• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hunger

JustPlainDoozy

Smash Rookie
Brawl is when things got interesting for me. I was in college and everybody was hooked on C.O.D Modern Warfare 2.

That game was like crack.

But because I went to a party school, people wanted something that everybody in the room could play together. So I brought out my Wii and started up Brawl.

At first it didn't get much attention because it was so cartoonish. Then when the females started showing love, it quickly became competitive. This is how I picked up my first main, Zelda.

Random people started coming out of the woodwork, showing up at my dorm to play Smash. Then people started bringing Smash 64 along with their own TVs.

One of these guys was a Yoshi/Ice Climbers main who was VICIOUS af. One night, everybody in the dorm was sipping on whatever when one of my dorm mates challenged everybody in the room to Brawl.

This guy was a fraud but he had a big New York mouth and he was my close friend.

The Yoshi main stepped up to the plate and crushed him with Kirby, while my friend had chosen Zelda. To avenge him, I picked up that Zelda in a revenge match and 3 stocked him.

Now I find myself coming back to Melee, a game that I've played sparingly throughout the years. A game that I've seen played on a pro-ish level face-to-face.

I'm so happy to see this game has survived through the years. I have so many good memories with Smash... now that I've seen what Melee's metagame is like, and good life decisions have put enough time in my hands, I've got this hunger to push the game beyond its limits.

Hello Smash World

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

JustPlainDoozy

Smash Rookie
Hi! Thanks for the greets. All the glitter and colors is... pretty cool.

I look forward to smashing it up with everybody.

A guy at one of my local game shops said that Richmond, VA has a few tournament spots so I'll be looking for those soon.

I plan on going with a friend of mine. I honestly need to get my tech skill up some more first, I'm sure he does too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom