• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The limbless fighter, Rayman for Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed, for a likely character in FP2, why isn't there a thread on Rayman here?

Anyways, here we go!

Why Rayman?

Rayman is one of the most wanted fighters in SSBU alongside other fan-favorites. What’s not to like about this guy? He’s limbless and already fits the criteria for a unique and original fighter. Personally, Rayman is one of my favorite childhood games, and I have many memories that reside with playing Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

Evidence for Rayman

No spitballing here, there is quite a bit of evidence for Rayman. Of course, this is supposed to be a moveset, so I’ll make this somewhat quick, skip over if you feel needed, but i’m doing this for the fun of it.

Rayman is popular and highly-requested

Rayman’s trademark got mysteriously renewed back in November 2019, meaning that Rayman was given to some third party for use.

Ubisoft (company behind Rayman) is a really good partner with Nintendo, as they’ve worked together several times before, such as creating the game Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Nintendo chooses these reps, and they have to be careful when looking for third-parties. Ubisoft has supported Nintendo tremendously, it would make sense that they would want a rep for Ubisoft in Smash.

When Byleth got added, both the Rabbids and Altair (Assassins Creed) Mii costumes got included with the release, which shows well enough that Ubisoft is still willing to work with Smash Bros and Nintendo.
The fan rule that spirits deconfirm fighters has been broken, giving hope for Rayman who was a spirit.

Rayman might (yes, might) be trapped under the ice on Battlefield. While it could just be an optical illusion, it seems mighty convincing that it might be Rayman, it just looks that convincing coming from a longtime Rayman fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom