• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lord of Calamity: Velvet Crowe for Smash

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Probably, but only mildly.

I think this is a really good mockup done by DevaAshera DevaAshera . This would be about Zamus alternate costume level skin showing.
I'm glad you thought so, I was honestly really proud of myself for that one and I think it looks really good still and is kind of a :ultcorrinf: or :ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1: level of censorship that gets the point of the costume across while making it appropriate enough for an E10 game..it would just be down to Namco to okay were such a change to be made.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, there's a new rumor out and of course that means it's time for us to start speculation...

The rumor is that on September 12th a new female character will be revealed that is not fan-requested and will confuse people. There are tons of people that could be, which has me very excited, but...

...Velvet over Lloyd?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
So, there's a new rumor out and of course that means it's time for us to start speculation...

The rumor is that on September 12th a new female character will be revealed that is not fan-requested and will confuse people. There are tons of people that could be, which has me very excited, but...

...Velvet over Lloyd?
Yeah, I was thinking about Velvet honestly. She would be "disappointing" and "confusing" because she made it in over Lloyd and Yuri who are more iconic and popular. I can just imagine all the rage.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was thinking about Velvet honestly. She would be "disappointing" and "confusing" because she made it in over Lloyd and Yuri who are more iconic and popular. I can just imagine all the rage.
The rage will be a shame but I won't be able to hear it over all my hype. Haha. Plus I'm sure once people realize how unique her moveset is that rage would dissipate.

Of course this rumor has a clear timeframe and is an easy fake but who knows?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

...Velvet over Lloyd?
Interesting. Is there any credibility to this rumor? Because if it's true, it's like 90% for sure Velvet. I doubt it unless there's a very good reason not to. Honestly I'm convinced Lloyd will be in because of the Mii swordfighter glitching like Duck Hunt. But we'll see.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Interesting. Is there any credibility to this rumor? Because if it's true, it's like 90% for sure Velvet. I doubt it unless there's a very good reason not to. Honestly I'm convinced Lloyd will be in because of the Mii swordfighter glitching like Duck Hunt. But we'll see.
No credibility at all! It's just an anonymous text leak, but because it has an easy kill date and isn't unbelievably specific or unbelievably nonspecific it's just a fun point of speculation. It doesn't help that the Overwatch Switch case was listed with pictures and then delisted on Amazon yesterday, which got people really thinking.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
No credibility at all! It's just an anonymous text leak, but because it has an easy kill date and isn't unbelievably specific or unbelievably nonspecific it's just a fun point of speculation. It doesn't help that the Overwatch Switch case was listed with pictures and then delisted on Amazon yesterday, which got people really thinking.
That is very interesting. Could we be seeing an Overwatch Switch port? Fatmanonic mentioned that Tracer in smash would be a shock to insiders. But Velvet probably would be too. Did this leak come before or after the switch case?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That is very interesting. Could we be seeing an Overwatch Switch port? Fatmanonic mentioned that Tracer in smash would be a shock to insiders. But Velvet probably would be too. Did this leak come before or after the switch case?
The rumor was posted on the 25th. The Switch case leak came the day after. Very interesting.

I can't lie, outside of the paltry music selection, Tracer would be an awesome Smash pick. The exciting part of this rumor is that I genuinely can't think of a female character I'd be unhappy about.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The rumor was posted on the 25th. The Switch case leak came the day after. Very interesting.

I can't lie, outside of the paltry music selection, Tracer would be an awesome Smash pick. The exciting part of this rumor is that I genuinely can't think of a female character I'd be unhappy about.
Yeah, Tracer would be cool. I'd also love to be blindsided by the next announcement like Joker. But I'm still hoping for Velvet over Tracer.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well I think the 5ch rumor came back with a vengeance, the 4th character is an SNK character with all evidence pointing to Nakoruru. So this bodes good news for her.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well I think the 5ch rumor came back with a vengeance, the 4th character is an SNK character with all evidence pointing to Nakoruru. So this bodes good news for her.
got to say, love the touhou icon there. Shes from the new game right?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That means the next fighter, if this is true, is from an already repped company. So, Velvet? Phoenix Wright? Another Square character? A first party? Exciting! I really hope the SNK leak is real!!

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd like to believe the 5chan rumor but anyone who claims to know the ballot results gets a big fat hmmmmmmmm out of me.

Velvet would be super hype but currently not getting my hopes up (maybe a Berseria port will get announced at least?).

Night Gale

Smash Ace
This betch is a sacred concoction of Zero from Drakkengard 3 and Guts from Beserk with a touch of Ragna the Bloodedge and Lelouch vi Britannia for good measure.

I'm a fan of hers, to put it mildly. I was going to register here as Crowe, as a matter of fact, but that was already taken.

Sign me up. If we get Velvet she better have a Magilou color swap.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I think the final character will be from Namco and Tales is quite likely to get a character. While some people think it will be Lloyd for sure, I actually think it is between Yuri and Velvet. While Yuri would be cool to have, I prefer to see Velvet.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Velvet would definitely be unique and awesome, but I've all but given up. Imo it's 98% Lloyd with 1% Velvet and 1% Yuri.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Lloyd would be cool - a Lloyd and Collette tag team fighter would be pretty crazy - but I wouldn't count Velvet out just yet. She's always been a super long shot but I think there's something to be said about the power of her unique mechanics.

