• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby Cap Compendium Version 0.1

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ok guys, this is basically just something us kirby users can utilize when we can't seem to get those kirbicides in and just settle for getting their ability. Every character has so much in depth analysis on each of their moves....why not steal it like we steal their cap? Basically, on different moves(snake's grenades are an EXCELLENT example), people have made long long lonnnng guides on how to use them effectively(grenade cooking, etc.). The fact is, even if we use their ability, unless we learn the same tricks they do, we'll always be the lesser versions of it. So in order to help us equalize the effectiveness of our caps, I'm compiling this guide(more of a set of links) to threads that are truly informative about the abilities that kirby can copy from the other forums. Consider it a reconciliation mission =]. Of course, I don't have the time to find a good thread for every ability, so I need other people who browse other forums to post links to any useful threads about an ability kirby can copy so I can edit a link into the first post. If you have a short, but ACTUALLY important note about the ability from a thread, but it'd be a waste to reference just that one post with a link, just copy it in "quote" format and post the quote so I can just edit the quote itself into the first post(an example of a good thing to note would be that lucario's aura spheres do/don't do more damage as kirby has a higher damage). Get the idea?

P.S. I'll steal pictures from another thread and credit them. If I can't find that, I'll take my own screenies =]

Alright here's the roster and their moves!

* Bowser: Fire Breath
feardragon64:
This move is great for just racking up damage. Especially since you'll edn up using this against bowser, he makes such a big target that it takes longer for him to get out of it. I like to do this from a SH approach with kirby, and sometimes two jumps just to vary it up. Just remember to end it with enough time to evade one of bowser's attacks after you stop it. Still, I recommend you just go for the kirbicide here since launching bowser under a stage will probably be the death of him.
* Captain Falcon: Falcon PAWNCH
feardragon64:
This move is honestly very limited for actual use. It can give you some horizontal distance if you tilt it upward when recovering(and some people would be too humiliated to actually get hit by it while you're recovering so they won't try and edgeguard you maybe? xD. Other than that, it's nice if you know you can get some sort of setup where you know you can use it, but it's night a very likely scenario. To me, this can be absorbed as an intimidation tactic, but it's best to just go for the kirbicide in this case since it's harder for falcon to get the horizontal distance if you spew him out far enough =]
* Diddy Kong: Peanut Popgun

* Donkey Kong: Giant Punch
feardragon64:
It's actually a relatively useful attack that gives kirby kill power. It comes out faster than a falcon punch(though it doesn't have kirby's awesome imitation voice in it). Unfortunatly, donkey is heavy so you'll have to rack up more damage for this to work on him the first place. To be honest, go with the kirbicide here since he's pretty easy to gimp like bowser. =]

* Falco: Laser with stun
feardragon64:
Honestly I think this is a must have for kirby. You can choose between this and the kirbicide, but often times people ask how to get around falco's lazer spam. The usualy answer is duck. Me? I say you spam it right back at him. I honestly don't think the kirbicide is that great against the space characters(I prefer to just dair them when they up+b) since they're open targets. Anyways, this is a matter of choice. If they're incredibly campy, I would recommend going for it. If not, you can still go for it just because this one has a nice stun that is great when accompanied by a SH(which is even lower to the ground because of kirby's height! I find that useful for stopping a falco that wants to get in too close and just giving myself a little more time to setup. =]
* Fox: Laser without stun
feardragon64:
Not the same thing as falco's since the stun and fire rate make a huge difference. I normally don't bother with it since it's only semi-useful against a campy fox(you guys can basically make it like a sudden death match) if you don't crouch. But since I don't find that very useful against the space animals(who can usually get the first hit in against me), I prefer to pass on that. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend it too much unless the fox is incredibly campy.
* Ganondorf: Warlock Punch
feardragon64:
See captain falcon's, but take away the horizontal recovery and make it even slower....What do you get...? Something you SHOULDN'T have. Honestly just go for the kirbicide here...

* Ice Climbers: Ice block Projectile
feardragon64:
I don't think this move is that useful since the big thing for ice-climbers using this move is having two of them being done at once(or really close to each other time-wise). Kirby only launches one though. I suppose it's alright as a decent projectile every so often. Still, I would go with the kirbicide since even if you don't make them loose a stock, you can at least get rid of one of the ice climbers =]
* Ike: Eruption

* Jigglypuff: Rollout

* King Dedede: DDD Suction

* Link: Arrows

* Lucario: Aurasphere
CaliburChamp:
Kirby's Aura Sphere always does around a set amount of damage. It does as much damage as Lucario's Aura Sphere if Lucario was at 100% damage. So Lucario's Aura Sphere is weaker than Kirby's at 0-99%. But it's stronger than Kirby's at 101+ more percent. Same goes for the properties of the move, speed that it travels, size, knock back, and damage done. Overall, Kirby doesnt gain the boost though like Lucario can, but its stronger than Lucario's at low or 0% damage.
* Lucas: PK Freeze
A closer look at Lucas' neutral B
http://smashboards.com/showthread.ph...hlight=neutral

* Luigi: Green Fireball

* Mario: Red Fireball

* Marth: Shieldbreaker
Shieldbreaker In-depth analysis
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166145

* Meta Knight: Mach Tornado

* Mr. Game & Watch: Cooking

* Ness: PK Flash

* Olimar: Pull Out And Throw Pikmin

* Peach: Toad

* Pikachu: Thunderbolt

* Pit: Controllable Arrow

* Squirtle: Watergun

* Ivysaur: Bullet Seed

* Charizard: Fire Breath

* R.O.B.: *Beep* Laser

* Samus: Charge Shot

* Zero Suit Samus: Stun Shot

* Snake: Grenade
How to Cook Pineapples: Stupid Grenade Tricks
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165922
Grenade Techs!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157442
Grenade Stripping. Snake is NEO?!?
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157592

* Sonic: Homing Attack

* Toon Link: Arrow

* Wario: Bite

* Wolf: Giant Laser Shot

* Yoshi: Egg...thingy

* Zelda: Naryu's Love

* Sheik: Needles]

Hope everyone finds this thread useful =D

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Reserved post to post update comments

First post: The body of the post.

Edit 1: Added Snake, Marth, and Lucas links.

Edit 2: Created a better format for everything. Also included an initial sample of the "quote" format under lucario.

Edit 3: I play n64 too much. Changed jiggly's from puff punch to rollout.

Edit 4: Added a few of my own opinions on each of the moves. I'll finish my comments and add the ones from the Kirby All Star guide later.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see the usefulness of each ability, i've been dieing to see something of this nature. Thanks! Even tho t!mmy made a list similar these both still lack the usefulness and things.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
...D-Donkey Punch?

X_x;

It's supposed to be called GIANT Punch. Whatever I'm not gonna rant about it too much.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Haha, ya I've been somewhat busy in the past few days. I'll see if I can give some advice on each of these moves from my own experience. Please feel free to debate them.

And I'll change it to giant punch...I was too lazy to look it up and was deciding between that and bigass punch >>

Top Bottom