• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The last days of smash 4

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
So if you've been reading most of my threads, You know i'm quiting smash 4 because of ultimate. So I decided to have my last days of the game. DAY 1: So first I completed every mode with my main sonic. Then did all the challenges, because I was close to finishing all them. Then I did all the modes again but with my 3ds main, dr. mario. Then I played on training practicing my combos so I know what to do in ultimate. DAY 2: So the next day I did all the modes (again) with my secondary kirby. Then I checked my trophies and I had a few 2 characters in classic mode to do still (I used a hammer on the challenge). Those characters were luigi and zelda (Sorry luigi and zelda mains). So I finished up those 2 went on smash and played some cpu matches. Then on 8 player smash. Then headed back on training to practice some more, then closed off. DAY 3: Now I did a bunch of single player stuff, Time to head online, Practiced a bit like how I ended the other days. Now time to head online. Played for glory matches. Then spectate. I learned some new combos on spectate. So I trained and ended the day a bit early. DAY 4 DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY: Yes, It is a majora's mask reference. I basically did the same thing from the other days but speedrunning them. Then I was done. I enjoyed everything I wanted to before. I never owned dlc but ultimate is coming so I can try them. So I went to the home menu, ready to sell the wii u. Went to the settings, and clicked on erase all content. It was done. My wii u is ready to sell. I eject sm4sh. I couldn't find it's cover. But time to sell it. Unplugged it, now it's ready.

What were your last days of smash 4.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
>What were your last days of smash 4.

Ongoing. I don't think I'll quit smash 4 just because of ultimate. They're different enough.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's very baffling that I'm seeing these kinds of topics. If I'm not mistaken, Melee and Brawl were still able to keep their competitive scenes, so I'm pretty sure that Smash Wii U will maintain its competitive scene as well. After all, Smash Wii U did fix up the flaws that heavily plagued Brawl's competitive scene.

D

Deleted member

Smash 4 was a good game, but im done with it. Time for a fresh start, new game, new mindset.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
It's very baffling that I'm seeing these kinds of topics. If I'm not mistaken, Melee and Brawl were still able to keep their competitive scenes, so I'm pretty sure that Smash Wii U will maintain its competitive scene as well. After all, Smash Wii U did fix up the flaws that heavily plagued Brawl's competitive scene.
Melee is melee, the most distinct and fast paced gameplay in the series
Brawl only survives because of PM type mods

4 will be completely outclassed by ultimate. Ultimate builds off of four, and appears to do everything better. Shouldn't be too baffling, it's very likely that 4 will be obsolete after ultimate comes out

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
We still have what 16 days? I still play Smash4 about a hour each day. I also like having the HD Zeldas and Mario 3D World and being able to play Wii games. I wouldn't get rid of mine just because I have a Switch.

How much can you get from selling a used Wii U anyway?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
4 will be completely outclassed by ultimate. Ultimate builds off of four, and appears to do everything better. Shouldn't be too baffling, it's very likely that 4 will be obsolete after ultimate comes out
I wouldn't jump to conclusions too soon. Smash Ultimate's mechanics could end up being distasteful to some people, especially considering that it's harder to pull off a perfect shield now.

Anyway, you could always hack Smash Wii U if you want to fix up the movesets for certain fighters.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Yes, that's why I said "appears" and "is likely"

And yes you're right mods will exist.. but it will easily be the least played

Last edited:

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
Guys I decided i'll keep my wii u. I'll make a thread about this topic later.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes, that's why I said "appears" and "is likely"

And yes you're right mods will exist.. but it will easily be the least played
Obviously, you need a Wii U system to play Smash Wii U. Accessibility will certainly be the biggest issue that Smash Wii U will be dealing with.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My last day of Smash 4 I presume was at my friend's house, before I discovered yesterday it had been almost completely destroyed by a fire sometime earlier this month. My old Wii U was in there and we would play it pretty much whenever I came around.

Most of the fun I had with the game was the first few months following its release. So with any luck I'll get to have the same once I start playing Ultimate. It'll be heartwarming seeing old faces again.

SmashDrone_07

Smash Rookie
My last day was today. I just played it because I was bored. I was the first time I had turned on my dusty Wii U for a year

Nah

Smash Champion
It's not so strange to me. The other Smash games still have their scenes yes, and Smash 4 will likely retain one as well, but it will likely, like the others except Melee, be an immensely smaller scene. And to the majority of people, that's effectively the same thing as a dead scene.

There's also little reason right now to, in the face of Ultimate, stick with Smash 4. Most of the reason to play Smash 4 lied in the fact that Brawl is terrible and the other games are not nearly as accessible to the general populace as Smash 4 was/is. So what happens when you don't have that going for you anymore? While it's still too early to know if Ultimate really will be as good or better than its predecessor (and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if balance is a big mess on day 1 like in Smash 4 and the other games), it's still lost its big draws. We now have another accessible Smash game that will likely at least be better than Brawl (and keep in mind that while Smash 4 is an improvement over Brawl, Smash 4 is not without its own issues) and it even has the entire Smash 4 roster with even more characters of top of that, plus it's on a newer system and will be getting patches.

Now, if SmUsh ends up defying the general expectation and is an irredeemable dumpster fire, then we will likely see a revival of Smash 4 as a competitive fighter. But for now we'll have to see what happens in the coming months, although it's not really crazy at the moment to think that Smash 4 may be at the end of its life as one of the more played Smash games.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
If you can't find a good conditioned Wii U, or even a used Wii U system, then you would definitely have problems; that's the only real road block for Smash Wii U.
Idk how you can say that. Literally every new iteration of smash has sucked the life out of the previous one. The exception is melee, which as noted, is because of its drastic gameplay differences. And even melee doesn't get as many people recently as smash Wii u does

Wii u smash is currently in hospice care. In two weeks, it's probably going to be on life support. I'd be surprised if you saw it anywhere other than smashcon

Last edited:

itsjustoskar

Smash Rookie
NNID
alexxblass
i won't quit smash 4 but I can't get smash ultimate yet since i don't have a switch yet, but still wouldn't quit the game because I wanna still know more about it.

Top Bottom