That said, Bamco has tons of potentially great picks. I'm thinking it's Heihachi's time, but perhaps not for the pass... But I doubt that if DLC goes long enough we won't get both Tales and Tekken rep.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
I think Velvet has a decent chance due to her fighting style providing a more unique quite than either Lloyd or Yuri. Berseria was out IIRC when Sakurai made the Lloyd outfit/comment and since then she has been in a few Tales games (the crossover ones) which gives her some spotlight. Also Sakurai stating that fun to play is more important that recognizability which puts even more favor on Velvet managing to get picked over Lloyd or Yuri. Let’s hope she makes it in!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I do think Velvet has an edge over yuri at least. Lloyd is the big request. Velvet had tons of uniqueness. All Yuri has is popularity, but not within the smash fanbase. Lloyd has him beat there. In terms of likeliness, I think it's Lloyd>Velvet>Yuri. People make the Cloud argument, but Yuri isn't anywhere close to the same league as Cloud.

D

Deleted member

Also Sakurai stating that fun to play is more important that recognizability which puts even more favor on Velvet managing to get picked over Lloyd or Yuri. Let’s hope she makes it in!
Did Sakurai also say that in the Japanese demonstration of Terry?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I know everyone is set on a Tales rep, most expecting Lloyd but would love Velvet, but I think the sleeping Bandai Namco Pick is KOS-MOS, which i think is as likely if we get a bandai rep

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Hoping for Velvet to be our Tales rep too on account of the GIANT DEMON CLAW HAND. With that and her kick fighting style, she'd be awesome.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
What up I finally decided to boot up Berseria and I'm in love add this poor jaded soul Sakurai
I just bought Berseria actually, so I know what you mean..she'd definitely be more unique than Lloyd or Yuri and provide a very unique sword & kick-based moveset with specials possibly taking advantage of her gnarly arm.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Since this board is alive again, Have you guys seen the Bayonetta Glitch thing?

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
I support Velvet Crowe, Lord of Calamity in Smash.

A potential soundtrack listing she could bring in like
Rising Up
Zaveid the Exile
True Will
Theme of Velvet

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
She's the Tales character id support the most (along with Sorey, i just love him)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
How'd this thread get active again? I don't remember people posting here since like a month after I made it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Given the 5chan dropped content leak that's popped up recently, I felt like I'd share my theory that spawned from it
My theory is that Lloyd and Yuri were placeholders for until Sakurai decided on which one he'd go with. My other theory is that they were intentionally pushed off to DLC to see if Tales of Berseria would do well, to see if Velvet would be a viable option as well. Seeing as Berseria was largely met with praise, it's possible that Velvet could be chosen as DLC now that the test has been successful.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Given the 5chan dropped content leak that's popped up recently, I felt like I'd share my theory that spawned from it
As much as I'd love that reality, that's still Velvet having to go up against both the fan favourite and the legacy character, one of them also getting a promotion factor around that time too due to Vesperia DE

7NATOR

Smash Master
Perhaps this could be the case. the weird thing though is that Berseria is not on Switch yet though. Perhaps that could be ported later

The one thing I want to say though About Velvet is that she fits my 201X Theory

Bringing Back the '80s - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Hailing from the '90s - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

The Year Is 200X - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Right now we are in the longest drought between these ERA Based Tourneys. So a Theory I had is that the 201X tournament is being saved for a Character that debuted in the 2010's, and perhaps this is their Character based Tourney.

The other interesting thing is that Min-Min debuted in 2010's, and Steve in this game is classified by his Java Release, which came out in 2011. It would have been perfect to Have the tourney after Steve came out, however Sephiroth has come and still no sign of this Tourney

The characters I had in mind initially was

Monokuma
Freddy Fazbear
Wraith

However Velvet I realize also fits this theory, since Berseria came out 2016.

There's also the notion about Lloyd's costume might be saved for another RPG Character (perhaps more Specfically ARPG), or Another Tales of Character, and Velvet would also fit that

7NATOR

Smash Master
I mean

:ultjoker:

He's a thing and Persona 5 still isn't on the Switch
That's true

I guess it's because I noticed that Starting with Min-Min, on the Official Smash bros Site, they added an Link to the Character's Home game in the Eshop. Because of this there's a thought that perhaps with FP2 picks that they want to have more characters that have games on Eshop and such

Joker and Banjo don't have links because they don't have any games on Eshop

However because of that, I guess there could be more outliers in this pass like those Two. Plus I had a thought that with Min-Min being first (and usually the First characters are supposed to be the ones that are more exciting), that one of the reasons she might have been the first character was because she does have a Switch audience, and had discussions about ARMS Character in Smash

So with that thought, I think perhaps one of the Next Three characters will not have much Nintendo History. Like Monokuma, Velvet would fit this thought since her game currently isn't on Switch

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That's true

I guess it's because I noticed that Starting with Min-Min, on the Official Smash bros Site, they added an Link to the Character's Home game in the Eshop. Because of this there's a thought that perhaps with FP2 picks that they want to have more characters that have games on Eshop and such

Joker and Banjo don't have links because they don't have any games on Eshop

However because of that, I guess there could be more outliers in this pass like those Two. Plus I had a thought that with Min-Min being first (and usually the First characters are supposed to be the ones that are more exciting), that one of the reasons she might have been the first character was because she does have a Switch audience, and had discussions about ARMS Character in Smash

So with that thought, I think perhaps one of the Next Three characters will not have much Nintendo History. Like Monokuma, Velvet would fit this thought since her game currently isn't on Switch
I'm expecting two characters without strong Nintendo connections at most, but at the very least Velvet's series has a history of being on Nintendo, even if she hasn't. It's more of a Cloud situation than Joker. Sephiroth doesn't count, seeing as FF7 got a Switch port before he joined.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Velvet Crowe is one of my favorite main characters of any game and one of my most wanted characters in Smash. I personally feel she offers a lot more to the game than Lloyd or Yuri. I never really liked Lloyd and always found him pretty annoying. Yuri is also a great character but I don’t think he stands out as much compared to the Fire Emblem characters in the game. Velvet would have a really unique moveset utilizing her demon arm and would be a lot of fun to play.

Top Bottom