• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hope of Sophitia Alexandra in SSB is dead. Thanks for the suppport!

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Besides the fact that her clothes are a little too revealing for Smash, we have enough third party characters already. Smash 4 added three new ones, so I think we don't need anymore on that front. Soul Caliber characters would work well in Smash, but I think third party characters have been a bit exhausted. Mii Fighter costumes maybe.
If Solid Snake was reconfirmed for Smash 4, I would have to agree with you, but until then, I think Sophitia has a fighting chance (no pun intended). She was a guest in another game (along with Kasumi from DOA but I can't remember which game it was now) Sophitia could fit the atmosphere and design of smash more adequately than almost all other third party characters in consideration right now (assuming one of her older costumes were used as opposed to one of her new, more revealing ones), and her moveset is simple enough to be reworked for smash.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If Solid Snake was reconfirmed for Smash 4, I would have to agree with you, but until then, I think Sophitia has a fighting chance (no pun intended). She was a guest in another game (along with Kasumi from DOA but I can't remember which game it was now) Sophitia could fit the atmosphere and design of smash more adequately than almost all other third party characters in consideration right now (assuming one of her older costumes were used as opposed to one of her new, more revealing ones), and her moveset is simple enough to be reworked for smash.
Its not a matter if could she work; Soul Caliber characters would fit fine in Smash. Its that, already, we have a lot of characters from other companies.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
While I love Sophitia, I think this is way too far a long shot for a character in Smash.

Her design is far too erotic. Not only that but she's not even the main or most popular character in a series that's undermined by Namco's other more iconic and kid-friendly properties. This is not going to happen.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
While I love Sophitia, I think this is way too far a long shot for a character in Smash.

Her design is far too erotic. Not only that but she's not even the main or most popular character in a series that's undermined by Namco's other more iconic and kid-friendly properties. This is not going to happen.
Her 3, 1, and 2 are pretty tame

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
There's a lot less hope for Patrokolos than there is for Pyrrha, simply because Patrokolos has such a....poor reputation by this point. Pyrrha on the other hand, has a lot of room for reworking and changes that could make her very interesting. One idea that I had was that she could become an apprentice to Ivy as repayment for saving Patrokolos's life, and learn a new combat style with some magic elements.
Well I'm pretty sure Patroklos is coming back, remember Shunjiko? He was the MOST hated newcomer and protagonist in Mortal Kombat but he was in the sequel

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Well I'm pretty sure Patroklos is coming back, remember Shunjiko? He was the MOST hated newcomer and protagonist in Mortal Kombat but he was in the sequel
No no no, I'm certain he'll return for the next entry. I'm just honestly not really sure about what they can do to him to be more accepted by the fan base at large, I personally don't dislike him, but I fear they rushed his character development too much due to time constraints. And my apologies, but which Mortal Kombat entry was Shunjiko from? His name seems familiar to me.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
No no no, I'm certain he'll return for the next entry. I'm just honestly not really sure about what they can do to him to be more accepted by the fan base at large, I personally don't dislike him, but I fear they rushed his character development too much due to time constraints. And my apologies, but which Mortal Kombat entry was Shunjiko from? His name seems familiar to me.
Deception and later Armageddon

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Besides the fact that her clothes are a little too revealing for Smash,
Her design is far too erotic. Not only that but she's not even the main or most popular character in a series that's undermined by Namco's other more iconic and kid-friendly properties.
Wow, too many replies and my notebook is slow as hell. Gonna answer by parts if possible.

Yeah I know many would bring that point. While indeed her designs got more revealing with time, she did not start out like that, plus her wears on all of her Nintendo appearances have been quite modest. She could easily wear that or something new, more "warrior" like. Besides, ZZS looks more erotic than her and Palutena in a way. Guess we could aim for what she wears, for Sophitia to use too as both have grecoroman-like influences.

Bayonetta is also clearly more erotic than Sophitia and way more people are asking for her.

While it doesn't seem clear for Soul Calibur having a main character, she is quite influenctial in the storyline. And if she is not popular, let's help fix that!

I'm so glad there is a definite support thread for Sophitia in smash, didn't think there would be considering she wasn't in the top five of that recent popularity poll a while back. (And because of Talim's hold over the fan base) Used to play SCV competitively, (actually I still do) but came to smash due to a lack of players. SSBCanidates, thank you for calling this to my attention. Have you thought about a moveset for her yet? I honestly don't have time to read the entirety of this thread.
Well most people did not even realize there is one, as I am not a charismatic individual and she is not a popular character. I was going to ask the help of a girl from Ireland to help me promote Sophitia, but it seems she has given up, so I asked other artists to make art on her.

