• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Patch Thread!

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Didn't see a thread yet, so here we go! Lets post some initial impressions! First of all, WOW he's faster. I can true combo grab confirm off an autocancelled fair on sheik at around 33 percent. Never used to be able to do that afaik.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Personally, I didn't notice much of anything.

Top tier nerfs and A+B = 100% chance of pivot fsmash are great indirect buffs.

GingyCTMF

Smash Rookie
I just tested run speed side by side on my 3ds (unpatched) and wii u (patched) and it most certainly is NOT changed. same old speed buddy, sorry

Godman

Smash Rookie
I don't come to the ike boards often but I did notice this thread seems to be lacking some love so I am going to ask something...

Does the second hit of ike's jab always connect now? Because I remember at higher %s or floatier characters would sometimes cause the 2nd hit to miss?

Or have I completely lost it?

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
i am the only seeing that all his smash attacks and f tilt comes out a little faster?

Reetrider

Smash Rookie
i am the only seeing that all his smash attacks and f tilt comes out a little faster?
I got to play 1 match this morning and I thought some attacks seemed just a little quicker than usual. I have not played in a while though so I could be completely wrong.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I felt like fsmash got more KB but I don't have unpatch to tell lol

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
It seems like F-tilt is a little faster also, is it me or did his jump height seem to have been nerfed a bit?

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
No noticeable changes off the bat for me. Did a couple of online matches just to get a feel. Can bust out the unpatched 3DS when I get home later and do some documenting if someone doesn't beat me to it.

COLDRAMEN

Smash Rookie
NNID
WARMRAMEN
There feels to be less landing lag on f-air and it seems that his down tilt cancels faster. This is a good day

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Granted it was 5 AM at the time, I was probably just seeing things. It just seemed faster for some reason.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ftilt still clanks with other frame 15 moves, so I don't think that's any faster. Maybe 1 frame at the most, but I doubt it.

COLDRAMEN

Smash Rookie
NNID
WARMRAMEN
The hitbox on b-air feels increased for the most part, I keep hitting all the reversed b-air's I'm going for. It also feels faster for some reason, but most likely not. His jab also feels faster, but I think we will need a post patch and pre-patch person to confirm most of the changes.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Ftilt still clanks with other frame 15 moves, so I don't think that's any faster. Maybe 1 frame at the most, but I doubt it.
Backing up ftilt being more or less the same. Doesn't seem changed to me.

SimplyClutchh

Smash Rookie
I have a pre-patch 3ds and patched Wii U. As far as Ike's overall speed, he seems the same to me. That's including running speed, all smashes, ftilt, dtilt, fair, etc. I haven't tested hitboxes.

So far, I can't find anything major. Kinda disappointing, I was hyped for Ike to get buffed since he was considered pretty low tier in almost every list I've seen. We already got buffed last patch though, so I guess it's fine.

mimicmatter

Smash Cadet
Anything about his specials ? Like super armor on Eruption, or anything change about Ike's Counter ? I tested Aether and he can't still grip the ledge from behind.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
Damn. I could have sworn there was a difference in his running speed, I never remember him being that fast.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
If it turns out he doesn't get anything new this patch, I think I'm ok with that. Most of the situations I've had issues with have been less about what Ike has needed and more about how it seemed the opponent was just slightly too fast or xyz. I'm interested to see where Ike lies in the competitive scene with everyone else's changes.

The Head Tardo

Smash Rookie
I did find that there is a new wind animation for tempest, I also feel like Ike has less lag in his air game now, but that just might be me.

Last edited:

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Lol with all these placebo effects, I'll be willing to say sakurai summoned the unknown forces of beyond and buffed our intuition instead so that now we can see that which we were ignoring about ike and will hopefully suck a lot less from now on.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Why else would I leave this thread open? :troll:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Lol with all these placebo effects, I'll be willing to say sakurai summoned the unknown forces of beyond and buffed our intuition instead so that now we can see that which we were ignoring about ike and will hopefully suck a lot less from now on.
So instead of buffing Ike he buffed Ike players? That's some next level balancing.

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103

So... was Ike's counter always this powerful, or was it just that I countered a tipper?

Aquasition

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8948-2851
Ok, it might be a placebo, but can someone check if eruption has a bigger hitbox behind Ike?

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
To be honest, though I was expecting nothing to change I'm rather disappointed they seem to think Dair is fine.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
To be honest, though I was expecting nothing to change I'm rather disappointed they seem to think Dair is fine.
Well if they changed dair too much then you might nOt be able to do easy nair into footstool into dair lock combos anymore.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Is D-air no longer playing the Meteor sfx for anyone else? I've attempted it on both Wii U and 3DS and the Meteor Smash sfx doesn't play on either.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Could've sworn it always did 10%. I remember comparing it to Furious Eruption's 7% on Sandbag in between rounds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom