• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King vs. Everyone Else Guide. (updated 5-19-08)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
bumpity bump

I need some assistance from those who play lots of Peach or Zamus players, as I don't play them at all where I'm from. (VA) I have been updating slightly as I learn things on my own though. If there is a thread that you feel is really good about them or any character i dont have completed, or you would like me to address an issue with a certain character go on and say it here.

Psychotic Penguin

Smash Cadet
How do you fight yoshi? The yoshi always egg camps once he gets a chance. Even when I throw waddle dees at him, I cant get him because DDD moves a tiny bit making him hit me in a little bit. When I dash at him he hits me with a smash attack. What should I do?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Thanks for the info, I am now a more seasoned player. It's also a very easy to read guide, no pages on just how to beat Meta Knight. Thanks!

Kresent

Smash Cadet
Since this was bumped, might as well say. . .

"Lastly, do not worry about Lucus or ness abosrboing a Bolt of Lighting from Waddle Doo; They are vulnerable during this time, the damage recovered is usually negligable, and if you are close by, they won't risk it if they are smart."

Not true. Lucas/Ness can absorb around 60% from a full Waddle Doo lightning bolt.
That's hardly negligible.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
okay, I'll give you that. But let me also say that I don't give them time to do that, and I try to make it so If I do throw it, I'm at least mid range, making it unsafe to do so.

Kresent

Smash Cadet
They probably don't care if it's unsafe so to do. They can probably heal more damage in the second it takes you to get close enough to attack than what you could deal. And if you actually try to do something big, like a forward smash or dash attack, they will be fast enough to get away.

My point is, unless you're directly in front of them (In which case, they'd be stupid to pull such a move), then they gain more from trying to heal. It's only a few seconds before the Waddle is done and Lucas would have 60% back. None of DeDeDe's move can do 60% on it's own.

Kresent

Smash Cadet
So you debunk my theory just because YOU don't think it's plausible.

As someone who is trying to help people with match-ups against other characters, you should be willing to test these theories, as opposed to laughing at them and dismissing them without a second thought.

If you're not willing to test things out and only put what you THINK is true up there, then you should probably just pass the thread off on to someone else to make, because you're not handling it properly.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
what? where did you get all that from? anyways, what you said was true.

btw, made an update to the guide today everyone.

Top Bottom