I am also glad you are interested. About movesets, I am terrible at them. You can tell in the video I made 4 years ago. I have been thinking on her Final Smash options.

I have been hearing, that SoulCalibur's new director wants to push Sophitia as iconic to the series and so she was placed in the Orochi Warriors game. Sadly, it seems that Talim poll hurt a lot.

Speaking of Kasumi, sort of Off topic; but when Ninja Gaiden 3 came to Wii U; I actually had my hopes up or Ayane in Smash Bros. But now after what happened with third parties and considering I want to go full swing on Sophitia...

Also speaking of Orochi Warriors, Takamaru was a guest in a game; which also helps someone from there be in Smash Bros, but oddly Takamaru has not been playable.

Last edited:

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Wow, too many replies and my notebook is slow as hell. Gonna answer by parts if possible.

Well most people did not even realize there is one, as I am not a charismatic individual and she is not a popular character. I was going to ask the help of a girl from Ireland to help me promote Sophitia, but it seems she has given up, so I asked other artists to make art on her.

I am also glad you are interested. About movesets, I am terrible at them. You can tell in the video I made 4 years ago. I have been thinking on her Final Smash options.

I have been hearing, that SoulCalibur's new director wants to push Sophitia as iconic to the series and so she was placed in the Orochi Warriors game. Sadly, it seems that Talim poll hurt a lot.

Speaking of Kasumi, sort of Off topic; but when Ninja Gaiden 3 came to Wii U; I actually had my hopes up or Ayane in Smash Bros. But now after what happened with third parties and considering I want to go full swing on Sophitia...
I wouldn't underestimate yourself considering you've come this far, rallying artists and voters to your cause. I understand that a two page thread might not seem like much to you, but none of this would exist at all without your intervention. If that isn't charisma I don't know what is. Sophitia is also a very popular character within the Soul Calibur fan base; not as popular as dear Talim, but popular enough that most people in support of other Soul Calibur characters wouldn't be disappointed if she was the one to make it in. That said, I haven't had the time to look through your video, but you might need help on a moveset of some kind. I'm not from Ireland, and I'm not an artist, but I think I can still help you with something. On Monday I'll be home, and I'll work around with her on SC4 to see what I can come up with for a Smash 4 moveset (I don't own any older soul calibur entries than that, so sorry.) I'll try to post it no later than Tuesday.

P.S. Yes, you should probably just focus on one guest at a time not to be rude, there's a remarkably low chance TWO additional guests will be able to score a slot on this roster.
Perhaps one, but I wouldn't roll dice on two.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I wouldn't underestimate yourself considering you've come this far, rallying artists and voters to your cause. I understand that a two page thread might not seem like much to you, but none of this would exist at all without your intervention. If that isn't charisma I don't know what is. Sophitia is also a very popular character within the Soul Calibur fan base; not as popular as dear Talim, but popular enough that most people in support of other Soul Calibur characters wouldn't be disappointed if she was the one to make it in. That said, I haven't had the time to look through your video, but you might need help on a moveset of some kind. I'm not from Ireland, and I'm not an artist, but I think I can still help you with something. On Monday I'll be home, and I'll work around with her on SC4 to see what I can come up with for a Smash 4 moveset (I don't own any older soul calibur entries than that, so sorry.) I'll try to post it no later than Tuesday.

P.S. Yes, you should probably just focus on one guest at a time not to be rude, there's a remarkably low chance TWO additional guests will be able to score a slot on this roster.
Perhaps one, but I wouldn't roll dice on two.
I have been here for years, and I am hardly taken seriously. Not only here, but at life and work. Sorry, don't be too hard on yourself either about not being from Ireland and such lol, but this girl I met 4 years ago, I felt she was the one to make art to help promote Sophitia for Smash as both her art is great and she did seem to look for someone from SC on SSB, with quite emphasis on the Alexandra sisters. But then something in my life happened and meh, later she gave up deviantart and now hangs at tumblr. She still makes good art but I haven't asked her the reason why she stopped with her SC/SSB art, and maybe I should not.

