• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
Best tourney ive been to so far.

@retired players: please join again! You guys are amazing (Adam,NITEZ)

@guner: you went in too hard. I was completely lost on what to do towards playing you

@jonathan: that match with you and brawlman was bs, I'm looking forward to this explaination

@okuser: always go with your first mind

@NITEZ: I saw you jump when mother nature struck, lol

@eso: I'm proud of you. 3rd dubz, improvement

:phone:

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
The total turnout was about 15-16 people at pingding's tourney. There was 13 entrants in Melee, and a doubles round robin (6 teams total). I left to go eat pizza before P:M stuff started because it was already closing in on 6 pm. We also played some Smash64.

For the record, Dom, we didn't do a MM for pizza like the pic on FB says. We just played around and were too tired to care after all the Melee so Erick bought the pizza because I payed for his entry fees.

RESULTS FOR MELEE

Singles
1. Ken
2. Taylor
3. Me

Doubles
1. Ken + Regg
2. Taylor + Jacque
3. Erick + Me

We recorded the GF for Melee singles which I will upload tonight or tomorrow, if anyone is interested.
Le rust.

But in all seriousness, Taylor (Wangsta) has improved so much. Proud of that little guy.

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
Best tourney ive been to so far.

@jonathan: that match with you and brawlman was bs, I'm looking forward to this explaination

Ok I think there are 2 different game mechanics happening at the same time that's why it looked soooo weird/fake/bs. here's how i see it:

1. Byron you know how i always beat out your jumping fireballs with mario when i use luigi's up smash. this can happen because we all know some moves cancel out/beat low priority projectiles. Anding to this ive always believed that mario and luigi have slight invincibility on their up smashes. well i think mario's forward smash has two his boxes, the (strong) fireball part and the part at his arm (weak). i think the game counts the fireball part as a projectile!! So what happened is luigi's up smash's projectile invincibility caused him to beat out mario's forward smash!!!!!!!

But there is still a problem?!! We all saw that luigi was waaaayyyy too far away for mario to be hit.

2. This happens very commonly (but not like this). Mario's forward smashes' fireball hitbox increased the range of luigi's up smash!!!!!!! so even though brawlman perfectly spaced that forward smash at the very tip of Mario's forward smashes' fireball hitbox, mario still got hit. :cool:

I know all y'all are gonna hate but this is not :luigi2: fault. y'all say he's cheap, some would even say broken, but this proves is he is not broken the game mechanics in brawl are. so there.....

I didn't get to enter but that seemed like a really fun tournament.

Sudai

Stuff here
Isn't Luigi's head invincible during his USmash, not just projectile invincible? Something about moving in to a different part of the ZAxis.

Also, if you hit any hurtbox with a hitbox it extends the hitbox, explaining the extra range. That's well documented. You can go try it out really easily on brinstar if you want as well.

This plus mario's hurt box being extended when he FSmashes due to sticking his arm out.

All of that doesn't sound too strange at all as far as interacting game mechanics go allowing a 'super long range USmash' if I understand the situation correctly.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Luigi isn't cheap or broken just very weird. It feels so awkward to fight against him no matter what character I'm using.

That whole invincible U-Smash thing could be true but I just don't want to believe it. >_<
I hope that match gets uploaded tho so everyone can see exactly what we're talking about.

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm relativley new to the scene and need some people to play with to help me up my game and I figured this would be the place to find them.
I live in BR btw.

I play melee and project M.

BSP

Smash Legend
Mario and luigi's heads are invincible for the Usmash hitbox. You see them charging it? Get the hell out of Dodge.

BSP

Smash Legend
I went on a copy pasta rampage and got kicked out like the criminal I am.

left. I want to focus on school

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
Need to work on a secondary, lookin to hbtc with Adam perhaps to figure it out. Brawlman and I worked surprisingly well together, so much so we won the... TIEBREAKEEEEEEER

You don't want to time chamber with me, I'm terrible.

Shoutouts to Calling to the Night

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Luigi's head invincible during his USmash, not just projectile invincible? Something about moving in to a different part of the ZAxis.
I'm about 90% sure he gets the same effect from shooting fireballs. Mother****er ***** in multiple planes.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
1. JNig - I just can't beat you, not once. Ughhhhhhhhh, though I did feel my pika did better this time, I just can't stand the feeling of running out of kill options. I panic and make dumb mistakes...
That being said I will beat you if it kills me.

2. Gunner - First time making it to GF's...**** yeah:awesome:. Can't wait to watch all those replays.

3. Byron - Good **** on WF! And that rogue F-air in our first set game 3 was awesome lol. Noooo DI. I think you should be a little more patient and focus more on hard combos in that matchup. It's reallllly hard to pressure a patient diddy's shield, and with pikachu's AWFUL trip animation you can punish hard.

4. Li-D - I think there was like a minute left on the clock on our game 3...I gotta say I did not see Lucario vs MK coming for us, but it was my closest match all tournament. Lucario is scary as ****. Sorry that falco pika is a ****ty MU...:(

5. Brawlman - Very very good set. I was considering going MK but I figured you knew the matchup way better than me... Remember to SDI f-air and never let yourself eat the last part of a d-smash (Just what I remember off the top of my head). You kinda wrecked me in doubles though. We should team one tourney (Unless you and Eso become a thing :) )

5. Adam - Well thanks for handing me game 1. Snake pika is probably worse than DK and DDD. Chaingrabs, gimps, juggling...Just don't touch that ****. Your DK is awesome though, and I hope you keep entering tournies.

7. Nitez - Didn't get to see any of your matches except game 3 vs Adam, which was of course hype. Waddle Dee kill was hilarious...

7. Okuser - Stop asking me for advice and then blaming me when you don't like the outcome. You *****

Not sure on placings from here but -

Bomber - If only squirtle was his own character....Pkmn trainer ditto MM? I'll give you type advantage...

Eso - You were doing quite well in doubles. I was getting seriously frustrated at how much you were absorbing lol. If only Taylor wasn't a ***, I think we should've tried MK/Snake vs you. GGs, glad that you'll be back in the scene.

Dave1 - I want a piece of that ZSS. We should ditto sometime, 6 items is hype.

Melee people who entered brawl - Thanks for letting me quick attack lock you all back to back! Seriously though, thanks for entering, and you should come out to brawl stuff more often!

Overall thoughts on the tourney -
DSR + only 6 stages seems way too limiting, and I miss my CPs. I say we stick to the general ruleset (Normal 7 starters but no RC/Brinstar and I guess PS2). Oh and 10 minute timer is meh.
Other than that, really good tourney. I hope attendance only goes up from here.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sure I'll take you on. $5 Pokemon match? I also don't care about type advantage. I will win no matter who you start with.

I only say $5 because I'm a poor college student. :c

Okuser

Smash Ace
1. JNig - I just can't beat you, not once. Ughhhhhhhhh, though I did feel my pika did better this time, I just can't stand the feeling of running out of kill options. I panic and make dumb mistakes...
That being said I will beat you if it kills me.

2. Gunner - First time making it to GF's...**** yeah:awesome:. Can't wait to watch all those replays.

3. Byron - Good **** on WF! And that rogue F-air in our first set game 3 was awesome lol. Noooo DI. I think you should be a little more patient and focus more on hard combos in that matchup. It's reallllly hard to pressure a patient diddy's shield, and with pikachu's AWFUL
Code:
[PHP][/PHP]
trip animation you can punish hard.

4. Li-D - I think there was like a minute left on the clock on our game 3...I gotta say I did not see Lucario vs MK coming for us, but it was my closest match all tournament. Lucario is scary as ****. Sorry that falco pika is a ****ty MU...:(

5. Brawlman - Very very good set. I was considering going MK but I figured you knew the matchup way better than me... Remember to SDI f-air and never let yourself eat the last part of a d-smash (Just what I remember off the top of my head). You kinda wrecked me in doubles though. We should team one tourney (Unless you and Eso become a thing :) )

5. Adam - Well thanks for handing me game 1. Snake pika is probably worse than DK and DDD. Chaingrabs, gimps, juggling...Just don't touch that ****. Your DK is awesome though, and I hope you keep entering tournies.

7. Nitez - Didn't get to see any of your matches except game 3 vs Adam, which was of course hype. Waddle Dee kill was hilarious...

7. Okuser - Stop asking me for advice and then blaming me when you don't like the outcome. You *****

Not sure on placings from here but -

Bomber - If only squirtle was his own character....Pkmn trainer ditto MM? I'll give you type advantage...

Eso - You were doing quite well in doubles. I was getting seriously frustrated at how much you were absorbing lol. If only Taylor wasn't a ***, I think we should've tried MK/Snake vs you. GGs, glad that you'll be back in the scene.

Dave1 - I want a piece of that ZSS. We should ditto sometime, 6 items is hype.

Melee people who entered brawl - Thanks for letting me quick attack lock you all back to back! Seriously though, thanks for entering, and you should come out to brawl stuff more often!

Overall thoughts on the tourney -
DSR + only 6 stages seems way too limiting, and I miss my CPs. I say we stick to the general ruleset (Normal 7 starters but no RC/Brinstar and I guess PS2). Oh and 10 minute timer is meh.
Other than that, really good tourney. I hope attendance only goes up from here.
Excuse me for valuing your opinion. Don't worry it won't happen again.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hey I'm relativley new to the scene and need some people to play with to help me up my game and I figured this would be the place to find them.
I live in BR btw.

LSU hmu....

D

Deleted member

not the way to get people who dont play to come back and enter. you ***.
maybe i should talk **** about beating your pika with ike LOL
(true story)

I live in BR btw.

how old are you? we have lots of of melee players in br but everyone is just casual these days.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Excuse me for valuing your opinion. Don't worry it won't happen again.

You can value my opinion without trying to place 100% of the blame on me when you lose "because" you listened to me. Use your own head.

@Tay hj - They all found the pikachu shennanagins interesting that's why I worded it that way. Melee ***s were cool, and we played for like half an hour...I wasn't being a ****.
Your ike is trash.

Oh and I accept, bomber.

eet

Smash Ace
I wish I enjoyed brawl so I could play with yall, Lolz. Also sorry I didn't go eat Chinese food an such, the rain kinda turned me off to driving. But I havent played smash in like 2 months, someone hit me up at the next br fest -- melee/p:m or brawl .

D

Deleted member

that makes it even worse that you lost to it LOL

and i dont play brawl... but that game too easy

XKCP

Smash Journeyman

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm about 90% sure he gets the same effect from shooting fireballs. Mother****er ***** in multiple planes.
He definitely does. Vids on YouTube of people accidentally dodging falco's lazors.

Up smash head is definitely invincible. Beats MK's tornado.

D

Deleted member

well if you want to come over tues or thurs you can. im free after like 5:30. 225-892-4778

Again if you're at LSU.. hmu. Adam, Dylan, and myself all play pretty often
and if you suck you should go play with them. harsh but true. i dont like playing noobs all day.

Top Bottom