• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Largest Arms in the World

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I love to assembling a team of underused Pokemon and then beating someone with the overused ones :laugh:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
That is a term I have been wondering about for a while: "friendly".

What exactly IS it? Everyone here seems to play competitively, meaning they want to **** their opponents. What is so "friendly" about THAT? Does it mean a battle between friends? I used to think of friendlies as playful battles not taken seriously, but it seems as if friendlies are competitive as well now.

Here is a better question: What battles are NOT considered friendlies? Tournament matches? Well, yes, I am pretty sure if you are asking for a battle that it can be conveyed as tourney or not.

Here is an even BETTER question: Why am I asking such silly questions over a silly term?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
question 1: it's just a widely used term for a non-tournament match.

if there's something to prove, or something on the line, then i suppose it can be called 'seriouslies' lol

question 2: you're in a talkative/ranty mood

friendlies < seriouslies < mm's < tourny

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Kawaii Bunny, we miss you at wink wink nudge nudge D:
You better be on tomorrow!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
T_T! I'm really hoping I can get it back tomorrow. I miss yew guys.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Hehe. GGs sir. :]
GGs ma'am. I would have liked to play moar, but apparently my dad is tinkering with the connection again >_>.

Anyways, I would really, really like to play you more often. :) I could really use some practice against the characters you use. I'm trying to train Fox to be a mongoose (and kill snakes), and Lucario needs to learn the IC matchup (nana chasing is soooo fun ^^). I had some pretty good plays and combos in there, but you're so darn good at killing early T_T. I think my favorite was the shinespike on pikachu. Oh, and your tech chases are insaneeeeeee. Thanks, I had a lot of fun ^_^ (even though I got rocked). Btw, do you have any advice or anythin?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
CHOK GTFO! :mad:

A lot of people just go one way, then the opposite direction, then attack wake up, then just lay there. ;x

Thanks LotM. They were fun but I have to go for a little bit anyway. -.- My best advice is don't do the "normal Lucario stuff". Like, FAir to DAir every time. And a lot of other Lucario stuff. It's really easy to see coming.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nope it's more like chasing the roll or wake option

a real 'tech' is when someone gets spiked onto the ground and then chased (term comes from melee where it was much more likely)

sry bunny i troll ppl on otl cuz i wanna play them and make them want a piece of me :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol chok, you silly goose.

Okay, time to play mother hen for an hour or two. Bbl. ;___;

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Smells good doesn't it?
:)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
levi, sry for being late

but i won the matches and my opponent confirmed

i think late confirmation is more fair than a coin flip..

would anyone like to play me?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
lololol

haha you own at life Cyrus xD
Haha why thank you my dear friend. =D

I'm going to go get groceries. Then play majoras mask probably on my wii.

:).
For that simple statement, I now hold you in a very high regard.
Yes, I'm fickle like that. Did I mention that Majora's Mask is the best Zelda, if not just the greatest game of all time?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
**** guys, I broke the first rule of dating someone.

I became the best friend. **** **** **** **** ****

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Majora's mask is EASILY my favorite zelda game. It's gameplay is so different than the other ones

Glyph you can always...change that

I'm dating my best friend right now actually.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Okay, I'm getting a little frustrated, now. I've been waiting to hear SOMETHING about the columnist position for Smashboards, be it yes, no, or maybe; but haven't heard a single thing yet. I sent the guy an IM and an email, but even though he's online, he hasn't responded. I don't know how much pestering is considered proper in this circumstance.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
If you are talking about JV, he takes FOREVER to get to ****, but I thought he would be up on that ****.

Dunno though. Just wait it out a couple days.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
**** guys, I broke the first rule of dating someone.

I became the best friend. **** **** **** **** ****
Hahahahahahaha I love you bro, you're so funny. XD

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I am indeed talking about JV (didn't want to say). The thing is, though, that he expected to know by the end of the week... two weeks ago. A couple more days is sort of a moot point.

The thing I don't get is that it's not like I'm asking something of him. I'm the one that would be doing the work in this; which is why I'd like to know from a scheduling standpoint if I'll be setting time aside for this or not. :ohwell:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm finding it significantly less funny, ha. But that's what I get for breaking the code.

EDIT: JV is notorious for taking a long time, along with the whole MLG staff. Thing is, this is not his primary job. He's got a lot of stuff that outpriortizes us, sabes?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
...I really hesitate to ask her. I keep getting the impression that someone would get infracted for asking her to pass the salt at a dinner table. :)

You know I'm just kidding, Azua. (^_^)

Top Bottom