• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "I Hate White Pikmin" Club

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
Too many times my combos and finishers have been screwed over by these little *******s. I just wish they'd never show up sometimes.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've had many a finisher ruined by them as well, but i also appreciate the riskless 30-40% they can often tack on if your opponent gets caught in a bad position

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
its not that i can't keep track of it, it's that you don't really have time to do anything about it in the heat of a combo.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's like when you want to latch a pikmen or F-smash at a certain distance, but you get a purple pikmen instead. This is something that makes Olimar challenging, because sometimes you'll have to micromanage your line.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, I love the little whites. Whenever I see one in my line I try to get him to the front as soon as possible to throw and hopefully rack up some damage.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
White Pikmin own. Their knockback, especially on throws, is so pathetic that they set up combos even at high percentages. Add that with their grab range and they're your best bet at mid-percentages for throws. (At high percentages, of course, you're better off going for the kill, ie Blue Bthrow or the like, and at low percentages any Pikmin will set up a combo.)

asob4

Smash Champion
i just watch my line and any time i see them i wait to latch them lol
though i admit, they can be annoying when there's more than one and you're not camping

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
White pikmin are good for the beginning of the match, and when you want your opponent to focus on other things (like focus on getting they pikmin off while you pick some more)... it also works nice when your opponent is trying to recover. It's a great way to rack up damage.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
Awwww, don`t be "hating" on the White Pikmin.

And who said that you had to use them as a finisher move anyways?
I agree with Ultimatum479 , they are excellent for throws.

shanus

Smash Hero
dont only think to latch white pikmin, they have their combo uses ^^.

i.e. Hitting them with a fair at the peak of your jump often allows for a FF fair (preferably red or yellow) just before you hit the ground. This can then be linked to a variety of other things a la psuedo marth combos in melee.

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
I enjoy these little guys for their damages, obviously.
But they work well for combo starters even at high % because of their naturally weak state in physical strength, but I can't help but admit these guys tend to come in the heat of a 90%+ last stock each situation, and it doesn't help...I pulled out 6 pikmin when I got the chance in a recent match just like that..the order?

White
Red
White
White
Yellow
White

I was stunned I pulled out so many, though I didn't have time to "purge" so it became extreme difficult to defend myself D:

Its a bittersweet feeling oh white pikumin

SHIRO PIKUMIN NI WA...DOKU GA RU....

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
I pulled out 6 pikmin when I got the chance in a recent match just like that..the order?

White
Red
White
White
Yellow
White

I was stunned I pulled out so many, though I didn't have time to "purge" so it became extreme difficult to defend myself D:
if my opponent were at 90% and I pull this its a guaranteed kill...
-whistle the white to the front
-throw all 4
-dash in while your opponent is busy dealing with them and u-smash

you people need to learn to control your line and take advantage of situations like that

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
If you really are doing a combo you already know the order your pikmin are in. So you throw the white one as soon as you get to it or makes sure it is coupled with a better pikmin, purple one, during a down smash.

It's not a combo if you don't know what you are doing.

Besides the second I see my order I plan what I'm going to do. You should to.
The main reason is the opponent doesn't understand Olimar and won't realize what you are up to. Remember that.

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
if my opponent were at 90% and I pull this its a guaranteed kill...
-whistle the white to the front
-throw all 4
-dash in while your opponent is busy dealing with them and u-smash

you people need to learn to control your line and take advantage of situations like that
i think you underestimate how easy it is to "deal with" pikmin.

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
i think you underestimate how easy it is to "deal with" pikmin.
no sir! Ive been maining olimar since the game came out (due to a very unnatural love for the pikmin games) and if you just try to watch your line. as in just know where white pikmin are at any given moment then whistle/throw them away when needed and slowly start to notice purple pikmin and so on, you can master your line in no time... well slowly :p

and as Dr.Hyde said once you can control your line and manipulate them perfectly your opponent doesnt stand a chance

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Watch your Line!!! White pikmin are amazing if you keep track of where they are!! Sorry, I like clubs, but this one isn't for me!! lols

fkacyan

Smash Hero
They only do a crapload when they grab on when thrown by your Side-B.

Lern2managelinez

Carelson

Smash Rookie
Watch your Line!!! White pikmin are amazing if you keep track of where they are!! Sorry, I like clubs, but this one isn't for me!! lols
I like clubs too, I won't join this one though because im not racist...

joke hehehe

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
I like white Pikmin. Good throw, so you can annoy your opponent while he/she can't do anything. :)

AzureDrag0n1

Smash Rookie
Are you crazy? In beginning of a match I got 2 white pikmin. I threw them both and then grabbed the enemy. After the throw his damage went from 0% to 106%. That is INSANE. No character can do that much damage in just 3 moves so quickly. If I managed to smash him in the next move he would have died. Almost got a 4 move KO.

fb, fb, then grab and bam they are near death. What is white pikmin damage anyway? Something near 50% if it lasts the full duration I think.

Top Bottom