• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The last line game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Here's a new one I thought of just now.

First person posts a sentence like "The freezer was broken". Next person would have to come up with a quick little story that uses the sentence from the above person as it's last line. So, if the person above me used "The freezer was broken" I would say something like:

"He dashed down the sidewalk like a drunk cab driver (lol). Mike shoved through a group of old women and jerked around the bend. He cradled a container of ice cream in his arms and glared at the hill. "Almost there" he thought. His head was sweaty and the icecream wouldn't last much longer. He nearly stumbled on a bump in the pavement, just saving the icecream as he tumbled to the ground. He lept back up and sprinted up the hill until he got to his apartment building. He ripped the door open and took the stairs. He fumbled in his pocket to get the key, shoved it into the slot and bashed open the door. He could feel the icecream bleeding out of the box. He blasted open the freezer door and realized something horrible. The freezer was broken."

This took me 3 minuites to make up, so please, if you're going to participate, put in the effort to make an acceptable story.

Not example: "He went to get some frozen vegtables. The freezer was broken". <<Doing this more than once will get you banned from playing (i.e I will tell everyone to ignore what you put in and not qualify you to win)

Now, this isn't just another one of those ongoing games with no purpose. This is a competition! "w00t? A c0mpetiti0n?" Yes, a competition! Every seven stories, I will stop the game and do a quick Write with your power type judgment on the seven (See below for judging details) quick stories. Whoever wins gets their name put in the first post in the winners list.

Now, the WWYP style judging. You will be graded on 3 subjects:

Adherence to promt: How well did you encorperate the given sentence? (Don't worry too much about this one, it's hard to explain well). Also, how creative were you in using your sentence? Possible 10 points.

Style: How was your style? Were you descriptive? Did you have character depth(A nice touch, but hard to get)? All those kind of elements. Possible 10 points.

Enjoyment: Self explanitory. Was the quick story enjoyable? Was it draggy and boring or exiting and fun to read? Possible 20 points.

NOW!: I am NOT trying to make a mini WWYP contest here. This is just a game where I encorperate wwyp elements to make it competitive and more fun (And to encourage better stories).

ALSO: Do NOT specifically try to make a sentence that is IMPOSSIBLE to make a story for. Like "The dragon and the witch fell into the lake where the silly sock puppets were." Basically, don't be specific, and don't try to comand the story with the last sentence.

ALSO: You can do a comedy story. It can work if you do it well.

ALSO: Try to use proper grammer and all.

Now, I will post the first sentence. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Sentence: "The fruits were all splattered on the ground. "

And....Go!

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I at first thought of eating them off the ground, like I normally do with food, except then I discovered that they were fruits, and I had a strict diet of chocolate and pie. I was thinking back about my school, where a guy in an ugly jumpsuit would take a mop and was the gunk of the floor. unfortunately, I didn't have a mop. "A broom will do just fine," I thought, as they looked sort of similar. by the time I was done, the floor was the same, and now the broom was all messed up. "i don't have a mop, but I have water," i thought to myself. so I got a bucket of water from a hose in my backyard. I dumped it all over the kitchen floor, and then filled the bucket up again and repeated. since it was winter, not only did I catch a cold because I went outside in my shortsleeves and shorts, but the water I dumped turned to ice. "at least there's no splattered fruits," I thought as I was examining the Ice "and now going from the sink to the table is fun!" but since my mom was coming back soon, I had to buy new fruit. so I drove to the supermarket-which wasn't a great idea because I was only 7 years old-and bought some fruit. when got back to the house I went in the kitchen to put the fruit in the fruit basket. unfortunately, forgot that there was Ice in the kitchen. the fruits were all splattered on the ground.

"my breakfast was ruined."

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
After considering the benefits against the cons, I decided that some cereal would be a good idea this morning. However, I noticed the distinct lack of milk in the fridge, and had to find something else to pour over my it. While looking, I decided to throw some bread into the toaster, just for kicks. However, me being me, I thought "Why not butter the bread BEFORE I put it in the toaster?". So I put butter and chocolate spread on the bread. Whilst hunting for a clean plate, I found some Kool Aid, and thought it'd be a viable replacement for my milk. However, I also decided that if I was going to have something different on my cereal, I'd make a snazzy breakfast routine, and make it look awesome, like they do in movies. So, as the toast popped up, I threw a plate at the two pieces of bread, hoping to catch them both with the momentum of the plate, and make them all land on the worktop together. Unfortunately, they were just propelled into the wall, leaving a sticky mess on the tiles. However, I had not seen this, as I was busy pouring Kool Aid with my feet whilst doing a handstand. I accidentally knocked off the cereal onto the floor, when I tried to kick it onto the table whilst breakdancing. My breakfast was ruined.

Edit: Forgot the next sentence...."And the raccoon pointed and laughed."

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I was eating dinner one night and remembered i needed to take out the trash. I picked up the bag and went outside. I was about to put the bag in when i heard a tear. I looked at the bag and it broke. Frustrated i began to put the trash into the can. when i was finished i started to head inside, then i heard a noise. I turned around and saw a racoon eating some of the garbage. I stared at it and was walking backwards. When i turned back around i ran straight into a tree, and the racoon pointed and laughed.

"The VHS didnt work."

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Ford was demolished. In all his life, even when his father died of embarrasment, even when Betelguese five was taken down by a collapsing Whatever-the-hell-that-thing-was, and even when he had left the best party in the world to play Krikkit-
Belgium.
He had lost his copy of Casablanca. The only thing he had ever wanted to watch, and be happy. He had been searching the galaxy for any other movie that may have a strong resemblance to it due to the theory of recurring civilization due to the near infinite amount of worlds.
Or he could just ask Eddie to make another one. And so he did. Thank you Infinite Improbablility drive, Ford would have said, if he was the type of person who thanked anybody/thing.
He plugged it into the universal video device, or UVD, and---
Belgium! it was a pay-per-view! Seeing as he wasn't ever going to pay for anything himself
The VHS didn't work.

Eh, that wasn't that good, but the sentence was in my opinion, a little to specific. No offense, that's just me.
If this makes no sense to you, go read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the five-part trilogy. Or just go ahead. It's very...amusing.

Ummmmm....
"And Eddie never saw his mushroom again."
Or if you do not have any sense of humor,
"The mushroom was soon eaten."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom