• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Light Bow: a Guide to Pit's Arrows v 1.1

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While trying to ignore Lol_master's comment, the loop arrows are pretty good to me. First time i did it to my friend he was thinking, "WTF? Pit's arrows are like homing missiles now!"

ok jk
but seriously, The guide is still useful. And the Loop arrows are useful as well in certain situations. I'll be using Pit's arrows more efficiently. That is if i can increase my accuracy.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
It takes alot of practice to increase accuracy, but I admit. Remind me sometime and I'll tell you about the time my arch-rival actually did a arrow-loop while making a glide recovery and actually hitting me right before he made a glide-cancel and basically finishing the fight with a KO Smash :p

Esca

Smash Champion
Hey man, for some reason, i just don't find the Target Test video appealing...all that means is that you did that for like an hour over and over. Anyone can shoot arrows at non-moving targets, but using them in matches, now that is useful, my friend.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
That's why its under the bonus section. You want to Pit ditto? texas is fairly close to AZ (at least compared to like east coast.)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
haha. glad you like it. i think i may need to update it soon although i don't know what else i would add at the moment besides that loop arrow that i can't even do.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
nice, I'm going to still main with mario, but pit is definitely my second. This works out great...

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
haha. glad you like it. i think i may need to update it soon although i don't know what else i would add at the moment besides that loop arrow that i can't even do.
i practiced my loop arrow on the diamond and pearl stage. just have someone in front of the pokemon then go down into the cave. see how many times you can hit them in a row. my record is 4. and do you have anything on the "dead zones" of the arrows? that would be a nice addition.

Alou

Smash Cadet
Amazing guide. I haven't been using arrows as often as I should apparently. I will use practically all of this when I can do it all. Thanks for the info!

kupo15

Smash Hero
wow, that is really cool. Nice find. Too bad I don't have a C stick :(

So what I found that works for me is, I hold completely down right after i let go of B and release the joystick at the right time when the arrow is released.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really like this guide. Not only is it for Pit and his amazing arrows, but it really helped me with aim, and strategy with the arrows. Id like to thank this guide for teaching me more about the arrows when I began playing. Arrow looping gave me many kills now, and I still love the pics that go with the Guide ^^

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
hey guys, thanks for the added stuff there at the end and i'm glad it helped you admiral. Sad to say, i probably won't take the time to update this guide again since I don't play Pit anymore :(

aznpercussionboy

Smash Cadet
Amazing guide that really helped! Thanks.

Not sure if this has been discovered yet or will help in anyway, but I did notice something interesting when I was in training. When you hold down B to charge the arrow and make it worth more damage, Pit releases the arrow after 2 seconds. However, while you are holding down B, if you make Pit aim up, right, left (etc, etc) in quick, random motion, Pit doesn't release the arrow until 4 to 5 seconds later. You can time it so that you can move the joystick in the direction of your opponent right before Pit releases the arrow.

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
Another thing you should add is that if you hold b and move it in directions quickly you can hold the arrow even longer

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's arrow stalling, Kmaru.

As for Arrow Looping, and my newly adapted Arrow Rain, I could help out with arrow looping considering how I have been using standard arrow looping for 3 months.
There are other topics that mention arrow looping and its variations.

And you should play Pit again GamerGuitarist7. While you have been gone, all of the new stuff we discovered, you really gotta try them out. :)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
well right now i'm not going to be starting Pit any time soon because i'm training my snake marth and CAPTAIN FALCON for a tourney in two weeks. Forward, on the other hand, is learning Pit for doubles with me at that tourney, but I don't think he's doing singles. Someone should PM me threads so I can relay them to him so he can master the new Pit techniques.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
well right now i'm not going to be starting Pit any time soon because i'm training my snake marth and CAPTAIN FALCON for a tourney in two weeks. Forward, on the other hand, is learning Pit for doubles with me at that tourney, but I don't think he's doing singles. Someone should PM me threads so I can relay them to him so he can master the new Pit techniques.
You can have Forward talk to me, Kupo, Kown, and Sagemoon, for we are Angelic Veterans. There are others around here, but we are pretty much active.

Top Bottom