• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ice Climbers' grab-release combo.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. So far, this has only been tested in Training (I discovered it only this afternoon, and nobody I know plays Smash), so I'm not sure how this would do against a human opponent. But it works in theory...

- Grab as Popo.
- Start pummeling, make sure you don't accidentally break the grab.
- After a while (depending on %), start repeatedly pressing A so that Nana does only her first jab attack. Don't let her do the second one. It's just a matter of getting the timing down.
- At this point, one of your jabs should break Popo's grab.
- Opponent will receive hitstun, and if he's a heavyweight / fast-faller, landing lag.
- Dashgrab as Popo while your opponent is still unable to do anything.
- Repeat.

I'm not sure if this also works on the characters who "jump" out of a grab, but it probably does, since you're not letting them get away by themselves. Anyway, any thoughts?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I sometimes do this...
Except I don't break the grab with a jab. I just walk forward (careful not to throw) and wait for the release to regrab with the other Climber. It's sooooo slow though lol. Oh, and you have to keep pummeling them or they might jump break.

I'll have to try with the jab, though.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You got the grab. You should just kill them with a CG.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
The damage output in this would still be pretty slow. Even then, you still need to walk forward per each release and in most cases, the stage you will be on will give you only a short period of time to finish them off before you get hit by a hazard...

lain

Smash Master
THat's exactly my point. There's no need for like a bajillion grabs, or comboing someone out of the grab (IC cg's won't be banned. ever.).

You just need to learn 1 you like and can do 95% of the time AT LEAST. then **** people. *shrugs*

Noraa

Smash Lord
once again lain has spoken

hes right jsut learn one

i only use 2, fthrow footstool to ib and bthrow to dthrow

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I've been to a tourney where they limit alt grabs to 5 (I think).
I would prefer to footstool them instead, but this could be another option...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Banning/Limiting grabs is so stupid.

If you're gonna ban those grabs, you might as well ban MK too.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you 100%
There's not many tourneys by me, so I can't be choosy about avoiding tourneys with grab limitations.
That is why this could possibly be useful.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, it's dumb. I should know since you and I are in the same region. xD

There is this tourney in Michigan though coming soon that sounds like fun. I really wanna go but I dunno if I can because of school. 3:

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
LAME.
I doubt I'll be able to travel to Michigan for a tourney anyway =/
I lucked out, though. The bi-monthly tourney is only like 20 minutes away from my house.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
you called?

also, what tournament are you talking about kawaii? the one in west bloomfield? or AA?
Some tournament in Michigan on February 27th until March 1st. I dunno if I can go or not. I really want to though, lol. =/

It's on the front page on AiB.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Lain why don't you think Chaingrabs will ever be banned?

I dont think the SBR will ever make it so, but most tourneys in Texas have banned it last time I checked. I think more tourney hosts might ban it in the future if enough people from the region complain about it.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
EDIT: I just discovered a use for this. What if altgrabs are banned?
If this ever happens, then MK, D3's inf, jab locks, yoshi's inf release on wario, peach's inf release on wario, ect should all be banned as well.

Seriously, anyone who bans altgrabs is a moron/whiner/doesn't know how to space. People who would ban altgrabs do so on the basis that it's unfair. If we removed all the unfair things in brawl, it wouldn't be a game anymore.

Top Bottom