• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lord of Ostia, Hector!

Should he be in

• Yes

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Fire Emblem Awakening. But, I'm planning on getting Fire Emblem Warriors for my Switch when I get one. Yeah, surprise! I don't have the Switch yet. I support!

xNaz

Smash Cadet
As controversial as an 8th Fire Emblem character would be, I can't pretend to hide by bias and say that I wouldn't absolutely love Hector in. Besides, we're still missing 2/3 of the weapon triangle - a focal point of combat in Fire Emblem.

Can we trade Corrin for him

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I doubt we'll be seeing another FE character in the game, but I would love for Hector to be in the game, as he would represent Axes pretty well, since none of the current FE characters on the roster use one.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
Considering 2 of the Fire Emblem characters in Ultimate are Echoes and arguably don't really count and Fire Emblem has become one of Nintendo's more popular series in recent years and Hector has been requested quite a bit, I don't think him being playable is as unlikely as it might seem but I think the real problem is how FE7 is kind of irrelevant. But I got Chrom so I can't be too upset if he's not playable.

D

Deleted member

Oh okay, I found this, of course I'm in. By far my most wanted FE character

D

Deleted member

I know that people like to claim that there are "too many Fire Emblem Characters". But Fire Emblem has a lot of good character choices and Hector is one of them. And one of the most popular choices at that.

I'd be down for an Axe user as well and Hector is the best choice in my opinion. Consider me a supporter.

Stario

Smash Rookie
This thread needs a dramatic revival. Hector would be the perfect character to get into Smash. He's completely unlike all other lords in the game, and would be the first TRUE axe user.

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
This thread needs a dramatic revival. Hector would be the perfect character to get into Smash. He's completely unlike all other lords in the game, and would be the first TRUE axe user.
This man is a genius but I worry that with the potential competition 3 houses rep and the addition of chrom hector seems unlikely which does indeed sadden me.

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
I will say I think with ike becoming faster and less powerful could help hector find even more individuality if he is added as FEs super heavyweight

Stario

Smash Rookie
I almost doubt a Three Houses rep. They already learned their lesson with Corrin, they wouldn't add another pure advertising FE lord.

Stario

Smash Rookie
Honestly this topic could do well with something like a Discord server. It really helped revive other topics I've been following since E3 last year

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
Honestly this topic could do well with something like a Discord server. It really helped revive other topics I've been following since E3 last year
First off thank you for reviving the chat you got me excited again lol. Also, who should make the discord

Stario

Smash Rookie
I could make it, but I'm not the best at keeping them alive. Preferably, the topic maker or some other people who're interested in keeping it alive.

Stario

Smash Rookie
Been almost a month since last post, here's an update on the server.

I've been trying to get partnered with a few other servers, and eventually AA to get as many people as possible thinking of the possibility of Hector in Smash.
It's been going well, got partnered with the Shovel Knight and Geno server, and need a few more people before AA is willing to partner.

Last edited:

Stario

Smash Rookie
Server is now partnered with AA and all set up, don't think anything really needs to be added

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think hector shouldn't be in, not because he's another fire emblem character but because he's a heavy armor character i don't see what can be done that would be cool for him.Edelgard on the other hand...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think hector shouldn't be in, not because he's another fire emblem character but because he's a heavy armor character i don't see what can be done that would be cool for him.Edelgard on the other hand...
Edalgard on the other hand has less than nothing because her game isn't even out yet.

Hector is a fan-favorite character with an established history and unique animations.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
She has some potential since she is a axe user who's not an armored unit she can be quick with an axe while Hector will pretty much be the slow but strong guy nothing interesting you can put walhart or Garon it wouldn't change a thing

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
She has some potential since she is a axe user who's not an armored unit she can be quick with an axe while Hector will pretty much be the slow but strong guy nothing interesting you can put walhart or Garon it wouldn't change a thing
Except Hector could be fasts though. Just because he wears a suit of armor doesn't mean he's slow. Walhart and Garon couldn't do any of the animations that Hector does with his twirling and leaping.

Edalgard would just wield an axe like any other sword from what we've seen. Plus Edalgard's game isn't even out yet and Hector's one of the most beloved lords in the entire franchise.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but when we talk about smash the character need a default to not be op for hector the most obvious thing he can lack is speed. And sure hector is popular but so does Lyn Ephraim eirika and they aren't playable I think if a fire emblem character must happen it will be either edelgard or byleth.

Stario

Smash Rookie
There's other slow and heavy characters in Smash

Stario

Smash Rookie
Except Hector could be fasts though. Just because he wears a suit of armor doesn't mean he's slow. Walhart and Garon couldn't do any of the animations that Hector does with his twirling and leaping.

Edalgard would just wield an axe like any other sword from what we've seen. Plus Edalgard's game isn't even out yet and Hector's one of the most beloved lords in the entire franchise.
I really don't think Hector could be fast and still work. Look at his growths, mate.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I really don't think Hector could be fast and still work. Look at his growths, mate.
Bro if we're looking at stat canon Chrom and Roy would suck **** and Ike would be as fast as Fox.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
There's other slow and heavy characters in Smash
Yeah but how many are really good and fun to play? I like to play the heavy characters but they're just terrible... Would you really have hector being one of the worst characters in the game?

Stario

Smash Rookie
Yeah but how many are really good and fun to play? I like to play the heavy characters but they're just terrible... Would you really have hector being one of the worst characters in the game?
Most of the heavies are somewhat fun to play. Bowser, Ganondorf, Ike, Dedede, and Charizard come to mind

Top Bottom