When the poll announcement happened, I immediatly went to talk to her, but maybe she did not understood what I wanted. maybe she was under the idea I wanted a big real world banner and not something to use on forums lol. Sadly, I can't send her images via tumblr private for her to see directly what I meant. Thankfully a close freind of mine heard the story and willed himself to commission the first support banner. I actually envisioned chibi-Sophitia more "dynamic" like swinging her arms around saying "vote for me" but the end result is good too.

I desired for original art, as I felt it captured better our goal over others who used photshop on already made images. Not an insult to those who do; but I really wanted something that feels more "original and ours."

Later again on deviantart, I see Quas-Quas´ image as a great coincidence, was expecting to get his help and it would had been great as he is Japanese; but he doesn't accept comissions :(.

Well Eskiner, it would be of great help if you do that! Be wellcome on it if you wish so, not sure if you also wish to enter the supporter's list?

Esknier

Smash Cadet
I have been here for years, and I am hardly taken seriously. Not only here, but at life and work. Sorry, don't be too hard on yourself either about not being from Ireland and such lol, but this girl I met 4 years ago, I felt she was the one to make art to help promote Sophitia for Smash as both her art is great and she did seem to look for someone from SC on SSB, with quite emphasis on the Alexandra sisters. But then something in my life happened and meh, later she gave up deviantart and now hangs at tumblr. She still makes good art but I haven't asked her the reason why she stopped with her SC/SSB art, and maybe I should not.

When the poll announcement happened, I immediatly went to talk to her, but maybe she did not understood what I wanted. maybe she was under the idea I wanted a big real world banner and not something to use on forums lol. Sadly, I can't send her images via tumblr private for her to see directly what I meant. Thankfully a close freind of mine heard the story and willed himself to commission the first support banner. I actually envisioned chibi-Sophitia more "dynamic" like swinging her arms around saying "vote for me" but the end result is good too.

I desired for original art, as I felt it captured better our goal over others who used photshop on already made images. Not an insult to those who do; but I really wanted something that feels more "original and ours."

Later again on deviantart, I see Quas-Quas´ image as a great coincidence, was expecting to get his help and it would had been great as he is Japanese; but he doesn't accept comissions :(.

Well Eskiner, it would be of great help if you do that! Be wellcome on it if you wish so, not sure if you also wish to enter the supporter's list?
Yes, you may want to put me on your supporter's list for now. I should add, I don't actually main Sophitia in SC4, but I am very familiar with her daughter Pyrrha (both Omega and Normal) in V, and am proficient enough at fighting games to learn how Sophitia operates in a few matches. It'll be done by Tuesday.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yes, you may want to put me on your supporter's list for now. I should add, I don't actually main Sophitia in SC4, but I am very familiar with her daughter Pyrrha (both Omega and Normal) in V, and am proficient enough at fighting games to learn how Sophitia operates in a few matches. It'll be done by Tuesday.
Why, thank you for your help!

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Sophitia Moveset:

Disclaimer: This is something of a work in progress, and is not fully complete yet. I wanted to start with the Specials, and then move from there. If you have any suggestions to improve upon it, please share them.

Overall: In the Soul Series, Sophitia Alexandra is a very solid and well rounded character, with incredibly useful normals, 8-way run moves, and stance attacks. In Super Smash 4, she will still be able to use many of the tools that make her strong in the Soul Series. Like Link, her shield will be able to block incoming projectiles, but unlike him, she has no projectiles. Instead, she will have an amazing ground game that can rival even Little Mac's, composed of normals and specials that synergize well together.
In terms of general properties, She will be slightly heavier than :4wiifit:, and will run slightly faster than :4ryu:.
She will have a low aerial fall speed, and low fastfall aerial speed.

SPECIALS:

Side Special: Olympus Cannon ( 66B in SC )
Sophitia rushes forward and swings her sword vertically with great power, launching an opponent skyward. Has a very wide vertical hitbox, and launches an opponent straight up, although unlike in Soul Calibur, it will be unsafe if your opponent blocks the attack. Think of it as a more powerful version of :4pit:'s side special, but without the projectile reflection aspect. You can also perform this move while sprinting to avoid the forward rush sequence of the move.

