• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The little touches. What ones do you want to return?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Every time we switch smash bros game they either gain or lose little things that the others had. Brawl in particular got a lotta flack from obsessive fans for losing some. So what ones do you want to return and why.

For me, from Smash 64, the unique ending pictures instead of funny screenshots. It was cool but with Brawl adding the screenshot ability it lost meaning somewhat.

From Melee, Bowser's SFX. Might me nostalgia speaking but I preferred the sound work on Melee Bowser, especially the Whirling Fortress attack.

And one small touch from Brawl I'd like to keep, the sticker drops, just make it slightly easier to get all the random ones.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I want them to keep the tripping aspect for SSB4. For it has cost absolutely no problems whatsoever and people love it ! :awesome:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Melee's sound effects (Brawl's are dull and boring); compare Pokemon Gen IV's move sound effects to those of Gen V for a respective comparison.
Post-match bonuses.
Good trophies.
The Lottery.
Oh, and a really little thing: Having rotating 3D models of the characters on the select screen, like the 64 game. I liked that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I want Toon Link to have YLink's milk taunt. And Mario should have something similar to Doc's Melee taunt.

Are character specific Target Tests a "little thing"? Because I'd like them to return.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
I would like a quick, simple, non-mind-numbing way to spend coins on trophies/stickers/etc in the next game. Brawl's Coin Launcher makes me nauseous just looking at it now, and I can't remember the last time I found anything new with it.

After all these years I'm still missing some stickers, but I continue to sit on 9999 coins because it feels like such a horrible chore to spend them and I would have to play the repetitive launcher thing for hours without stopping to even have a small chance of getting anything new. :(

I would even be happy if they brought the Melee lottery back... At least with that it told you what your chance of finding a new trophy was.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Melee's sound effects (Brawl's are dull and boring); compare Pokemon Gen IV's move sound effects to those of Gen V for a respective comparison.
Post-match bonuses.
Good trophies.
The Lottery.
Oh, and a really little thing: Having rotating 3D models of the characters on the select screen, like the 64 game. I liked that.
I loved Brawl's sound effects! I liked that Brawl was all realistic and kind of felt like a bunch of antiques, if that makes any sense. The dull, washed out colors fit perfectly (no sarcasm intended, I really liked it).

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, I don't know if it's a "little touch". But I want SSB4 to include all stages from Smash64 up to Brawl, and ofc SSB4s' own stages as well.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, I don't know if it's a "little touch". But I want SSB4 to include all stages from Smash64 up to Brawl, and ofc SSB4s' own stages as well.

Edit: Phone went full ****** and double posted, would be grateful if someone can delete this post :)

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Board The Platform
Race To The Finish
Waddle Dee's parasol
Functional warp pipes in the Mushroom Kingdom's stage

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Make Giga bowser a boss again and not with a health bar like brawl bosses you have to knock him out exactly like melee - despite how sick as he is being bowsers FS...i rather him be a boss...

Ugh...actually..lol its really hard because bowsers my main too...lol...can i have both? XD

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
I want a Melee-style adventure mode. Subspace Emissary was a step in the right direction, but it got pretty boring. I'd like two different adventures.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
Metal Mario story fights! Not specifically Mario, but one day years ago I was playing story mode and had to fight a metal samus, the way she moved (fast falling and whatnot) inspired me to main her in Melee.

Little things like that could change the way you play a game forever :awesome:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The funny Brawl Animations,
Luigi's head getting implanted into a wall he collided with if you fully charged his side-b,
Snake covering his ears if a grenade landed close to him
The way Jigglypuff twirls while charging its down smash.

OH and dont forget the secret codecs with snake and the starfox characters!

I don't necessarily want these exact features back, but animations while charging smash attacks and some sort of secret that happens when taunting on a stage with a certain character.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Board the Platforms
Character-individual Target Smash
Melee-styled Adventure Mode
Lottery and viewing the entire trophy collection at once
Those little hidden textures in stages and models you can't see without messing with the camera :)

Uranium235

Smash Cadet
Race to the finish as a small detail which i would like to be in ssb4, but as most people would probably agree melee's airdodging (along with l-canceling) is a key mechanic to making the game more competitive

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I want Falcon's old flexing victory pose back. The current one is pretty underwhelming, even if it has fire. The Melee one was so over the top with how he screams at you and everything, I just miss it so badly.

Also, Fox and Falco's old voice actors, I've never heard anyone scream in such agony as when KO'ing them. More to Fox: I don't want Fox to say "Fire!" with his B-Up, I want him to go all "HHEEYYYAAAH!" like he did in 64 and Melee.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Some of the voice acting lost a little something in brawl especially in the taunts. Kirby's Hiii sounded so much more "tauntish" in Melee.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I want the Parasol to return as an item.

I want Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish to return as stadium games.

I want the animations for charged smash attacks to stay.

I want a better selection of trophies and less annoying ways to get them (I'm not a fan of coin launcher)

I want to see retro stages from all 3 of the previous Smash games.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I want the Parasol to return as an item.

I want Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish to return as stadium games.

I want the animations for charged smash attacks to stay.

I want a better selection of trophies and less annoying ways to get them (I'm not a fan of coin launcher)

I want to see retro stages from all 3 of the previous Smash games.
This guy knows his ****!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
The vibrant colors of 64 and Melee. What's the point of a Nintendo crossover when you take away the thing that makes Nintendo games so visually iconic? If they could use a lighting/shading style similar to the Galaxy games, I would love that.

Top Bottom