• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Latest Movie You Watched

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I totally didn't steal this from another site...

But yeah, post the latest movie you watched with a rating and an optional review.

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction- 6.5/10

Don't understand the hate for this movie. It's way better than ROTF and DOTM, IMO. Lockdown was badass, the Dinobots were badass, and no Shia LaBeouf or Megan Fox makes this film watchable.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.0/10

I don't watch much movies so this was back when the movie came out in August.

Great movie, nice storyline, humour and everything. Probably my favourite Marvel movie till now.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Alien (1979) - 10/10

One of my favorite horror films of all time. The chestburster scene is one of the most disturbing and well done moments in film history. I highly recommend this film.

Poketroopa

Smash Rookie
TMNT 2014. I personally liked it 8/10, but most everyone else I've talked to had nothing but bad things to say about it.

D

Deleted member

If I Stay.

Basically Edgy Teenager The Movie. Featuring underage sex and ****ty indie rock.

El Penguino

Smash Rookie
Not sure if documentaries count, but I went ahead and weatched "Man on Wire".
T'was a nice movie about a man wirewalking the twin towers. The whole setup and planning was just great and each individuals persons personality and mindset going into it was nice.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Jurassic Park 3 (2001) - 6/10

The biggest problem with this film in my eyes is the fact that a 12 year old kid can survive on a dinosaur infested for eight weeks yet two mercenaries that "come highly recommended" can't survive for five minutes (this is NOT an exaggeration). Also, the Spinosaurus fight against the Tyrannosaurus was about as accurate as Death Battle's Peach vs. Zelda. I would actually call it more inaccurate; a Tyrannosaurus' bite force is ridiculously strong (recent studies show that a T. rex bite is like having an elephant sit on you), yet the Spinosaurus casually shrugs off two bites and proceeds to neck snap the Rex, which couldn't happen in real life since dinosaur hands aren't pronated. Granted, it's stated the Jurassic Park dinosaurs are "theme park monsters" but you don't kill off the titular character of a series and expect people to like it. The Velociraptors are too damn smart. Like, damn, they know how to snap necks. Not even the Raptors from the first film were that smart. Though I can deal with "Supa smart Velociraptaz" because it makes them quite badass. I quite like this scene:

And you gotta admit, there were some really good quotes.

*Dinosaur roar*
Billy: That's a Tyrannosaurus.
Grant: No. Something bigger.

Billy: (When trying to identify Spinosaurus) It's a superpredator. Suchomimus?

Amanda: So this is how you clone dinosaurs.
Grant: No, this is how you play God.

Grant: You probably won't make it off this island alive.

EDIT: Got another one
(After learning that Billy stole Velociraptor eggs to fund Grant's dig site) Dr. Alan Grant: Best intentions? Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions. You're as bad as the people who built this place.

In short, Jurassic Park 3 is okay but adds nothing to the Jurassic Park franchise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I I've been watching the Saw movies. I liked them, but most of the traps don't really disturb me.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 9.9/10
If the score I gave didn't give it away, then let me just say I have extreme bias towards this film. This was the first I ever watched that gave me nightmares as a kid (not even the ReDeads in OOT scared me as bad as the tyrannosaurs and raptors did), and I remember playing with the toys that came out with the film all the time.

Plot overview:
A research team is sent to the Jurassic Park Site B island to study the dinosaurs there while another team approaches with another agenda.

As for the film itself, it has plot holes. There was no reason for Nick Van Owen to release the captured dinosaurs. Nick shouldn't have pulled the bullets on Roland Tembo's gun (this one I can excuse, as several of the hunters are seen with rifles, you can even see one firing what appears to be an AKM at the T. rex). But, these plot holes actually make sense, as Nick is a member of Greenpeace. So aside from the plot holes, the story's pretty good. You can really tell this (and the first film) were based on books when comparing it to JP3. The special effects are pretty spectacular. Out of all three films, the tyrannosaurs look their most realistic here. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

In this scene, I have to remind myself they're using CGI.

The Lost World also features two of my favorite scenes in films. The first is Lurkers in the long grass.

The second is Eddie meets the folks.

I love the soundtrack as well. Personally I like The Trek.

There aren't as many good quotes as the other two films, but there's still a few.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, that's how it always starts, with "Oohs" and "Ahhs." But then later, there's running, and then screaming.

Roland Tembo: All I want in exchange for my services is the right to hunt one of the tyrannosaurs.

Dieter Stark: (While staring at a Compsognathus) Gives me the creeps. Like it's not scared.
Dr. Robert Burke: That's because there hasn't been any visitors to the island. It has no reason to fear me.
*Stark tasers the Compsognathus, prompting a shocked look from Burke*
Stark: Now it does.

Roland Tembo: The Rex just fed, so he won't be hunting for a while.
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Just fed? I assume you're talking about Eddie? You might show a little more respect, the man saved our lives by giving his.
Roland Tembo: Then his problems are over. My point is, predators don't hunt when they're not hungry.
Nick Van Owen: Yeah, only humans do.
Roland Tembo: Oh, you're breaking my heart. Come on! Saddle up, let's get this moveable feast under way!

If you're a fan of action/adventure movies, give The Lost World: Jurassic Park a try. I also recommend the novel, as it has some examples of "overkill" ever.

Top Bottom