Neutral Special: Angel Step (2,3,6 in SC)
Here's where her moveset starts to look quite different than the rest of the cast. This move puts Sophitia into her signature Angel Step stance, in which she can perform two other attacks on ground: her Angel Step B (a powerful, and fast stab move that, in smash, will deal almost no knockback, but come out extremely fast, hit for high damage, and stun the opponent, stopping the opponent's momentum) or her Angel Step A (which I unfortunately don't really know how to describe, but will serve somewhat like a two hit attack with a wide horizontal hitbox and added ability to damage shields) Angel Step can only be performed on ground, in air the move will automatically use the Angel Step B (which will also move Sophitia through the air and deal moderate horizontal knockback to anyone it colides with, though it will not stun anyone it hits.)

Down Special: Guard Impact (A+B in SC)
Sophitia raises her shield in front of her body for a brief moment, and a brilliant green spark appears on the face of the shield. Should an enemy attack connect with the shield, the attacker will be stunned for a long duration, take a flat amount of damage, and then fall to the ground eventually if no action is undertaken (almost like Ryu's focus attack). If performed in air, Sophitia will slam her shield down vertically in a wide arc that will serve as a meteor smash.

Up Special:
I honestly have no ideas for this yet. If anyone has any ideas for an Up Special for Sophitia, let me know.

Everything Else: To be added later.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Sophitia Moveset:

Disclaimer: This is something of a work in progress, and is not fully complete yet. I wanted to start with the Specials, and then move from there. If you have any suggestions to improve upon it, please share them.

Overall: In the Soul Series, Sophitia Alexandra is a very solid and well rounded character, with incredibly useful normals, 8-way run moves, and stance attacks. In Super Smash 4, she will still be able to use many of the tools that make her strong in the Soul Series. Like Link, her shield will be able to block incoming projectiles, but unlike him, she has no projectiles. Instead, she will have an amazing ground game that can rival even Little Mac's, composed of normals and specials that synergize well together.
In terms of general properties, She will be slightly heavier than :4wiifit:, and will run slightly faster than :4ryu:.
She will have a low aerial fall speed, and low fastfall aerial speed.

SPECIALS:

Side Special: Olympus Cannon ( 66B in SC )
Sophitia rushes forward and swings her sword vertically with great power, launching an opponent skyward. Has a very wide vertical hitbox, and launches an opponent straight up, although unlike in Soul Calibur, it will be unsafe if your opponent blocks the attack. Think of it as a more powerful version of :4pit:'s side special, but without the projectile reflection aspect. You can also perform this move while sprinting to avoid the forward rush sequence of the move.

Neutral Special: Angel Step (2,3,6 in SC)
Here's where her moveset starts to look quite different than the rest of the cast. This move puts Sophitia into her signature Angel Step stance, in which she can perform two other attacks on ground: her Angel Step B (a powerful, and fast stab move that, in smash, will deal almost no knockback, but come out extremely fast, hit for high damage, and stun the opponent, stopping the opponent's momentum) or her Angel Step A (which I unfortunately don't really know how to describe, but will serve somewhat like a two hit attack with a wide horizontal hitbox and added ability to damage shields) Angel Step can only be performed on ground, in air the move will automatically use the Angel Step B (which will also move Sophitia through the air and deal moderate horizontal knockback to anyone it colides with, though it will not stun anyone it hits.)

Down Special: Guard Impact (A+B in SC)
Sophitia raises her shield in front of her body for a brief moment, and a brilliant green spark appears on the face of the shield. Should an enemy attack connect with the shield, the attacker will be stunned for a long duration, take a flat amount of damage, and then fall to the ground eventually if no action is undertaken (almost like Ryu's focus attack). If performed in air, Sophitia will slam her shield down vertically in a wide arc that will serve as a meteor smash.

Up Special:
I honestly have no ideas for this yet. If anyone has any ideas for an Up Special for Sophitia, let me know.

Everything Else: To be added later.
Seems Downright broken in my eyes

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sorry to bump, but let me say some stuff. First to all, looking at deviantart, I saw someone else with an art like Quas-quas' but with CGI models but also desires to see Sophitia alongside Pacman in Smash Bros. Gonna give the link:
http://rockmanbalboa.deviantart.com/art/Sophitia-and-Pacman-look-to-the-sky-548498472

Also, this is the Irish girl artist I mentioned was a heavy Sophitia supporter:
http://fuqdapoleez.tumblr.com/

Not sure if some wish to speak to her and convince her to do us some support art, and not sure where else to give the voice. Gamefaqs? I was banned there. But see some Soul Calibur support.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well Sophitia is getting s***ed on
I told you guys she is really hated here. Voting in that poll has been hard but it is not official. Makes me wonder why I am doing this in the first place.

