooo,
OoS play is the fastest way to get better unless you live in SoCal.
remains true.

That's not even considering all the things I didn't consider cause I did 0 research/planning on this and thus am just talking out my ass entirely.

Last edited:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
So why the **** did anyone not think it was a good idea to post that there was a tournament going on at laser tag yesterday.

'V'

Smash Lord
I know Curlz usually goes to APEX, and I think Taylor and Entreri (Kyle) are going to play and catch up with each other. Not sure on anyone else, though.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Anyone going to apex? TC123 can I crash with you guys. I'll split on the hotel or whatever.

Top Bottom