• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hot Seat w Eagle Smash

Eagle Smash

Smash Cadet
Hey, folks, TZ| Sai, here.

I go by several different tags depending on who I'm with or what I'm doing, but overall, that's irrelevant. This is a shared profile, however, so I decided to headline this with my name.

Anyway, as it goes, Eagle Smash is a smash community based in Statesboro, Georgia, near Georgia Southern University. if you happen to be in the area, hit us up on our Facebook page, Eagle Smash.

Anyway, on to the Hot Seat.

The Hot Seat is a video series of sorts, but more importantly, it's performed on a live stream.

What happens is this: A player (and this does not have to be just our local players; visitors are valid candidates, too) is selected to chair "The Hot Seat". The Hot Seat must fight in 3 sets against each and every other player available for that day. The Hot Seat may elect to fight in any additional multiple of 3 sets against the final player of the day, as the usual order of opponents is very roughly based on skill level.

The purpose of this regularly twice-weekly event is to drastically increase The Hot Seat's skill in a very small period of time with near overexposure to an extremely wide and diverse skill range and set of play styles.

I welcome any of you to check us out, either on a day that your main is in The Hot Seat, or because you enjoy watching Project M, or you just like to criticize or observe others.

Maybe you'll learn something or you can contribute to the community with your own insight.

Anyway, I'll be posting events the day of or the day prior to said event.

Our twitch page is at 'EagleSmash' but I don't yet have enough posts to link directly to this site or our Facebook page. This will be edited in the future >_>

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Seems like a great idea. I'll definitely tune in when i can. Are you capable of archiving the twitch VODS if someone happens to miss the live stream?

Eagle Smash

Smash Cadet
It appears so. Hilariously, I can't yet post links because this is a fairly new smashboards account, but I'll edit this post to include the link for last night's Hot Seat when I satisfy the requirement.

Eagle Smash

Smash Cadet
We actually don't have a Mewtwo main, here, yet -- but, with the start of a new semester, chances are pretty good we'll find or create one!

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I remember when heard Scatz was put into the hot seat. I really would like to try it. I am BEYOND eager to improve.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
You'll have to come down to the 'Boro, sometime! If you're not already following our stream at Eagle Smash on Twitch, you ain't doin' it right!

Eagle Smash

Smash Cadet
"I encourage everyone who wants to get better to try a hot seat. After watching half of my matches (other half tonight) I realize I am better than I initially thought I was. Granted I'm still bad and need to improve on EVERYTHING I do, it made me realize what I am doing right and wrong that was in question before. I realize how bad my bad approaches really are from a third person perspective. I've never watched myself play before and sometimes I was surprised it was even me playing. Halfway through the stream the commentary fell off, but most were the same mistakes anyway. I see I'm better at adapting then I thought I was. I wish I could come every Wednesday and wish I played all the top 5. I want to get stomped so I can adapt. Thank you Sai for that txt file. Will work on it this weekend with Chris. I looked so wonky on stream with my cross-eye... I cant seem to adapt to Ike, gotta play more of that. Thanks for all the matches and the critiquing yall. I'd love to do another one!"

--Buket

Top Bottom