Well it is almost a month before the ballot closes, not sure if to ask for more art in the remaining time nor if more supporters will come by.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Oh god, so sorry, I've been extremely busy and hadn't had time to write any comments or check up on smashboards. Now's as good a time to remedy that as any.

Seems Downright broken in my eyes
Tier placement is far more dependent on the effectiveness of normals/combos, aerials/airgame, and run speed than specials, smash attacks, and other miscellaneous properties. This is why characters like Sheik, Fox, Luigi, Diddy Kong (well not as much him due to nerfs), etc continue to dominate the meta-game in high level tournament play. In addition, if you haven't noticed, my comment about her ground game being able to rival Little Mac's has already been proven false considering her run speed is only slightly better than Ryu's (which is "acceptable" at best), which means unless she has godlike range (which she will simply have "good" range courtesy of being a sword wielding character, but not that far for a sword character), she will not be able to have Little Mac's ability to punish every mistake an opponent can make at close range (though she will be able to punish a large amount of the mistakes an opponent can make). Please forgive the lack of clarity on that.

I told you guys she is really hated here. Voting in that poll has been hard but it is not official. Makes me wonder why I am doing this in the first place.

Well it is almost a month before the ballot closes, not sure if to ask for more art in the remaining time nor if more supporters will come by.
*sigh Not everyone who believes Sophitia is an invalid pick for smash hates Sophitia herself you know SSBCanidates. Neither PsychoJosh or SmashChu dislike Sophitia, they just don't believe she is a good pick for a super smash bros character considering her clothing and presence of other third party characters in the series already. You also have to consider that it is possible other people from more popular character threads (such as that one Donkey Kong villain I don't remember the name of, Wolf, Snake, Wonder Red even, and others too) may simply be down voting Sophitia to increase the chances of their own characters making it in to the roster, not out of hatred. Moving on, I don't think you should ask for more art right now, you have most of what you need as it stands.

And I should say also, that I plan to revisit and finish the last of Sophitia's moveset by the end of next Sunday. I'll be busy this week again unfortunately.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Oh god, so sorry, I've been extremely busy and hadn't had time to write any comments or check up on smashboards. Now's as good a time to remedy that as any.

Tier placement is far more dependent on the effectiveness of normals/combos, aerials/airgame, and run speed than specials, smash attacks, and other miscellaneous properties. This is why characters like Sheik, Fox, Luigi, Diddy Kong (well not as much him due to nerfs), etc continue to dominate the meta-game in high level tournament play. In addition, if you haven't noticed, my comment about her ground game being able to rival Little Mac's has already been proven false considering her run speed is only slightly better than Ryu's (which is "acceptable" at best), which means unless she has godlike range (which she will simply have "good" range courtesy of being a sword wielding character, but not that far for a sword character), she will not be able to have Little Mac's ability to punish every mistake an opponent can make at close range (though she will be able to punish a large amount of the mistakes an opponent can make). Please forgive the lack of clarity on that.

*sigh Not everyone who believes Sophitia is an invalid pick for smash hates Sophitia herself you know SSBCanidates. Neither PsychoJosh or SmashChu dislike Sophitia, they just don't believe she is a good pick for a super smash bros character considering her clothing and presence of other third party characters in the series already. You also have to consider that it is possible other people from more popular character threads (such as that one Donkey Kong villain I don't remember the name of, Wolf, Snake, Wonder Red even, and others too) may simply be down voting Sophitia to increase the chances of their own characters making it in to the roster, not out of hatred. Moving on, I don't think you should ask for more art right now, you have most of what you need as it stands.

And I should say also, that I plan to revisit and finish the last of Sophitia's moveset by the end of next Sunday. I'll be busy this week again unfortunately.
It is OK Eskiner, you did well and worked hard on this. And I understand, I also have work and family to take tend of. But oddly I was not around here during my summer vacation. I too will be busy this week. Just wish others had been here talking during summer.

I am not angry at neither PsychoJosh nor SmashChu, but I really did not wanted to mention much on it but I know how the character of Sophitia had sexualized re-designs after SC 2; and usually that is what gets me into trouble with others.

But it really has nothing to do with her looks, but rather on how it seems she represents the actual spirit of the game and how her influence reaches various branches of the story. The idea of her being on Smash bros came way before the whole third parties on SSB was even an actual concept, but was under the idea that if it hapepned; it would be Yoshimitsu or someone alike. Then Snake happened and so it was fair game for those with "realisitc and serious designs."

