• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kings & Queens of the Shm'ups - Mii Gunner Competitive Discussion Thread

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Thread Make. Feel free to discuss what you think about Mii Gunner in competitive standards, this includes Matchups, which will be added to the OP when I get to it, as long as you kind folks help out. :4miif::4miigun:

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Been messing around with gunner recently.

Seems most combos follow up from fair cancelled into the ground or off of a bomb or grenade.

Auto cancelled fair can lead into a lot of things at low and even somewhat higher percents such as dtilt, dsmash, ftilt, fsmash, flame pillar, Nair (off the ledge) and another fair.
Examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n87t1bN5r4k

Bombs and grenades can be comboed into pretty much anything if timed right.

Also, a nice kill setup if you have charge shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbnMDLRb8oI

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Gundash. That is all I even have to say. Being able to "wavedash" easily (unlike Bowser) and follow up with one of Gunner's great tilts...it's really just amazing.

Last edited:

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
it's a bit hard but its possible to double b-reverse the grenade. basically you run in one direction, jump, input the neutral special button, immediately press the opposite way, and after a short moment, press the original intended way. if done correctly, the gunner should bounce back and forth as s/he throws the grenade.

101Leafy

Smash Rookie
Gundash. That is all I even have to say. Being able to "wavedash" easily (unlike Bowser) and follow up with one of Gunner's great tilts...it's really just amazing.
Yep, the big advantage that the gundash has over the bowserdash besides its increased range is that you can do it with any moveset you like. Bowser requires customs, but even if a tournament forces participants to only use the 1-1-1-1 set for Miis, the gundash will still be usable.
Thanks for the tip about following it up with a tilt! After doing some experimenting, I've found that it works really nicely with all of them. I think this improves the Mii Gunner a lot.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Yep, the big advantage that the gundash has over the bowserdash besides its increased range is that you can do it with any moveset you like. Bowser requires customs, but even if a tournament forces participants to only use the 1-1-1-1 set for Miis, the gundash will still be usable.
Thanks for the tip about following it up with a tilt! After doing some experimenting, I've found that it works really nicely with all of them. I think this improves the Mii Gunner a lot.
Yep, I found it's particularly good for DTilt KOs, as DTilt KOs around 130%, is fast, and just compliments the gundash extremely well. FTilt is good for an approach and good if you whiff your gundash. Up Tilt is the least useful due to its small hitbox, but can score a suprise KO at around the same time as DTilt.

I'd also like to point out that, even outside of its offensive and defensive options, Mii Gunner moves faster gundashing as opposed to running.
It's a shame most people don't give the mii fighters a chance, as they're all good in their own regard.

Top Bottom