• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legends of Zelda

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
This is my first foray into fanfic-ing here on Smashboards, so I hope you enjoy. If this thread gets any traffic (likes and/or comments), then I'll continue to post. If not, then oh well. ^__^

The courtyard garden was bathed in cool, clear moonlight, illuminating nearly every detail for the watchful night guard posted atop the south wall. Only nearly, though. His sharp eyes still missed the surreptitious shade that moved below him.

A cowled figure crept purposely across the yard, merging with the patterned shadows created by the trees and clouds. It made its way slowly to the lit window centered on the south wall directly beneath the sentry’s watch point.

The figure reached the base of a tree that sat just a few yards from its destination, close enough for it to peer through the translucent stained glass of the cathedral-like window and see the shape of a young woman pacing restlessly. As the interloper began to move forward once more, a sound clattered loudly on the other side of the courtyard. The figure froze, now in open view between the tree’s shelter and the window, and the alarmed guard above began scanning the yard with his eagle-like vision.

The shadow bit back the indelicate curse on its tongue and dove lithely at the base of the wall, sprawling against it below the window sill. It remained motionless for several long moments, waiting for the guard’s attention to slack again. Satisfied that it was as safe as it was going to be, the figure reached one hand up and eased the window open noiselessly. It gripped the sill above with both hands and vaulted backward into the room beyond, a half second before the sentry looked down directly below himself to see nothing but a flicker as the window swung shut.

The young woman within wheeled in surprise. “Calm yourself, Princess,” spoke the black-cloaked figure crouching in the center of the ornately decorated bedchamber. “You were supposed to be expecting me.”

“I have been expecting you for some time,” she replied in a cold tone, drawing herself up stiffly. “And I am queen of these lands, not ‘princess.’ I should think a member of the legendary Sheikah tribe would understand the distinction.”

The Sheikah tilted its head, and an almost inaudible chuckle escaped it. “As you say. Are you ready, Queen Zelda?”

“… yes,” she responded after a moment’s hesitation, suddenly much less confident. “Lead on, Sheik.”

Thanks for reading! So you know, I like to start with a teaser of sorts, so I know there's missing info. I'm already working on the next part, which goes back and starts to lead you up to this point.

Top Bottom