Just have a bad taste on how these things go on 4chan and other boards. If she gets into SSB, I do expect and want for proper costumes like her usual blue/white dress. Bayonetta is openly sexualized despite she is more "covered" but most people don't seem to have an issue with she being on SSB, when if she manages to get in; of course her character and design have to fit the actual game.

So yeah I tried not to bring over the sexualization of the character as I felt that is not necessary. But het we will see what happens. I really wish to see something done by fuqdapoleez despite it is only a month away for the end, and managed to get the permission by RockmanBalboa to show his art.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well I managed to convince Elemental-Aura to make me a Sophitia newcomer banner:

Since the ballot is about to end, maybe I should make threads on other third party characters I desired to support, but not as strong as Sophitia to see who else wanted them in. But if I make long and well explained reasons on why I want them; it might take me a lot and I have my work to do.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sort of off topic, but since nothing bad was said from it here, I am trying to make some threads on other characters I would like to see as the ballot almost closes, but was under the idea we could only make one thread per user, and I really wanted to go full force on Sophitia but now I guess I can go and try with others albeit too late. Of course I won't make all of them, but just the ones I really see important plus due to time constraints and real life work.

Also, noticed some people tried to contact voice actors of the characters they wish to see. Oddly, most of Sophitia's voice actresses seemed to have dissapeared and the recent ones have no clear way of contacting them. Weird as it seems the actress who voiced Sophitia in SC2 doesn't seem to be around anymore, and she was quite popular for voicing Sophitia.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Just a few hours more of the ballot. Wonder if I will have time for my theory on Soul Calibur? We were given the right time, yet it flew by.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well the ballot has came to an end. Lots of things have happened in that time, in many levels. For me deals with my job and family, and to the rest and many things like Iwata's sad passing and a new president on Nintendo. They gave us a lot of time on the ballot yet I felt time passed by quicker than an eye blink. Only around 2 and something months left in the year. Ever since 4 years ago; I really hate both fall and winter but that is something else.

Making this thread, I would had never expected to at least find some support on Sophitia. Sadly some of those users never returned and wish other things had happened like the support from fuqdapoleez. But at the end, nothing happened. Anyway, guess it is time to say the following. My theory which links the Soul series with Tekken.

Many people do believe that both series take place in the same universe, Soul being the past. Tekken being the future/present. Way before the events of Soul Edge, Algol created both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur swords. SE wants power, is seen as evil but it is not precisely this. Meanwhile SC is seen as a weapon of good, but most likely wants order at any cost.

Again, respectively they don't represent evil and good; they just do what they believe is necessary to reach their goals.

Eventually, as mankind evolved and there was hardly any need for sword-like weapons and they evolved into something "different." Genetics maybe?

So somehow, Soul Edge became the Devil Gene and maybe Soul Calibur evolved into Angel; and a theorized Angel Gene.

Lars is somehow related to the Mishima family; and oddly looks like Pathrokos; Sophitia's son. Meanwhile, the Kazama line has something to do with Angel. Jun behaved like Sophitia, while Asuka does like Cassandra. Of course this last thing is hard to swallow as it means the Alexandra family branched itself and one branch went to Japan or so.

And in a way, this is not so crazy considering the swords can manifest as they like, SE manifests iteslf into Inferno, while SC into Elysium. But here is another theory, maybe there were never any Greek gods in the Soul series as they hardly appear.

We know Sophitia and Lizard man were not the only people chosen by Hasephaetus to destroy Soul Edge. However when Sophitia became a mother, she no longer received messages and Cassandra never had them.

My idea is that there were never any Gods, and Soul Calibur itself took the image of the Greek God of forge. Took advantage of Sophitia and others who still felt proud of their greek heritage, and sent them on a wild goose chase. This also because the theory goes that Elysium takes Sophitia's image in order for Pat to trust it, when SC itself follows its own agenda.

