• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The L-Cancel of Dair

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
When exactly do I must L-Cancel by a dair into a shield? The opponent is always faster than me. Is it at an other time, than he doesn't shield? And is it at an other time when it's a FJdair or a shffld?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
When exactly do I must L-Cancel by a dair into a shield? The opponent is always faster than me. Is it at an other time, than he doesn't shield? And is it at an other time when it's a FJdair or a shffld?
FJdair and shffld dair should have the same exact timing for L-Cancel. It doesn't matter which it is.

There is a slight difference in timing of L-Cancelling when the opponent isn't shielding and when he is. When it comes down to it though, L-Cancelling is the same for both; you hit L or R as soon as you hit the ground with the aerial, no shield or not.

That being said, when you shuffle into a shield, you would L-Cancel slightly later because of the shield stun. With smaller characters like jiggs or pichu, it's a lot easier to l-cancel against then say, mewtwo. Mewtwo's taller and has a bigger shield, thus, you hitting the shield earlier and being easier to be shield grabbed.

Top Bottom