• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby MU

1ne Up

Smash Rookie
NNID
1ne_Up
Okay so I finally got to enter my first competitive smash tourney and decided to stick on Cloud as my main, and I did pretty well, the only thing that gave me trouble was this Kirby player who is currently undefeated at the local i participated in. His fundamentals were outstanding compared to mine but i also realized i have no clue on the Cloud v Kirby MU and i'm needing some pointers and what to look out for how to approach properly etc.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I wouldn't approach. Kirby has approaching issues and short range so I'd think you'd want to play very defensively and focus on limit camping and walling him out with aerials.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
^ solid advice. There is nothing kirby can do if you do well spaced fairs and nairs (even if he perfect shields it's pretty safe). That and use blade beam alot in this MU. Kirby when he gets in, can do damage, but because he is so immobile, he has a hard time doing so vs Cloud. Do you have any footage of you playing vs this kirby?

1ne Up

Smash Rookie
NNID
1ne_Up
No, as of now they only stream their melee sets.
Me and my friend next week will be bringing our Capture Card and Mic so hopefully we can get them to stream the Smash 4 aswell

Top Bottom