So yeah, there is my theory that SC was always malipulating any deep Greek believer.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Aye. I regret not thinking of Sophitia enough to vote for her when the ballot was still open. :(

Gerif_8

Smash Rookie
I'm so sorry for not being around here for the last couple of months. Like Esknier said, you, SSBCandidates, did an awesome job supporting Sophitia, and if she gets in it will be thanks to you, cause we've got this far because of you. Now, with the ballot closed, we can only wish. Who knows? Maybe Sakurai looking through the votes sees Sophitia in there and thinks "interesting suggestion. Why not?" With 2 Capcom reps and Bandai Namco developing Smash 4 he may think that it's apropiate to have another Bandai Namco rep. Sure we have some tough competitors, those being KOS-MOS, Lloyd Irving, Klonoa and Heihachi. But hey, "we won't give up hope". Also, if some of you are still around here and if you want, we can still talk about her inclusion and come up with a full moveset, stage, songs, costumes... Btw I thought a little of a Sophitia moveset and it has a lot of similarities to the one Esknier said, so I like it. Also, the last Sophitia newcomer poster is awesome.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sophitia main here and I would like to join the support list. She's my second favorite Soul character next to Ivy and it would be nice to have a real sword/shield character in Smash that actually fights with the latter. And I agree with the notion that she should have her SCII outfit in Smash since it's less X rated in comparison to her current attire.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Wow, where was all this Sophitia support when the ballot was going on? Thanks guys for all the support, but the fact some of you did not even notice this thread, means I failed.

I've always wanted for fuqdapoleez' help was she was one of the people who made me believe Sophitia could get it; and actually seems as someone charismatic that people would listen. I have never been charismatic, so I suck as a leader and have failed in everything I initiate.

I understand Gerif_8 Gerif_8 , I too was busy with work and my family, to the point my boss has placed me on an illegal position I have no right to complain nor get a lawyer. Still would had been nice for you to at least come and talk and used and spread the word on the banners.

One idea I had was to make shirts out of the banners, and show them at my local Nintendo community; but never had the right quantity of resources for it.

Maybe if someone actually charismatic had done this, probably at least we would had made some noise and less hate, I do notice Sophitia gets lots of flames for being a sexual character; when that was never the point as I have always seen her as the rightful character to rep SC in SSB.

To all supporters, thank you! You have my eternal gratitude. But with everything done, it is for the best to lock this thread. Sorry for the drama, but it is for the best and now let's support characters with actual chances. I see K. Rool really high but doubt Snake will return. Bye and thanks.

Last edited:

Gerif_8

Smash Rookie
This is sad:(. Are you sure you want to close this thread? But we are getting supporters even with the ballot closed! That's not bad at all! Of course the ballot is closed, but Sakurai isn't done releasing DLC characters. And what if Sophitia becomes a Mii Costume at least? I think closing this thread is a little premature. I certainly won't lose hope. But well, it's been an entertaining ride in this thread. Thanks and see you soon!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
This is sad:(. Are you sure you want to close this thread? But we are getting supporters even with the ballot closed! That's not bad at all! Of course the ballot is closed, but Sakurai isn't done releasing DLC characters. And what if Sophitia becomes a Mii Costume at least?!
Nope, it is over. I am done, though if you guys wish to continue go ahead. First 5 yes or no posts decide what to do with this thread. I vote YES to close it.

I vote this as a favor to smashboards as I know how the character is really hated, and it might be the best to lock it.

Also no Mii suit. Actual playable character or bust!

Gerif_8 Gerif_8 Look, with the ballot dead; I just don't know how to give support with more followers post-ballot. I was expecting lots of movement during it. And it really hurts me it did not happened. And I do feel, the thread will be closed anyway because it seems so far Sophitia is an offensive character to many people here; and I don't want to get in trouble. Oddly, Bayonetta is an actually open sexual character, yet more people are more open to have her in. Look, if you have any ideas which could help, then maybe I will not try to lock this thread.

Good luck man
...or woman
I don't even know your gender
To quote PC Principal, I could be transgen and be protected.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I wouldn't close the thread just because someone has dissimilar taste. Some people might grow to like Sophitia in the future.

All characters on this website have their own amount of hate going towards them. Nevertheless, haters will continue to hate, but supporters will continue to support. I personally don't see people demand their username taken off of supporter lists.

I would continue to support your idea, because an idea can grow when given enough time.

My vote is no, don't close the thread.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I wouldn't close the thread just because someone has dissimilar taste. Some people might grow to like Sophitia in the future.

All characters on this website have their own amount of hate going towards them. Nevertheless, haters will continue to hate, but supporters will continue to support. I personally don't see people demand their username taken off of supporter lists.

I would continue to support your idea, because an idea can grow when given enough time.

My vote is no, don't close the thread.
Seeing as there is a brand new area. I might migrate most of here there.

Top Bottom